• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sotting Scope needed

Bushnell Legend T-Series 15-45x60 looks about right. ~$500 street price, reticle, no-questions-asked warranty if there's an issue. No experience myself tho.

As Supersum advised, the Bushnell T series fits your requirements. Its pretty much the only thing on the market that does.

I had one for a couple months, but after comparing it side-by-side, looking at various business signs and resolution charts, to some higher end spotters, i resold the Bushnell on ebay. Simply put, there was no comparison.

The reticle was a dealbreaker for me, so i got an Optolyth TBG-80. It has similar glass clarity to the nicer Kowas and had the option of a reticle equipped eyepiece.

I wasnt comfortable buying through the US importer, Valdada, due to their reputation here on the hide, so i ordered one through a German distributor who was willing to ship to the states for me.

Its been a solid spotter, and i have both a non-reticle 20-60 variable eyepiece and a fixed 30x with a reticle.

The fixed 30x eyepiece just plain rocks. Awesome field of view, fantastic clarity and a gorgeous reticle. My variable eyepiece rarely gets use anymore.

Agree with the bushnell legend T choice. You can get it on brownells for a hair over $400. Optically I would say it is no match to a leupold mark 4 or a vortex but for the price it is great.

I got a USO spotter on here for $600 and they pop up for that price or thereabouts all the time. USO and it's a lifetime warranty I'm sure, but it's not like you can really break one without trying anyway. They have a reticle and are tough enough to hammer nails. IMO they have a bit restricted FOV but it's not fatal or anything.

Kowa makes a really good spotter too but I'm not sure what they go for. No reticle. The Leupold Mk4 45x goes for about $1000 I think used.

Nothing wrong with getting used optics provided they're made by a good reputable mfg.

Reactions: D2junky
Hi Rick,

Are you are looking for a spotter in regards to utilizing it at this range.. http://www.threatsolutionsgroup.com/index.htm

IF so then do yourself a HUGE favor and do without a spotting scope until you can increase your budget. Do not buy based on your restricted budget alone...all that is going to do is cost you more money in the long run because you are going to be upgrading the spotter more often than you want to.

Search for used Mk4 with TMR or browse Euro Optic website for deals.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hey guys,
thanks for the feedback.
Theis, I agree but its not my call to be honest brother, its for the range i'm working with so the price restriction is coming from them. I have a Leupold Mk IV with a TMR on it and i'm very happy with it, but thats mine. They want to pick up another spotting scope but on the lower end price range. It'll only be used at the range, help shooters find their shots real basic stuff. They dont feel they need a reticle but, I'm trying to sell them on the idea that its very useful to have one with a reticle for a number of reasons. All my suggestions are up there on price.

I'll take a look at the Bushnell. Let me ask you guys, have any of you used a Vortex? Someone suggested them even though they dont have a reticel in them.

THanks

I'll take a look at the Bushnell. Let me ask you guys, have any of you used a Vortex? Someone suggested them even though they dont have a reticel in them.

THanks
If you are talking about vortex razor they have the new green/black one and the old gray/green. If you get the old one in 11-33 it would fit in the budget. I have the old 20-60. Optically it is not bad but ever since I bought the bushnell legend T I bring the bushnell and the leupold mark 4 with me to matches and range trips, with the vortex razor and the zeiss diascope staying home.