• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sounds like fun!

Re: Sounds like fun!

The plantation owners might be ready next time. I am sure it wouldn't be hard to jam the radio control and crash their remote controlled air craft. I have heard it happens fairly regularly when two RC planes have their controls on the same frequency. You could just start switching frequencys until you hit the right one. Might do more than $300. damage next time and not a single shot has to be fired.

I had an employee who was an avid trap shooter, he tried to shoot down a small RC model of mine that was about 140 mph. He never hit it

I guess South Carolina must not have any laws in place protecting hunters from malicious interference with legal hunts (many states do). I would think that flying a drone near a bird-hunt might spook the birds and qualify as hunter harassment.

I see a few problems with this video

1. Bird shot doesn't go far and from the shitty video that helo was a good 100+' high.

2. Extremely poor camera work makes it all questionable.

3. If the helo thing was shot down why didn't it veer off track, I mean it has 5+ motors if you took 1-4 motors out it would veer off...? But it fell to nearly the same place it took off from.

4. Why would the hunters come flying out of the woods right next to the helo guys? What are the odds?

5. Why would the hunters run at all?

6. Doesn't this state have laws against disturbing a hunt?

7. This is the same BS media attention tactics that the Whale Wars captain does, i.e faking getting shot with a .45 etc... just to get a story to the media.

It's a publicity stunt. I'm still trying to figure out what they were trying to accomplish flying that thing though. Scare away the pigeons? Taking video of legal hunters doing legal hunting? dooshbags haha

While they are legal flying in the air above private property, if that would have landed on my land, I know they would damn well not be allowed on my property to retrieve it. Maybe I'd offer to go get it for them, and I'm sure I would apologize for "dropping" it...multiple times.
grin.gif