• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Spartan 308 at 1k.

Re: Spartan 308 at 1k.

Nice group. I'm surprised Marc's builds dont get more attention on this site. He builds hammers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knight, I think the load was 308, and position was behind the rifle....LOL</div></div>

That's what I heard also. Impressive

Nice shooting hoss! Whats the specs on this rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knight, I think the load was 308, and position was behind the rifle....LOL </div></div>

Hmmmm.... I may have to try this mystery 308 and "behind the rifle"... your methods seem silly, but apparently effective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knight, I think the load was 308, and position was behind the rifle....LOL </div></div>

Hmmmm.... I may have to try this mystery 308 and "behind the rifle"... your methods seem silly, but apparently effective.</div></div>

Sorry Knight, I had to.

But yes, I would like to know as well.

was all 1000 yard in front of your rifle or was only 100 yards in front and 900 behind you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greenron15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was all 1000 yard in front of your rifle or was only 100 yards in front and 900 behind you</div></div>
LOL, thats funny.

VERY impressive shooting and with a fine piece of equipment

Thats impressive, last I knew the record was 1.4 something. And your knocking on that door with a 7.62x51?? mythicaly impressive.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

It's a R700 action tuned and trued
Bartlein 5R M40 11:25 twist finished at 26 inches
Timney trigger 1 1/2 pound pull
AI 2.0 and Vortex Viper PST 6-24 mil/mil ffp courtesy of CS Tactical

I use 44gr varget with 175smk 2.805 oal cci br2 primers and remington brass.

Shot all prone with bipod and rear bag.

Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greenron15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was all 1000 yard in front of your rifle or was only 100 yards in front and 900 behind you </div></div>

All 1000 in front of rifle. At 100 yards I average 0.19 to 0.20

Chad

Nice shooting ! Its not easy shooting at that 1000 yard range in NorCal. There are some tricky winds. Marc builds outstanding rifles that win alot of PR competitions. My wife is sending one of her rifles to Marc, someday I'll have him build me one.

This is nothing, I do this all the time, at 100 yds, but I'm pretty sure that next 900 yds isn't to big of a deal. haha great shooting dude. very impressive

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the comments guys.

It's a R700 action tuned and trued
Bartlein 5R M40 11:25 twist finished at 26 inches
Timney trigger 1 1/2 pound pull
AI 2.0 and <span style="color: #CC0000">Vortex Viper PST 6-24 mil/mil ffp</span> courtesy of CS Tactical

I use 44gr varget with 175smk 2.805 oal cci br2 primers and remington brass.

Shot all prone with bipod and rear bag.

Chad </div></div>

Goes to show you don't always need a $3000+ scope to make good shots at 1000 yards. Good work!!

Where are shots one,three,& six for your seven shot group

Why put stickers on top of holes shot into a target at one thousand yards, especially a two inch group? Did you think you could do better? There might be a good explanation I'm just curious man, nice shooting though.

On the stickers we write the yardage and the shot number for the shooter to see how they did afterwards and for databook info.

Chad

So you're showing an out of sequence 4 out of 7 or possibly 10+ shots?

Granted the 4 are good but where are the rest?

For instance, if I shot 1000 .223s out of an AR at a 1000yrd target I would expect to get at least a few sub MOA groups, see what I mean?

I'm not bashing, just illustrating that four close holes don't make a true group size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are shots one,three,& six for your seven shot group </div></div>

on the picture I see shots 4,5,6,7... at least I think the bottom left one is a 6 and not a 2.

I have no idea how many Chops actually fired but, we have 10 mins at each distance to fire however many rounds you want. Generally I would say most of us shoot 10ish rounds to simulate the next days comp. That lower one is a 6.

Very cool, what a feeling knowing you and your rifle can do that stuff!