• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source for 700 Stainless Short Action?

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
Yep, I'm trying to find a Remington 700 STAINLESS steel Short Action without having to buy an entire rifle. And I'm not willing to pay +$1,200 for a custom action. Any ideas?

Hookman, thanks for the link. This is about what a new Remington action should cost. I spend a lot of time visiting local pawn shops and on the internet looking for use donor rifles. The results are always the same. I end up saving about $100.00 over the cost of a brand new rifle, but still the same I would pay for just the action like you posted. Therefore it's better to buy a brand new action for the same price you would pay for an old used rifle to tear down. I simply don't understand why Remington won't sell more of these actions for the purpose of building custom rifles. I remember calling Remington a few years back when I had an FFL business to buy just their actions. I was informed that they DO NOT under any circumstances sell just the actions. That same year I went to shot show and spoke with the reps from Remington in person, and got the same answer. Then I found out they did sell them to Brownells. That's when I contacted/visited Stiller and had them make me actions with my company name on them.

Ranger1183, you say you don't want to spend the amount of money they ask for a custom action. Unless you are doing the work your self, or a friend is doing it for you, you are going to spend the same amount of money on that Remington in the long run. Maybe more. Now, if it's personal preference, then continue on. Just thought you should check before you dove in if money was the only reason for the Remington.

Bugholes.com has some decent sized orders in with Remington, we may see these actions within the next couple months- I will be offering dealer pricing on these actions, they will come in cheaper than dealer and retail @ Brownells. We have SS SA/308s and LA/mags only on order at this time

Bugholes.com has some decent sized orders in with Remington, we may see these actions within the next couple months- I will be offering dealer pricing on these actions, they will come in cheaper than dealer and retail @ Brownells. We have SS SA/308s and LA/mags only on order at this time
Thanks for doing that for us. It would be nice to see a few .223 bolts if they come available.