• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sorting blem bullets

Agent Entropy

It takes energy to be this disorganized
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2021
Reno, NV
I've got a bunch of blem bullets from Midway for 6.5cr. Consensus seems to be they're Hornady 143gr ELD-Xs. Thinking of sorting them. I have an analytical balance accurate to 0.001gr and my calipers go down to half of one-thousand of an inch. What criteria should I use to sort?

Apologies if there's another thread for this out there, I couldn't find it.

i'd just load them up and send it

in my experience the hornady blems (or sierra) are little more than cosmetic and any variation was no more than a standard lot

Won't make a difference. I bought several thousand of the 140ELDm blems and just cleaned them up and they shoot the exact same as the regular box stuff.

I’ve been shooting these for some time. Don’t waste time. Load them and send them

The only thing I do when sorting bullets is sort by length, base to ogive. I have .002 thou window piles. You will usually end up with a big pile and some small piles on either side of that big pile. I length sort all of my bullets whether it's bergers, lapua or bargain bin bullets

Reactions: Agent Entropy