• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sordin Supreme Pro-X LED (with Gel Cups and HEAR2 Tech) *Brand new 2023 Model*

RavenRocksPrecision

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2023
NC
www.ravenrocksprecision.com
~~Update: We recently received a question regarding how the 5 year manufacturer warranty is being handled for Sordin. Most of you probably are aware that Sordin is a Swedish company, and air mailing a broken/defective set back to Europe isn’t a realistic solution for most folks. Sordin has only one official importer to the US— Norma USA. US Sordin dealers work with Norma USA who will be honoring the warranty and serving as the creditor/replacer for any Sordin defects. This makes logistical sense on multiple levels, and will ultimately better protect to consumers and dealers. That being said, as a Sordin dealer, and more importantly a Norma dealer, we would help our customers navigate the process if they so asked us to do so (but it’s as simple as printing a return label). Ideally we never have to go down this road, but we felt it was worth discussing because we value transparency and your business. -RRP~~

Update: 17 May 2023 - As of today, Norma USA and Sordin have made the decision that Sordin will now be handing warranties directly (without involving Norma). This is not what we were originally advertised as a dealer, and it's not a decision that we are in favor of. Unfortunately, this decision is beyond our control, but for the sake of transparency, we are leaving the original comments (above) up. The good news is the 5 year manufacturer warranty and the return label is still paid. We will still help any customers with warranty issues navigate the return process. The warranty info is located here for those who want to read it: https://www.sordin.com/about/warranty. Please let us know if you have any questions. We appreciate your business.

Hey guys, we're expecting our next shipment of the new 2023 Sordin Supreme PRO-X LED tomorrow. We sold out within 2 hours on Monday when we got out first batch and decided to take some pre-orders on the ones that are coming in next. We will have more OD Green, Black, and Camo. We'll also have a small handful of the neckband models on ODG and Black, as well as the MIL AUX SFA in ODG and Sand. The PRO-X LED meets the mark for 99% of folks. They have the included Gel cups which are a $40 upgrade and these have the new HEAR2 Technology, which consists of 4 different audio modes. The 4 modes include FOCUS, which basically gives you super human hearing. I've got a pair myself and have been very impressed so far.

They're $279.95 with free shipping: https://ravenrocksprecision.com/sor...-with-gel-cups-electronic-hearing-protection/

From Sordin:

"Sordin HEAR2 is our new audio system. It is integrated in the latest Supreme models Pro-X and Pro-X LED. At its heart – four new audio profiles that further enhance your sound experience. Audio excellence made Sordin Supreme legendary. The natural reproduction of ambient sound with perfect directional sensitivity. The HiFi-like sound quality. Now: The next chapter – Sordin HEAR2 with four audio profiles, allowing you to adapt your sound experience to different situations.

HUNTING Hunting is the main audio profile for general purposes. The sound image is optimized for a normal hunting day, balancing clear ambient sound such as speech with comfortable low-noise audio.

SHOOTING Shooting is a comfort profile with lower gain and a narrower audible frequency spectrum. Perfect when normal situational awareness is sufficient, e.g. in shooting training at the range.

FOCUS Focus is your full-alert profile. It features high amplification and a wider frequency spectrum for highest situational awareness. Use this audio profile e.g. in the hunting tower to shapen your senses before your shot.

COMMS In Comms, ambient sound is deactivated and your hearing protector uses passive protection only. However, the 3.5-mm AUX input is active allowing for clear communication even in noisy environments. "

Let us know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• GreenProXLED.png
    GreenProXLED.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Reactions: mettee
btt - More PRO-X LED are on the website, more neckband models are coming in a couple of days and can be pre-ordered, and the PRO-X SFA models are being added to for pre-order. They will also be here in a few days.

~~Update: We recently received a question regarding how the 5 year manufacturer warranty is being handled for Sordin. Most of you probably are aware that Sordin is a Swedish company, and air mailing a broken/defective set back to Europe isn’t a realistic solution for most folks. Sordin has only one official importer to the US— Norma USA. US Sordin dealers work with Norma USA who will be honoring the warranty and serving as the creditor/replacer for any Sordin defects. This makes logistical sense on multiple levels, and will ultimately better protect to consumers and dealers. That being said, as a Sordin dealer, and more importantly a Norma dealer, we would help our customers navigate the process if they so asked us to do so (but it’s as simple as printing a return label). Ideally we never have to go down this road, but we felt it was worth discussing because we value transparency and your business. -RRP~~

Update: 17 May 2023 - As of today, Norma USA and Sordin have made the decision that Sordin will now be handing warranties directly (without involving Norma). This is not what we were originally advertised as a dealer, and it's not a decision that we are in favor of. Unfortunately, this decision is beyond our control, but for the sake of transparency, we are leaving the original comments (above) up. The good news is the 5 year manufacturer warranty and the return label is still paid. We will still help any customers with warranty issues navigate the return process. The warranty info is located here for those who want to read it: https://www.sordin.com/about/warranty. Please let us know if you have any questions. We appreciate your business.

Last edited:
Could you give a quick difference in MIL SFA, SFA and Pro-X besides price? Thanks.

Sure thing-

The Pro-X LED come with the upgraded gel ear cups and a white admin light. Colors: camp, black and OD green with camp headband. These are the most popular.

The Pro-X headband have PVC (foam) cups and instead of a headband have a neckband that goes around the back of the head. These tend to be popular with people with big heads. These come in back and ODG

The Pro-X SFA have “Sordin Flexible Attenuation” and increase attenuation to 31 dB with a thicker spacer that cuts out more noise. This can be removed to make a thinner cup for less noisy environments. They come in green and black with back leather headbands and PVC. Ups.

The MIL AUX SFA is like the Pro-X SFA but more robust and designed to MIL STD. They have some additional waterproofing etc. they come with PVC cups and come in Sand and Green with black headbands.

More info can be found in each product descriptIon on our site. Happy to help.

Reactions: db2000
Sure thing-

The Pro-X LED come with the upgraded gel ear cups and a white admin light. Colors: camp, black and OD green with camp headband. These are the most popular.

The Pro-X headband have PVC (foam) cups and instead of a headband have a neckband that goes around the back of the head. These tend to be popular with people with big heads. These come in back and ODG

The Pro-X SFA have “Sordin Flexible Attenuation” and increase attenuation to 31 dB with a thicker spacer that cuts out more noise. This can be removed to make a thinner cup for less noisy environments. They come in green and black with back leather headbands and PVC. Ups.

The MIL AUX SFA is like the Pro-X SFA but more robust and designed to MIL STD. They have some additional waterproofing etc. they come with PVC cups and come in Sand and Green with black headbands.

More info can be found in each product descriptIon on our site. Happy to help.

The current Sordin Supreme X I have now sometimes shut off when recoil from the stock hits my right ear muff. I sent a pair back for “battery box repair” and it helped about 50% of the time. I wasn’t sure if some of the higher end models fixed that through testing or not.
I appreciate your input.

Reactions: FJS
The current Sordin Supreme X I have now sometimes shut off when recoil from the stock hits my right ear muff. I sent a pair back for “battery box repair” and it helped about 50% of the time. I wasn’t sure if some of the higher end models fixed that through testing or not.
I appreciate your input.
Thanks for that data point and the short answer is I don’t know but I’ll bring it up. The latest electronics are different after Sordin split from MSA and released Hear2.

The Mil Aux models are supposed to be more rugged, but I don’t have any info on how they compare in recoil tests etc yet. If If I get extra info from Sordin via the importer regarding this, I will post it here.

Reactions: db2000
Do these have blue tooth to act as a speaker or headset?

MIL-AUX SFA are back in stock, as well as plenty of the other models - Every color is now available and ready to ship.

Also, doing something new on Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor SRP Brass:
We are now offering half box (50 ct) quantities (as well as full box) for those that want/need less brass, or maybe need to spend the rest of that money on groceries or gas.. - Half box is $67.95
https://ravenrocksprecision.com/lapua-6-5-creedmoor-small-rifle-primer-brass/

We also have Peterspon 6.5 Creed SRP for $59.95 / 50
https://ravenrocksprecision.com/peterson-6-5-creedmoor-small-rifle-primer-brass-50-ct/

Free shipping over $150 on everything.

For anyone researching this in the future, separately purchased SFA rings do fit pre-SFA/Hear2 headsets.
Are you able to tell the difference in sound attenuation between the two different rings? I'd be pretty interested in upgrading, if so.

Are you able to tell the difference in sound attenuation between the two different rings? I'd be pretty interested in upgrading, if so.
I am solely using the distancing rings to provide ample space for my electronic Peltor earbuds, therefore run it without the extra foam. Supposedly, Sordin sells the rings separately from the SFA foam pads and replacement ear cup seals. The distancing ring was $30/ea from SRS Tactical.

I run supreme pro X with gel cups, and have used my tep300 and Otto noise barriers under the standard sordin gel cups without issue, I also have large ears. Have worn combo for full 8 hour matches with minimal fatigue from the over the ear muffs. On a few stages of the day I put the over the ear muffs on my hat, to give a small break. The more real-estate the muffs take up when wearing the more they can get in the way shooting, I prefer to keep em low pro.

I'd also recommend https://rangesport.com/product-category/range-day/ear-pro/ (formerly Canuck Tactical). We've decided to focus on our core which is reloading components and premium ammo like the SwissP line and other high end hunting ammo. I personally own two pairs of Sordins and I like the product a lot, but we are investing in other reloading product lines/brands to now include:
-ADG
-Cutting Edge Bullets
-Swift
-And a few more things that we'll talk about once we get closer to reaching a deal.

We appreciate everyone who have sent business our way so far.