• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source for quality flannel button ups...?

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    I’ve been wearing flannel button ups for as far as I can remember and some years ago a buddy of mine turned me onto magpul button up shirts, both heavy and lightweight varieties. I’m not usually a fan boy but I got to tell you these are some damn quality shirts and for the longest time I was getting them at LAPG for like $16 or something ridiculously cheap. However, that source seems to have dried up or magpul is no longer making them. Does anyone else know of some quality shirts like these and where to get them that won’t break the bank? If you’ve never owned any of these then you won’t know what I’m talking about. Lol.

Idk about not breaking the bank. But the vertx ones are really nice. I’ve also heard good things about Dixon flannel and first spear.

Thanks for the recommendations. I know of Vertx and First Spear but wasn’t familiar with Dixxon flannel. Looks like some quality stuff. Damn I wish I could find some more for $16 lol. Can’t beat that price!

• Haha
    Reactions: Taylorbok and RS14
    Break the bank and try merino wool 250 weight. 1/4 zip for upper

Smartwool, Icebreaker, Ibex

I like Smartwool a lot, owning Icebreaker as well

The equivalent of going custom vs getting a Savage.

They'll both keep you warm/put a bullet on target. HOW they go about doing that is what you're paying for.

Reoccurring theme?

Another vote for Duluth Trading.

Who doesn’t like ball room jeans?

Carhart ones are decent but can be pricey pretty much just for the name. Duluth are nice and Pendleton.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Pendleton is pretty pricey as well.

Warning about merino wool: it has the resiliency of tissue paper. But it's the nicest clothing material for cool and cold weather IME

Not sure quality level compared to others listed but I’m happy with the ones I picked up at Costco for around $14.00.

Brownells sells the magpul ones for $25. I would also have to give a shout out to moosejaw. They have quality stuff for great prices and have a bit of everything. Great company for sure

Ive been wearing Dulut flannel for five years and they hold up well. The secret with Duluth clothing is to get on their email list. They run weekly specials and typically offer 25% up to 30% off coupons. Never pay retail MSRP.

Currently they have their Free Swinging Flannels on clearance for $25 and FREE shipping o orders of $75

Lots of great options out there, with no one brand that rules the roost.

My personal criteria may vary with yours/others.

The various Duluth offerings fit my requirements ergo my choice.

Wear a couple if you can, or catch and release then go from there.

Flannels are TONS cheaper than the other toys we all play with involved in this site!

And another Costco vote here. Cheap and don't shrink as fast as some of the other cheap offerings (Fleet Farm), plus can get them in different weights. Thick for colder weather, thin for more fair weather. Choices are completely at the whim of their buyers though so the wife picks them up as they are available. For $15 or whatever IMHO you can't beat them for heavy use in tough environments that may destroy them. Plus they are pretty soft and make great rags if they do get unwearable.

Aaron

Filson if quality, workmanship and warmth are important but cost is high. Is it worth it??? Personal opinion is yes but that is me

Costco for the rest of it. Costco is a great deal...bought 4 cotton flannel shirts for $60.

For shooting I love the Alaskan hard gear flannels from Duluth trading. I found them a little more stylish than the regular Duluth ones as a bonus. For shooting the plus is a little stretch flex in the fabric for movement, good pockets, a flap on one side, slash zipper on other and they have an optic cleaning micro fiber cloth on the bottom for your eye pro. Long length to hide handgun as well. Overall my favorite shirts.

These guys make excellent stuff; not cheap but made in the USA and top quality. They last forever.

If you like them a little more fitted I have been trying out untuckit shirts the last few months and their flannels are easily my favorite shirts now. Planning on getting another this weekend. I get mine in the slim fit trim which most others don’t offee

I’m cheap when it comes to clothes because they don’t last with me. That being said, I picked up some of the Kohl’s house brand (Urban Pipeline) and have been happy. Especially for $10-$12 each.

Bumping this up to see if there are any other good options for Flannel. I have Duluth, Columbia, Ariat and Noble Outfitters.
    I like the fit of the Columbia and Noble the best. I'm 6', slim with long arms and these 2 brands fit me well. The Duluth and Ariat are good fit in the shoulders and arms but are too long and too wide with baggy sleeves. Don't want a slim fit but just a regular. Also wanting collar buttons but not a must. I looked up the Dixon Flannel link above and like what they have but wanting to know about how they fit. I like the hidden collar buttons.
    What say the hide?

Kuhl is my go to for pants and shirts, their flannel rocks.

I heard the year 1885 had some good flannel gear

Prana and Simms are my go to. Wear one most days in cooler weather. I have some Patagonias too but they are all pretty lightweight.

Um…LLBean?

All the kuhl clothing I’ve tried is made for twiggy leg bantam weights and is about as durable as paper towels.

Necro thread but I have to give it the kiss of life.

No matter what you want go to the Google search bar and type in the item.

In this case

flannel button up shirts

Than add this suffix

Made in USA

Boom

Fuck anything made by communists or in sweat shops.

Johnson Woolen Mills I’m Vermont rivals anything made by Filson.

I like the tactical distributors flannel shirts. Comfortable and just heavy enough to take the edge off when I'm out screwing around bout the house. They have some on sale right I think.