• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southern Idaho Precision Riflemen May1-2 CANCELED

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
The first match for the Southern Idaho Precision Riflemen will be held in Bellevue Idaho May 1-2. This will be an all steel UKD match under field conditions. We cant charge an enty fee as we shoot on BLM land but we do accept donations for target up keep.I have set up an email for questions at [email protected] or you can contact me with PM's here.
We wanted to get a firm date set so people can make plans. I will get more details up soon but we will shoot that weekend.
Thanks Tucker

Re: Southern Idaho Precision Riflemen shoot May 1

Round Count will be 90 rounds per day for the rifle and then as many as you want for the pistol and carbine. Be sure you have eye protection for the pisol and carbine course its the nature of the beast when dealing with close steel and jacketed bullets.
There will also be a community gas grill to use. You can camp at the match site or you can stay in town, Ketchum and Sun Valley are not to far away.
Tucker

It is not sure at this time if we will be able to get into what will become our regular spot May 1st & 2nd. As we are waiting for the snow to melt and mud to dry.
We will post cords and directions no latter than six days befor Mays match as to it's location.
The snow is melting and mud drying fast so we have a pretty good chance to be in our #1 spot. The general area is approx 5 miles South, South West of Bellevue, out on the BLM.

Jay Seaquist

Ben, It was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday and we look forward to having you out.

Jay Seaquist

Jay and Capt,

Got it on the calendar. Might be a few days before the match when I know for sure I won't have to work.

Can think of nothing better than taking shots at those brand new targets. Maybe hit some.

Clint

HMMMMMMMMMMMM, well I will see you guys there!! How many people going to camp out?

Will be nice to get out and shoot with some of the members here. Shoot that Saturday/Sunday and leave country that following Friday. GOOD TIMES.

Thanks Guys/Gals

EDIT: What kind of distances we talking about here
smile.gif
Trying to figure which conversion kit to run in SRS...Or can I change out calibers in midst of comp??

It's great to have a shoot so close to home. How do we register and when and where do we need to be. Thanks Dave

JYD just let me know via PM I will get directions out in mid april when we have an exact area (weather dependent)
Later I plan on camping. Range would be from close up >50 maybe and out to 1000+. If you let me shoot it a couple times you can change it as many times as you would like
grin.gif

Tucker

Capt. M

We will be arriving that Friday, more than likely right after noon.

So the precision rifle is 90rds per day for both Saturday and Sunday correct?

Can you advise on ballpark number of rounds for the side match with carbine and pistol?

Thanks

Later, yes 90rds per day. I will find out how many rounds for the short range stuff, I'm not sure how many targets Jay has for the pistol and carbine.
Tucker

Myself and "MystaFire" might be in... never shot a match before so hopefully ya'll don't mind a new shooter (who's not a very good shot!). Like others above it'll be a few days before the match before we know if we can make it or not, but I sure hope we can..

Michael
BTW: Happy Easter!

Are there any places for good camping close to the range that is family friendly?

What's the course of fire?
Are there going to be timed matches?

I don't shoot a detachable mag system, therefor my caliber handicaps me on the timed matches as I can only put 2 in the mag.....other than that GO 7WSM!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Muley, the course of fire will be walk to a designated area, find the target, range the target, (mil or laser) shoot the target or targets, and move on to the next one. Not having a mag wont be a problem.

SWEET! Just the answer I was looking for. I am definitely going to try to make it.

I am really looking forward to this one .. We are going to try to bring the whole family .... My Mom is from Haily so she is excited to visit "home" ... It is also my oldest daughters B-day and she just so happens to want go camping for her B-day..

Can you compete in just the riffle and pistol ?I don't have any kind of carbine .

Thanks

Jason

Great offer Moroni!

Hopefully it all works out and we're able to make it! I *think* that is the weekend before 'dead week' so I think my schedule is good to go, not sure though... Hopefully we'll see ya there!

Michael

OK everyone we have a small change to announce for the May 1-2 match. We have changed the location from Bellevue to south of Twin Falls just a little way off of HWY 93. Jackpot NV is just a few miles south for those of you who would like to stay in a hotel. Salmon Falls Creek Reservuoir is 6 miles to the west my map does not show campgrounds but it does show restrooms. Myself and probably Jay will be camping at the match site found at
42 04' 32.96" N 114 38' 17.60" W The turn off is 4.5 miles north of the Idaho boarder going North on hwy 93 and 5 tenths of a mile south of mile marker 5 going South from Twin Falls. Take the turn out to the east and follow the signs.

One thing to think about if you are planning on staying in Jackpot is this weekend is Kentucky Derby weekend and rooms may go fast (you might even pick the right horse and make a few bucks)

If anyone has any questions or comments PM me
Thanks Tucker

It is still in Idaho right?

Don't have to figgure out NV gun laws?

I can't make this one, my May is booked.

Sounds like great fun, hope to see you there.....

Capt.
Do you need to pre-register or do we just show up sat? What time will shooting start?
Thanks
Jay

Capt.
Is there any cal. limits, snag wants to try out his 338 Lapua.
Thanks JYD

Stonefly, tou dont need to pre-register I will send emails and PM's out next monday so I can get a head count.

JYD, no caliber limits other than .375 and larger can only be shot at targets 1000+ yards. .338 lapua is fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 1000+ yards. </div></div>

How much + is there going to be?

Clint, we will have one in the 1500 neiborhood just for kicks you know something for us .308 shooters to waste ammo on and for the .300 and .338 shooters (Later) to school us on.

I'm sure there are no prairie dogs but maybe a rock chuck or two and maybe a few squerils <---- not sure I spelled that right
Shooting anything other than targets will be a no-no during the match but afterwards feel free.

Ok everyone I just got back from the match site with Jay and we have a great coarse of fire, 45 targets over five FP's that will challenge us all.

The road into the site is not suitable for car travle. If anyone is comming in a car please send me a PM and I will arange to pick you up. Also if anyone is bringing a camp trailer you probably wont be able to get it in. The road realy isnt to bad there are just a couple places that have washout ruts.

I will have all the info on how to find us posted up in a little bit.

If things go as planned I will be there.
How many shooters are you expecting?
Is there anything you need, or need help with?
and what time saturday will things begin?

Directions
get to Twin Falls the best way you know how. If comming from the east take the 2nd Twin falls exit and if from the west the first. Go south on hwy 93 this is the hwy you will want to stay on as it winds through town. Cross the bridge the hwy becomes Blue Lakes blvd follow that south to Addison and turn right follow about 6 miles. and get back on 93 heading south. Follow it south and watch the mile posts the turn off is 5 tenths past mile post 5 turn left ands follow the signs to the site. If you have any trouble in town just follow the signs to Jackpot NV. The cordinates for the turn off of hwy 93 is 42.03.697n 114.40.498w and the match site and camp area is 42.05.685n 114.38.448w

Stone, no age restrictions from us but I have seen the fish and game harass people for letting their kids shoot at cans because you have to be 12 years old and have a hunting license to carry a gun in the field. But I doubt we will have any problems.

myself, mysta-fyre, and bigjohnson will for sure be making our way down from lewiston