• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southern Idaho Long Range Tactical Match

Alaskaguide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Long Range Tactical Rifle Match
May 26, 2012

Location, Hunt Idaho 22 miles from Twin Falls Idaho.
Time, Safety briefing 9:00 AM match starts 9:30 AM.
Cost, $25.00.
Target ranges, 90 - 1200 yards.
Target sizes, 6’ disks to 18” x 24” rectangles.
Round count, Recommend 60 rounds ammo.
This match will have a 50% payback split 60/30/20 to the top 3 shooters.

We provide free lunch to all shooters

Match is on private land in a natural environment most shooting will be from prone so bring a shooting mat if you want to stay out of the dirt.

This match is limited to 25 shooters and space is filling up fast 9 spots left at this time. To reserve your position at this match

Call (559) 907-9294 or email [email protected]
I do not check my PM's very often so phone or email me is best

Jerry

Re: Southern Idaho Long Range Tactical Match

any caliber restrictions?

.308 game only, or open to .338's or .300WM's, .50BMG, etc.?

Jerry I sent you an E=mail this morning I hope you recieved it.

Jay has some pretty sweet steel, I wish I could make it and I need all the practice I can get before the cup in June but I already paid for my room and dock slip. Hopefully there will be more throughout the summer.

This match will have a 50% payback split 60/30/20 to the top 3 shooters.

Deposit for confirmation will be due 30 days prior to the match.

RingingSteel you have a spot and it will be nice to shoot with you again.

Jerry

PM is on the way.
Dave

I wish I could come but my Youngest graduates that weekend. I hope you post Pictures and results. I'm in for the next one.

Does anyone have Directions to this shoot coming from Elko.

Jerry sent me a # to call but as of right now I can't get ahold of anyone.

Thanks

Sorry guys. I am in the back country of Alaska and out of touch most of the time. I will be flying to Idaho next week just to set up the match then back to Alaska.

Directions
From Twin Falls take hwy 93 north to Hwy 25 Turn Right (East) on hwy 25. Stay on hwy 25 and turn Left (North) at county roar 875 (If you get to the Hunt road you have gone too far).
On county road 875 drive 1/2 mile and the private range is on the right.
Hope that helps

Jerry

We had a good match Staurday despite the rain, wind and cold, but that is field practical shooting.

Eleven shooters came out to brave the conditions. I would like to give a big ya buddy to Garrett. Around Eleven years old I would guess, a good shooter and NOT a cry baby. That young man was soaking wet from head to toe and not one negative word did I hear him utter. Garrett, I heard your Dad tell you that he was proud of you, so am I.

David Wietz was our high shooter of the day with 66 out of a posible 75 points and took home the first place money, good shooting David!!! Second and third place came in at 64 and 63 points respectivley. Targets ranged from 190 too 1220 yards. Our long distance traveler was Doyle out of Elko Nevada. I am writting this from memory so I cant remember all the names.

A big thank you goes out to Jerry (Alaska Guide) for all his hard work in setting these match's up and also the Caribou and Dahl Sheep chili we all had after the match. Thank you Jerry!!! Thank you to Bob for letting us shoot on his land, your great Bob and always fun to shoot with!!! Thank you to David and (I think) also David who spotted for everyone at the number two firing position.

Thank you to everyone who came out. We all had a good time and hopefully learned something. Hope to see all of you at the next match.

Jay: It was me on the spotting scope using David Smith's spotting scope so either way, thanks to David.
smile.gif

Jerry: Nice match setup and execution. Very cool spot to shoot. Thanks for putting it together. Maybe the weather will be a little less Scottish next time. My gear is still wet despite shooting the match in Nampa today.
shocked.gif

Jerry,
Thanks for putting on a great match! The COF & the conditions were challenging, and those of us with decent rain gear had a great time. The caribou/dall sheep chili was outstanding as well. Jay, kudos to you for running the line instead of shooting; your efforts kept everything running perfectly.

I am looking forward to your next match.

Cheers,

DC

Jerry

Thanks for the great match. The weather did make it somewhat challenging but all is good when we are slinging beans down range. Speaking of beans thanks for the great chili afterwards.

Jerry, Bob,and Jay,
Thanks for all your efforts in putting the match together. The weather could of been better but it didn't seem to damper anyones spirits.
Garrett your a tough young man, I hope get the chance to shoot with you again for the match.
Dave

It is too far out to say for sure, but I expect to make it barring something unexpected.

Cheers,
DC

I don't see any problem with the timing.
Thanks,
Dave