• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source for AI AW muzzle cap?

racingmars

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2010
I'm trying to find a muzzle cap (barrel thread protector) for my AI AW for those times that I need to take the muzzle brake off. I've looked around on the web and emailed a couple of AI dealers but didn't get responses. Can anyone suggest someone I should get in touch with who is likely to stock or be able to order that part? Specifically, the AI part number I'm looking for is:

0945 MUZZLE CAP (STANDARD) for 0901

Thanks!

Re: Source for AI AW muzzle cap?

I got mine from Mile High but if they don't have it you might want to PM Dave Tooley. He's a Hide member and does the barrels for AI here in the US.

Thanks for the tip. Turns out that part (0945) isn't what I thought it was... I am looking for something I can screw on to the barrel threads and still shoot. Mile High sent me a picture of the muzzle cap they have and it looks like just a plastic sleeve that can slip over the end of the barrel (blocking the muzzle in the process) which makes sense for storage but not for shooting w/ the brake off.

Ok, sorry about that. They may have made me one. It was about $50 but I can still shoot with it. Back to the drawing board.