• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOTECH Sniper Rifle Scabbard part 1

Shibumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2004
Las Vegas
We are pleased to finally have the opportunity to unveil the SOTECH SRS, designed specifically for real world operators.
It was designed around the need for snipers to carry all necessary gear as efficiently as possible, with nothing extra that adds weight or gets in the way.

The SRS has these features:

-Modular design allows for adding a backpack or ruck.
-One piece padded back and cover provide protection to operator and rifle system.
-Shoulder straps provide excellent comfort and stability.
-Interior padded channel protects barrel, and holds in place.
-Low profile reduces Target Indicator of a Sniper or DM.
-Can be worn over body armor or heavy winter clothing.
- 100% made in the USA.

8-2.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

21.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

16-1.jpg

15.jpg

url]

url]

url]

url]

Thank you for taking the time to check out our latest innovation.

Re: SOTECH Sniper Rifle Scabbard part 1

Very nice Phil great work. If you have one when i am in town next week would love to play with it some!!

Real Nice looking work. looks pretty beefy and stitched right also. I been pretty fond of this type of hybrid mix of rifle pack in the scabbard form . It's Looking Real Good .
This type of pack is ideal for shorter barrel rifle with collapsible & folding stock or DTA's would be a real compact carry on the back with this setup on the back by Keeping the muzzle end from banking the back of the Calves & keeping the top of it low and not banging the back of your head when tilting back .
This is Part-1 . So what's Part-2 ...???

That is really slick man!! Everything needed in a no-nonsense setup. Really impressive and looks very rugged! Congrats on a sweet design.

Was that at SHOT? Kevin from US Tactical had something of your's like that sitting behind our booth. I remember checking it out and really liking the concept and level of thought put into it.

Price???!?!?!?!? this thing looks sweet!

Dimensions and price to follow.
Thanks for the interest.

Phil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Real Nice looking work. looks pretty beefy and stitched right also. I been pretty fond of this type of hybrid mix of rifle pack in the scabbard form . It's Looking Real Good .
This type of pack is ideal for shorter barrel rifle with collapsible & folding stock or DTA's would be a real compact carry on the back with this setup on the back by Keeping the muzzle end from banking the back of the Calves & keeping the top of it low and not banging the back of your head when tilting back .
This is Part-1 . So what's Part-2 ...???
. </div></div>

Excellent analysis! You pegged the details very well. Part 2 will involve some features NOBODY else is doing. Don't want to go and blow the surprise, but you will like it! Coming very soon..

I like pack the straps look very comfy. Looking forward to part

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is really slick man!! Everything needed in a no-nonsense setup. Really impressive and looks very rugged! Congrats on a sweet design.

Was that at SHOT? Kevin from US Tactical had something of your's like that sitting behind our booth. I remember checking it out and really liking the concept and level of thought put into it. </div></div>

GZ,
The rig you saw was a prototype for McRee. It has since gone through several changes, and improved tremendously.
Thanks for the kind words! We are very pleased with the outcome, and there will some minor changes to tune it up.

Phil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice Phil great work. If you have one when i am in town next week would love to play with it some!!

</div></div>

Anytime! Remember the Sushi event. All you can eat, dirt cheap, excellent spot. Keep one night open.

<span style="font-weight: bold">..." <span style="font-style: italic">NOBODY else is doing</span>. "</span> . is a pretty bold statement, hard to invent sui generis in designing pack gear . So I am pretty interested in the 'Part Two'.
Ya the Scabbard style rifle pack is a tough bird to nail just right . It is a double edged sword with the Scabbard pack build, in that to long a barrel & hanging low off the shoulder-straps and it will tag the back of calves and On the Flip-side, If it gets to tall above the shoulders, it tags the back of the head or helmet when tilting back plus you start to get top heavy on the load . There is really no such thing as a perfect rifle pack. You have to make a pack that is built around a specific rifles platform . It looks as if you are doing just that and you got a good balance working with your design . (imho) The Scabbard style Rifle carry pack is that kind of pack that is going to make the rifle platforms of collapsible / folders in short barrel and the DTA's shine & really accent there best points of the build .

Bold but true...I just fill in the gaps that other neglected to see.

To avoid hitting the back of the head and/or the calves, why not have the rifle pack run <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">slightly</span></span> diagonally, instead of straight vertically? You could make the shoulder straps movable so that the scabbard would run diagonally either from the left shoulder to the right body side or run from right shoulder to the left side of the body. The <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">slight</span></span> diagonal carry would also avoid the butt slap that a straight vertical carry might produce.

Bare rifles have been carried diagonally like this for ages using only a traditional sling.

Right now there is no head or calf contact. You can go prone and shoot and still be fine.
If you run things diagonally, you are have swing factor, and now everything else is affected.
The people who want to run it that way typically use a sling.If that is the way they want to go I would recommend the TAB Rifle Cover. Works great for protection and that application.

Pics are getting put together of Part 2. I will have dimensions tomorrow for the scabbard.

Part Two?

What OAL rifle was this designed around? AICS 2.0 folded? or Like a MCM or Manners with a 24" barrel?

The pics should be out tomorrow, dimensions, and the prices are being finalized.
As far as dealers, there are some people in line, but no final decisions have been made.
Thanks for your patience.
It will be worth the wait.

Phil

I got the pics in, but have to upload them.
Should have them up tomorrow.
They are badass, I must say. I was totally shocked at how awesome it turned out!