• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Spartan Blades

They are made by Mark Carey and Curt Iovito, two close friends of mine. They got their start with the help of legendary knife makers Bill Harsey (designer of the Special Forces knife and 2010 USASOC Chuck Norris Match Champion) and Chris Reeve.

Mark and Curtis are both retired Special Forces noncommissioned officers. Mark was NCOIC of the Special Operations Target Interdiction Course (SOTIC, now Special Forces Sniper Course) and Curt was one of my snipers and also a SOTIC instructor and Camp Perry competitor.

Their knives are first-class tools. They will be introducing a folder shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are made by Mark Carey and Curt Iovito, two close friends of mine. They got their start with the help of legendary knife makers Bill Harsey (designer of the Special Forces knife and 2010 USASOC Chuck Norris Match Champion) and Chris Reeve.

Mark and Curtis are both retired Special Forces noncommissioned officers. Mark was NCOIC of the Special Operations Target Interdiction Course (SOTIC, now Special Forces Sniper Course) and Curt was one of my snipers and also a SOTIC instructor and Camp Perry competitor.

Their knives are first-class tools. They will be introducing a folder shortly. </div></div>

You should get a group buy going, would love to pick up a few of their blades
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm going to be ordering the Ares Fighter.

I'm just waiting for them to get some more Kydex sheaths; they were out of stock this week and last week.

Also, these guys will give military personnel a 10% discount with a valid CAC ID.

However, please let me know if they would be willing to give a greater sicount on a group buy. Just PM me. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I'm going to be ordering the Ares Fighter.

I'm just waiting for them to get some more Kydex sheaths; they were out of stock this week and last week.

Also, these guys will give military personnel a 10% discount with a valid CAC ID.

However, please let me know if they would be willing to give a greater sicount on a group buy. Just PM me. Thanks! </div></div>

Not tryting to hijack the thread but be careful about scanning a copy of your Mil ID, since UCMJ has stated copying/scanning of Mil IDs is a crime.

I have an Enyo that I took overseas. I lost it during a patrol, and they gave me an extra 10% on top of the .mil discount towards a replacement. Great guys, and I love the knife.

I would be interested in a group buy. Been looking at picking up one of their blades.

I just spoke with Matt from Mattdtactical.com he's a advertiser here. Just last weekend we were all hanging out at the Chesapeake knife show.Great group of guys and they make great knives and Matt is a dealer for them.

He will chime in this evening but said he would love to do a group buy for SH for Spartan blades.

http://www.mattdtactical.com/SPARTAN-BLADES_c_56.html

They make a great product and are very nice guys! Without stepping on any toes, I would love to host a group buy. This will be my first one and I'm ready to give it a go. It is a small company with very limited runs. The wait time varies depending on the model. Please PM or email to [email protected].

Thanks,
Matt D

very personable people
spoke with them on the phone a while back
ive got the paperwork and pre-approval to become a dealer for them

I'd be in on a group buy if I could get a Nyx. It's not shown on Matt D's site, though.

So, I went ahead and ordered a Spartan Horkos and it should arrive either today or tomorrow...I HATE THE WAIT!

Just got my new blade in the mail today. It's freakin' awesome; Curtis and Mark even sent me a hand-written note thanking me for the purchase. Great guys and a great knife company, hands down!

Walked some of the same paths with Curtis in Iraq. Good dude, and I have no doubt his product reflects his standards well.

I too just got an Enyo. It is one sweet little knife it is perfect for carrying. Awesome knife now I want more.