• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source(s) For Bullet Ballistic Coefficients

Turkeytider

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2022
Georgia
Does anyone know of any web sites that list BCs for bullets to use for shooting solutions in calculators? Thanks.

the manufacturer of the bullets

and most ballistic calculators have about every bullet preloaded anyways
Well, for example, Hornady .223 75grain BTHP Match. Hornady, on their website and in their standard calculator, only lists the G1 BC. I would like to use the G7 BC. Would that require special communication with Hornady or have I not used something correctly in their on line calculator?

Applied Ballistics is a good one. On your phone and/or computer.

Reactions: Taylorbok
oh thats a bad example haha Hornady doesn't even put the BC on the box at all either...i just checked in my reloading room

i have shot them to 1k+ with the G1 no problem though (and that goes for A LOT of bullets that only have G1s posted)

I use whatever format they provide the bc in until Ive verified its wrong, it hasnt really ever been wrong. May have to adjust it a bit to line it up but it still works well enough.

If you must swap profiles and need a starting place I think the g1 will be about twice the g7 minus a hundredth and inversely the g7 about half what the g1 is plus a hundredth.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I`m probably over thinking this . I`m only going to be shooting out to 500 anyway.
IN that case you most certainly are. Velocity is your primary driver there, adjust the bc in your solver and see what difference it makes, it takes a pretty darn sizeable change to put you off target at just 500.

My biggest bc correction ever was a .300 to .315, most standard bc adjustments if any would be like .300 to .305 just to get that target clal out at 1k to roll that one click down etc in the solver.

Last edited:
JBM ballistics trajectory simplified https://jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj_simp-5.1.cgi

Adjust velocity inside 600 to make the calculator line up there and then adjust the bc to get it to line up further out past that.

A standard 6.5 creed
1686847568149.png

VS a super version of that bullet, basically no change, 2" or a tenth of a mil only.
1686847615422.png

VS 100 fps which has twice the effect.
1686847737364.png

Speed is most critical.

Last edited:
Definitely overthinking it for 500 yards, however Applied Ballistics lists that bullet with a G7 of 0.179 if you want to use that.

Reactions: b6graham
Another option would be to use 4DOF and run Hornady's "custom curve" again it's not going to matter that much at that distance.