• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing South Mississippi Coyote with Christmas FoxPro

crumpmd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
Huntsville, Alabama. USA
I tried out my new FoxPro Spitfire today. After only 15minutes calling this fine female walked out of the bush.
This first pic is how she fell. The next is her next to my new gear.
IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

I am sold on the FoxPro.

Re: South Mississippi Coyote with Christmas FoxPro

Baited with corn?
crazy.gif
You Mississippi guys do things a little strange......
wink.gif

I have a spitfire and have had decent success with it.

Congrats!

Nice, what'd you put her down with?

they don't go far after a shot like that ! haha

Used an AR15 With Gemtech can. Ammo is 55gr bulk ammo from Southwest.
AR has a Rock River varmint upper that I cut to 16" and threaded for a QD flash hider to mount the can.
The corn is out for the pigs. Threw some out while I was there. I hunt pigs at night with a suppressed 308 and I gonna hunt the dogs in the daylight. There are no good deer there because of the dogs and the pigs.

Good job, I know how cagy the songdogs are, here in S. MS.

FoxPro is the ticket, there worth the money to me.

40gr The gem tech is great. I use it between two different AR platforms. I don't wear plugs when hunting. But I do when target shooting. The scope is 4x and adequate. Very light weight. I expect to have to replace it because it is likely to break under use.

The Fox Pro is great and the decoy is the bomb. The dog stopped and looked. I did not have to whistle or bark to get her to stop. she saw the movement and stopped to look and bam.

I was on a trip the last week and I got out today for the first time. No dogs today. But the crows will come to the fighting Crows call. I am going to use that to thin the crows.

Hey next door neighbor, good shooting and congrats on the dead gameeater! Is that the Halo? I love the hell out of mine, they are the ducks nuts!

We aren't seeing the hogs over in 'Cleave yet, but I hear they're showing up North of Sioux Bayou towards the Wade/Vanccleave cutoff. What kind of range you working at night on them hogs? I've got a noveski 300blk suppressed upper and some nv gear that needs some blood on it, if you were looking for some help.

Cheers,
Southbreeze

I'm using the 55grn sp Hornady ammo for the dogs/foxes/cats on my property and love running silent.

Hey crump,

I have a spitfire as well. I just used it on a trip a couple of weeks ago. Which sounds are you using?

I used the adult cotton tail distress. It worked pretty well. I am going to try the lightening jack next.
There are Hogs all up the Pascagoula river. The Chickasawhay and Leaf too. I am sure if you put out some corn and a game cam you will see some soon.
I hunt a private club just outside the town. Lucedale is west of Mobile about 15 miles.
We had pretty good deer several years ago, but the hogs run them off. The coyotes put a dent in the survival rate of the fawns. Turkey and quail are impacted as well. So it is my mission this year to kill as many pigs and yotes as I can.

I like seeing dead coyotes. They are becoming quite the problem hear in SC. Been eyeing the Fox Pro myself. Looks like it works pretty good.

I suppose there is not much water around there. Get closer to the river and you will see them. In. George county there is a lot of water. I have a 4 foot gator in my beaver pond. Pigs will not go far from a reliable water source.

My foxpro is on the way i'm ready to test it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the adult cotton tail distress. It worked pretty well. I am going to try the lightening jack next. </div></div>

I've had mixed results with both around this area. I've hunted places where they come running to lightning jack and places where the cottontail calls work better. Been working with mouth calls lately, gonna try those out on a camping trip in De Soto this weekend.

Yeah, I've had more success with cottontail distress/woodpecker distress mixed in with fighting foxes.

I get tickled when I'm at the house and set up in the barn, the ducks/chickens get wound up and hootin/cacklin, the goats are blowing and stamping....something is coming to the call!

Cheers,
Breeze

Re: Got a Bobcat with the Foxpro

That's a pretty cat, I would love to have one on my wall someday.

Re: Got 3 pigs this weekend too

Hey Crumper, have you tried the "butt out" tool for dressing them hogs out?

I ended up with one as a gag gift and test drove it on some ferral hogs that Pop was feeding out in Louisiana. We dressed 6 shoats and a guilt in one afternoon. It is the beez kneez.

THat there is some good eatin' looking for a pit to hop on! Here's half of one we just killed and rubbed down with seasoning.

halfpigonpitR.jpg

Cheers,
Breeze

I have not used one , I usually sew the anus shut with discards from the OR.
I am looking forward to smoking a whole shoat. New Cajun Brinkman smoker might hold it.
smile.gif

Have spitfire and mojo similar to yours. When you call do you let it run non-stop or do you run it a bit, cut it off, run it again, etc? I realize diff places require diff styles and sounds but curious to hear your techniques given your success. What about wind? Do you set caller out in front of you with wind in your face? Volume? Start low and work volume up with time?

I call continuously. Start at the loudest setting. Always hunt with the call and decoy 50 to 75 yards in front and the wind in my face.
But I am a total noob at this. So take it FWIW.
good luck and RollTide