• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Southeast Alabama

Rmas308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
dothan, al
Just moved back to Dothan, Alabama from time spent in Georgia. Anyone on here from the area?

I'm currently in Montgomery but travel around pretty frequently. The CMP range in Talladega is a little under 2 hours from my house, and that's the place I frequent most.

I'm from Ft. benning, GA. How's Rockford gun club? Anything that annoys you there?

@sleeplz Not a member but shoot there recently. Rockford has everything you could ask for in a day of shooting. I would happily pay for a membership if I lived a little closer. @blbennett1288 is a member and speak more about it.

@sleeplz I liked it a lot.

900-1000 yard square range
200-700 yard UKD range
100 yard square zero range
Pistol bays

Plenty of steel on the rifle range. Probably about 35pieces +. I havnt used the pistol bays in a while, so I can’t comment there.

Robert is actively trying to extend it. He is waiting on the opportunity to acquire more land. Last I talked with him he was going to put up a KYL rack somewhere between 530-580yards.

It’s a small group of members, under 100, so unless it is a big holiday, where a bunch of people have off work, or the weekend it is usually empty.

Looking to become active and find local people to learn from, located in Enterprise.

Yes I know it's an old thread but it's new to me as I finally found it.

Just moved back to Dothan, Alabama from time spent in Georgia. Anyone on here from the area?
40 miles north in Eufaula ,Al. Arena in Blakely has open range days you can shoot on their Unknown Distance range, you can stretch it out as far as you want

theres nothing here in town...lol i know some guys with primers but they are doing the gunbroker deal. i dont even buy from them
Yeah I keep hoping I'll walk in someplace and find something I can use. I'm not in need of anything that isn't already on the way or being packed from midway or midsouth currently. I know one place had powder on the shelf in the last couple weeks but I missed it until after it was gone.

I'm thinking about hitting up the CASC Dothan gun show on Sunday. Is this usually a decent show worth the time?

This is an old thread, however I am not too far from Dothan. I live in the Destin FL area, about an hour from Dothan. I don’t have much time right now but in about a year I am going to ”retire” and find a new job. That will enable me to visit some of the ranges in the area that you can shoot out to 1 K”ish. When the time comes I wouldn’t mind doing a link up of some sort.