• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southwest Ammuntion Fraud

6tac6jack6

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2014
A while ago, I received an email telling me to purchase $300 or more of ammo from these guys and be entered to win a US Optics scope. Being close to the finish of my Tac Ops Delta 66, and in need of some ammo, I decided to go ahead and purchase extra ammo at a chance at the scope. I was excited to see the outcome and searched all over after July 4th as well as send multiple inquiries to the winner, only to be ignored, have my posts deleted, and be removed from their Facebook. I have not received a single round and not have I received a single response to where the ammo I purchased is. I can see that there are many guys chatting about the quality of the ammo produced by Southwest, however, all I can see is that they have scammed a former Army Ranger. I'm not looking to accomplish anything other than getting the word out on my experience.

Possibly there has just been a misunderstanding and someone can inform me on the winner of the optic and that their sites email is not working at this time and my efforts have a reason to why I have recieved no response.

I would say the customer deserves a response, atleast. I would love to know the scope was not just a ploy to sell extra product. If so, it should not go unrecognized or overlooked by the customer. There are plenty of honest places selling ammunition. I will be reporting a cancellation on my credit card today. I feel as though a couple weeks is plenty of time to have recieved my order that was marked as in stock

Anyone have some light to shed on this?

They shouldn't be able to delete your posts on here, that's weird. I hope it all gets straightened out for you!

Last edited:
I have met these guys as they are local to me. I would be very surprised if there was any funny business going on here. I know there is a thread to track lead times on ammo so you know how long the wait would be.

I would doubt they have the admin ability to delete a post.

Hope it all works for you.

They deleted your posts here on the hide? I don't know how one does that-it does sound bad, in stock ammo, credit card charged, no winner announced-this is more than just one bad, or as some of their fan boys may put it, "unfortunate" incident, but rather a series. The failure to answer, and to delete your inquiry does lead one to believe they are up to no good. May I suggest you contact your CC company! I'm not sure, but advertising a contest, one that is either bogus or rigged may actually be a federal offense. Interstate fraud of some kind, you may want to check with the FBI.
The requirement to purchase $300 worth in order to get an entry, sounds like interstate gambling, this is why almost every contest I've ever seen advertised states somewhere "no purchase necessary". There may be more than just fraud taking place, but illegal gambling! The Postal Inspectors may also want a look at these guys---just a thought. I hope you get the ammo you have been charged for, anything less is theft.

Last edited:
This guy only had two posts... both in this thread, I wonder when his account was created.

This guy only had two posts... both in this thread, I wonder when his account was created.

Makes you wonder how much of this is true since this shows the op already lied about posting previously on the other theads.

Makes you wonder how much of this is true since this shows the op already lied about posting previously on the other theads.

*Yanks off 6tac6jac6 mask Scooby Doo style -- Old Man Caruthers is underneath.*

/for the record I am taking no position on who is right or wrong on this. I just thought that was funny.

*Yanks off 6tac6jac6 mask Scooby Doo style -- Old Man Caruthers is underneath.*

/for the record I am taking no position on who is right or wrong on this. I just thought that was funny.

I would like to take no position as well but I do think it's funny how someone posted to contact the FBI!!!

I'm not saying that swammo is not doing something wrong but having met the owners the first thing that comes to mind isn't Fraud!!! Call the FBI!!!!!

Let's give them a chance to clear their name. They are pretty popular on the hide and I can imagine they wouldn't remain in business long if they were pulling scams all over.

All I can say is that my dealings with them have been straight up and first rate. No affiliation, no dog in the fight.........................just my experience.

I literally made this account for this problem I had. They have a Facebook page. They said they would notify via Facebook and snipershide. I had my buddy ask the winner on their post dedicated to the giveaway. There's nothing on there except chatter of ammo. No one ever questioned anything. My buddy said he posted on the snipershide post and nothing. I posted multiple times on Facebook. Then not only removed my post my removed me from their page

I don't know why I would make this up for fun? Like I have nothing better to do? Google search these things. You will see their page with the sweepstakes and it's down now. You can look up their hide page about the giveaway and there is nothing on there after the 5th when the winner was supposed to be noted about the scope.

And again! I haven't made a single accusation. I made this to get some attention because apparently writing multiple emails and posts (Facebook) was not powerful enough or prestigious for their response. Maybe now one of them can clear this issue. I would love to hear from them. I'm not trying to blacken any eyes. I'm trying to get this cleared up. And if there is something funny going on that I got suckered into, I'd love everyone to be able to see exactly what went down. Just straight up.

And again! I haven't made a single accusation. I made this to get some attention because apparently writing multiple emails and posts (Facebook) was not powerful enough or prestigious for their response. Maybe now one of them can clear this issue. I would love to hear from them. I'm not trying to blacken any eyes. I'm trying to get this cleared up. And if there is something funny going on that I got suckered into, I'd love everyone to be able to see exactly what went down. Just straight up.

Here you go, reading is FUNdamental: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-win-my-uso-sn-3-t-pal-5-25x.html#post3152160

Also. I still have the email I recieved from them. I'm not a trouble maker. I'm just looking for answers because I'm so tired of seeing people get taken advantage of. All that needed done was someone post "congrats Scott G from Neverhappened NJ" to be posted and I would have been satisfied and probably still just waiting on my ammo with my mouth shut. I have obviously also gotten ammo from them. Hence why I got an email from them. I would just have expected an explanation by now seeing how active the owner is on his posts here on the hide.

Also. I still have the email I recieved from them. I'm not a trouble maker. I'm just looking for answers because I'm so tired of seeing people get taken advantage of. All that needed done was someone post "congrats Scott G from Neverhappened NJ" to be posted and I would have been satisfied and probably still just waiting on my ammo with my mouth shut. I have obviously also gotten ammo from them. Hence why I got an email from them. I would just have expected an explanation by now seeing how active the owner is on his posts here on the hide.

Read the post above yours. It contains your answer, posted by hide member: swammo on July 8th for all to see.

Don't get me wrong though. If some funny stuff did go down... I'd love to do some eye blackening... And then some. And rightfully so.... I could only imagine I'm not alone on this matter. Someone else had to have bought into this and just never really thought about it or never cared enough to ask. I've never won a single giveaway and participate regularly... However, I see those smiling faces (which could be bs), with their new gear. It may be their close friend from the army, but at least I see a winner. That's all I'm askin for. Who won?! Simple

Ok. I see what you posted there. And I'm satisfied seeing it. Somehow I'm still skeptical not seeing it on there giveaway thread and not posted on their Facebook page... And not posted on their website...

So, call me a dumbass and whatever you want. I really don't care. I searched up and down for that page right there in luring sending multiple email for the past month. It wasn't as easy as you make it seem. And like I said. Wasn't opening my mouth trying to bash shit. I wanted a freakin answer. Finally got one. Case closed.

Also! Congratulations Zach!!!! Furthermore... I still am not taking back anything said about customer service. I have recieved a response from the ATF quicker than I have from these guys...

Hahaha! I am too! I really wanted to take the Hensoldt off and take a peek through that thing. Well. I am thoroughly relieved to know it was not bs. I've never had such trouble finding anything online, ever. I mean... Wow. That was a difficult task. I suppose I needed a hide membersip anyway. It's been years and I've just been observing from the sidelines and letting Frankie do all my biddings. Well, if they are as slow at getting emails as responding to them, I'll have my ammo before they get the one where I say I don't want it. As much of an idiot as I feel for starting this and there being an answer, it couldn't have been avoided. Trust me. I've looked everywhere and searched every way I knew how to and I've never not found something online... Guess there's a first for everything. I'll stick to firearms and stay away from computers as much as possible. Done deal. RLTW!

There was a scope winner, His name is Eric, wish I saw this earlier, I did say congrats to him on our thread. I don't do fraud, sorry to disappoint. I may have slow lead times, But I do deliver to those who support us. Sorry for the miss understanding. We will be giving away a Manner TF1a Stock next. Sorry I didn't disclose the every detail about the winner, he is a service member currently deployed, his wife did receive the scope. We have super awesome customers, I should have sent an email to announce the winner, but I think in most cases, people like to keep what they have quiet on open forums.

Zach

Wow. Well. With that type of response, you can rest easy knowing I will not be one of those people who support you any longer. I'll go ahead and cancel my current order, unfriend the FB page, and caulk this up to hilarious group of boys that really don't care about their business or have too much pride to make a professional post to a supporting customer trying to find out what was going on... I'm not disappointed in the fact there wasn't a fraud. I am however disappointed. I too am a service member. I really wasn't asking for his phone number and address. I just wanted to see there was a winner. I also just wanted to know why a couple of boxes of .45 and .300 BLK has taken over a month to arrive. Way to be pretentious there, Zach. Good luck on your endeavors. I see you having a long and productive business ahead of you with many supporters, in a very competitive business.

My cell, posted all over Snipers Hide, Cal Guns, 300Blkouttalk, and where ever else.

480 390 8121
Zach
co-Owner SW AMMO

Wow. Well. With that type of response, you can rest easy knowing I will not be one of those people who support you any longer. I'll go ahead and cancel my current order, unfriend the FB page, and caulk this up to hilarious group of boys that really don't care about their business or have too much pride to make a professional post to a supporting customer trying to find out what was going on... I'm not disappointed in the fact there wasn't a fraud. I am however disappointed. I too am a service member. I really wasn't asking for his phone number and address. I just wanted to see there was a winner. I also just wanted to know why a couple of boxes of .45 and .300 BLK has taken over a month to arrive. Way to be pretentious there, Zach. Good luck on your endeavors. I see you having a long and productive business ahead of you with many supporters, in a very competitive business.
I feel my response was not negative at all towards the OP here. I am simply stating, there was a winner, and I was sorry for not sending an email about the winner. I am sorry to loose your buisness, wish things were different, not what I was looking for in my response. I care, and wish you saw the post differently.

Zach

I'm just glad to have a response at this point. Seems strange to send multiple messages via Facebook, multiple emails, multiple messages through the actual site, over the span of a month or more, yet after one day on this post... All questions answered. It may be beneficial to have a phone number for your loyal customers on the companies website. That's the first time I've seen one. The internet is supposed to be convenient and easy... Not an egg hunt.

tampon.jpg

When I ordered from them I called them on the phone. Spoke with a real person, got price and lead time, paid over the the phone. Ammo came before it was expected. I've placed orders after that and always got my order when or before the time qouted.
And even though I didn't win the optic I will still purchase from them in the future.

I've had exactly ONE transaction with SW Ammo. It went smoothly. I got what I paid for. I had concerns on the tail end. They took care of it.

Everything I expect out of a stand-up company.

When I ordered from them I called them on the phone. Spoke with a real person, got price and lead time, paid over the the phone. Ammo came before it was expected. I've placed orders after that and always got my order when or before the time qouted.
And even though I didn't win the optic I will still purchase from them in the future.
Same here. Good ammo as well. Sometimes growing pains are tough on small companies. I know this all too well. They will continue getting my business.

.....I too am a service member.....

...all I can see is that they have scammed a former Army Ranger......

If you're a servicemember (yet a former Ranger?), then please stop acting like a child. Start acting like a professional.

An OWNER is on here and answering all your questions. Some of them he's answering even though he doesn't need to.

Calm Down. Eat a twinkie. Stop the Madness.

My only dealings with SW Ammo at this point has been email traffic, I have yet to order but plan on doing so.

I will note that SW Ammo has been very straight forward about issues and shortcomings that they have had, and seem extremely genuine to fix any issues that arise. Keep in mind that they are a small business, they don't have dedicated customer service people that sit around waiting to answer phones and emails so it might take a bit. They're a small operation in high demand, they're human too, shit happens.

I would like to take no position as well but I do think it's funny how someone posted to contact the FBI!!!

I'm not saying that swammo is not doing something wrong but having met the owners the first thing that comes to mind isn't Fraud!!! Call the FBI!!!!!

Let's give them a chance to clear their name. They are pretty popular on the hide and I can imagine they wouldn't remain in business long if they were pulling scams all over.
The someone who posted to contact the FBI, was me, for all to see. There are Lottery laws in the United States, if you must purchase something in order to be entered into a "contest" (actually a lottery), and are advertising this across state lines, in fact a Federal Law may have been violated. Either we are a country of laws, or we are not. I have read many times where members here are upset over various politicos etc. that are not charged with crimes, and feel the laws do not apply equally to all, are we no better? I for one believe the Law should apply to all, regardless. I'm not an expert on Lottery Laws, however; virtually every "contest" seems to have the disclosure, "No purchase necessary". I believe this is to keep themselves from violating Federal Lottery laws. Maybe the FBI is not the correct organization to investigate/enforce Federal laws of this nature, as you think it was funny, which Federal Law Enforcement organization would have take the lead in this type of crime? I was unaware of the Federal Lottery Police, if they exist I can see why you think this is funny, otherwise I'd like to hear from you, which organization, you believe would be the correct Fed LE organization. What I think is "funny" are you poor reading skills! If you re-read (or have someone help you read) my statement, you'll see my suggestion to contact the FBI was in reference to a bogus or rigged "contest". I even went on to explain why I thought in order to be entered you needed to purchase a minimum of $300, was not legal.

Last edited:
The United States Secret Service investigates major fraud cases.
Having said that and being a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) I don't believe fraud was happening here and even if it was it would be minor to the extent of getting an agency involved.

Being an "Oldtimer" I guess I learned many years ago that these "buy more and get an entry in a giveaway deals" are not worth my time.

Ever hear of Publishers Clearing House?

Rule #1 is to buy only what you need or want and don't vary from that just because you're offered an entry in a "sweepstake" just for buying more. Chances are the "winner" will be some non-existent individual or the "cousin" of the owner's wife.

I have had nothing but great customer support from them and will continue to use them. They always get me what I need when I need it. And knowing that they are owned by former Marines I feel confident that they will continue to take care of their customers and deliver. I have also had great results with their ammunition.

Ever since I saw this thread, it has taken my stress to the highest it has ever been. I am not perfect, I get tunnel vision and focus on things and other get left unattended. But here in this case, This guy goes on here and posts the word FRAUD with my company name on it for no reason. A Lurker who only created an account to bash me for what I see no reason for.

I gave away my scope for the greater good of my business, not for personal gain, I am in a nasty law suite right now, I am sure I will not recover the loses, but my business can recover it just gonna be a deep hole to climb out of.

I am sorry to anyone who feels I have wronged them, In this case I did not, I hope the OP understands that and has probably cost me more in future business then anyone can estimate.

I have shrank the staff down to the minimum, we all do everything here not just one task, but the people I have here are great people and loyal and I wouldn't trade one of them for anyone.

Sorry for the rant, Im just frustrated

Zach
cell 480 390 8121

Zach, I've never dealt with you, but this thread started off fairly sketchy to me and certainly didn't have an affect on me.

But I would be in the same position as you, and would be extremely outraged by this

Zach, you still have your regular customers and I'm sure we won't be going anywhere.

Maybe the OP can rethink his rash choice of first post title and change the title. He claims to be fair and solid. Let him show that to be the case.

I wouldn't worry too much about lost business. The negative title will actually draw more attn and then once here they will read what the majority of your customers have to say.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Ryan

Zach,

I get your email offers all the time, although I have not pulled the trigger on any orders, what the OP stated did not sway my opinion one bit. I feel that many that are coming into the precision/shooting community do not have a grasp on many things. Diverse suppliers, Long lead times (Be it Precision Rifle or Precision Ammo), Thin inventories (CASH is king) and there is no "Wal-Mart type manufacturing" of shooting supplies. They only understand consumer goods economies of scale, because that is all the goods they have purchased.

Why do I think you are an upstanding supplier and member of our community? It's simple, you post and always have posted your personal contact information. Only those in an industry that care about quality over quantity do that. The informed customer knows and understands the pressures of what you are trying to do and are willing to do for your customers.

Folks, I don't know Zach from Adam... but I can tell when something is above board and done right. I might can understand the OP's thoughts of integration of social media FB pages, Twitter, etc...; however, that is what large companies with plenty of cash can do for "Customer Service" to let folks know of who won what. But the new members of our community must adjust their expectations of the supply chain and realize what they are getting when they order from a SWAmmo, Apache Custom, etc...

So this guy joined a forum and failed to do a simple search or at least make a post asking about SW ammo and the scope winner before making himself look like a retard?

The single issue I can see is if they promised you a delivery date on the ammo. You never mentioned if they did, only that a month has gone by. Worse case you ask for a refund and you're done.

Other than that, I think I need to take you out for a beer so I can explain to you how the world really works.

Last edited:
Ever since I saw this thread, it has taken my stress to the highest it has ever been. I am not perfect, I get tunnel vision and focus on things and other get left unattended. But here in this case, This guy goes on here and posts the word FRAUD with my company name on it for no reason. A Lurker who only created an account to bash me for what I see no reason for.

I gave away my scope for the greater good of my business, not for personal gain, I am in a nasty law suite right now, I am sure I will not recover the loses, but my business can recover it just gonna be a deep hole to climb out of.

I am sorry to anyone who feels I have wronged them, In this case I did not, I hope the OP understands that and has probably cost me more in future business then anyone can estimate.

I have shrank the staff down to the minimum, we all do everything here not just one task, but the people I have here are great people and loyal and I wouldn't trade one of them for anyone.

Sorry for the rant, Im just frustrated

Zach
cell 480 390 8121

Zach,

I also do not know you and have never ordered but I have been thinking about it as some of your prices are very good and I always like to support the local businesses and the "little guys" whenever I can. This thread had the opposite effect than the OP intended and I will definitely be ordering from you in the very near future. Don't let that idiot get to you, keep doing your thing!

Best wishes and good luck!

A long week only gets longer reading this. SWAMMO is the victim here in my eyes. Guy doesn't take the time to do his own research on the thread about the sweeps in the forum he is posting, after being given the link he congratulates Zach... lmao. Then continues to bitch and says he will cancel his order and surely he didn't take the time to read swammo's return policy which clearly states that they do not accept cancellations less than 60 days after order is completed.

I'm never going to claim to have all the answers but bet your ass I'm going to go through the due diligence before calling someone out. Less time sending a company emails with questions and more time reading the provided information. If they answered every question that they have already answered via reply they would need someone working the computer responding to emails full time.

Haven't ordered from swammo yet only due to the fact that I need quality 7mm RemMag which you don't carry. As soon as you do I'll be ordering from you.