• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition South Carolina

Re: South Carolina

Palmetto Gun Club in Charleston has ranges out to 800 ydss. Private club and membership required. Not really close to you if you are in the Midlands but really good/well run facility

I asked the same question not long ago and short of palmetto there really isn't much. Ended up setting up our own stuff on a buddies farm

SC has more military bases than it should. Ft Jackson has a completely anti privately owned weapon policy and hasn't cooperated with NRA shooters in years. The National Guard recently built a KD range of 300 yds on the base. AD, retirees and DOD employees haven't had access to a rifle range in several years. A new one opened recently but is part of a training range and is closed much of the time. The SC Department of Natural Resources which has responsibility for hunter education has no ranges over 300yds. Shooting in the midlands is possible at Mid Carolina Gun Club for members and guests but their range is 300yd max I believe.

Where are you in SC? Start asking all the farmers and landowners you know, and those who have relationships with farmers and landowners. It took a long time for me to find anywhere to shoot long, but now I have several options.

Look up member Turtlesniper, he has around 500 at his place and has people shooting it frequently. Palmetto is a good range if you can find a member to take you too.

Elberton Ga has two ranges that are open once or twice a month. One for practice and one for competitions.

800 yards at Ft.Gordon Range 14.Ft.Jackson opened a 200 meter range this year.

I asked the same thing about the Charleston area to shoot my AR15 from 300-600m. Palmetto may be a nice club but I don't know any members and the requirements/fees are somewhat ridiculous. If anyone has any or knows of anyone with this much private land and is willign to have guests, I'd love to come!