• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision Carbon Fiber Bipods

Are these from the same asshole who ripped people off on the Snipers Hide rifle build and then came out with a bunch of shitty CF bipods that broke all the time?

I looked up the company, seems as they're from the UK so probably not the same folks. As I remember, CF isn't so hot from a lateral force resistance perspective... I have my LRA, I'm good...

I use the original basic version on all my hunting rifles. Took both the short and tall versions to Africa for six weeks and they were fantastic. The tactical version is new and I haven't seen one in person yet.

Not the same company at all. I've been running them on my hunting rifles for at least 3 years. I just buy a bipod, and run an adapter on each rifle. I have a Javelin Gen I and Gen II, and am very pleased with both. I have a review on LRH I did. No affiliation with the company. Have not played with any of their tactical style bipods, tripods, etc...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/javelin-bipod-review-150000/

Reactions: TripleBull
I looked up the company, seems as they're from the UK so probably not the same folks. As I remember, CF isn't so hot from a lateral force resistance perspective... I have my LRA, I'm good...

A Carbon fiber composite part's strength can be tailored for how it will be loaded so don't write it off. It looks as the legs on the javelin bipod are a simple weave which would have good strength in multiple directions. People get into trouble when they start building complex parts with unidirectional fibers and don't know what they are doing.

These have been stress tested with UK and US tier 1 units and we have had everything up to and including 338 shot off them although they’re not designed for the larger calibres. A recent customer has been shooting 300WM with no problems.

I purchased the original Spartan Javelin bipod several years ago. It was the lightest bipod on the market (at that time, unsure about now). I ended up returning it though. My issue with it was that the bipod did not fold like a typical bipod as it was designed to be completely removed and kept in your pocket or bag. Also the "adapter" which connects the bipod to your stock or chassis did not fit my MDT LSS. Spartan company is in the UK and therefore they did not offer an adapter that fit a picatinny rail. But the bipod itself was very nice, excellent manufacturing and the packaging was unbelievable.

Carbon fiber can be better than aluminum, issue , with many CF tubular products is that people use off the shelf chinese tubing that is designed first and foremost for the looks.And i reckon bipod manufacturers pick what fits their dimensional requirements and not much else , its not like bipod uses a lot of that carbon tube, so you can imagine tubes are not tailored for that bipod.
I myself designed a build a number of products with the china tubing but you have to know what you are working with and 'overbuild' way more than you would with tailored CF tube , but pricing for custom tubing was 6x more and they were nowhere near as nice looking as the chinese tube.

Last edited:
A unidirectional with biased reinforcements would make an awesome bipod leg.

I make fishing rods and other parts from prepreg.
Id love to build a bipod someday when I have the time.

Guys, I’m one of the staff here at Spartan. I’ll put together a decent post in the morning and explain where we are now with a few iterations of the Javelin bipod. Suffice to say a number of Tier 1 units are appreciating our lightweight and robust products!

would be cool for the long range hunting rigs. not sure if it really would be better than whats out there for PRS

I have half a dozen of them. They are great for hunting. Strong, lightweight and easy on and off. I shoot .300 Win Mag off them all the time.

Hi guys. Sorry for the slow response but I was over in Phoenix visiting McMillan stocks.

To answer the questions on the thread:

Yes, Leupold are selling a branded version of the Javelin now. We are also expecting to have Kimber rifles, Weatherby, Christensen Arms and Cooper rifles onboard shortly.

Although the Javelin does not fold up on the rifle our new 300 bipod does and can be stowed facing either fore or aft under the stock.

As regards strength.... We have sold nearly 20,000 of these now and have not had one break yet. We have customers shooting 300WM of them with no issues although they weren't designed for the larger calibers specifically. They are slightly overengineered though :D They are also deployed with a number of Tier 1 SF units worldwide and have been rigorously stress tested.

A couple of recent reviews we were rather proud of...

“Just got off Antelope hunt in WY

My son took his first antelope, and I got a nice one. Using your bipod. Its sweet! Worked perfectly, just as I knew it would. Best bi-pod on the planet IMO.”

Ryan Busse, VP Sales, Kimber

“Having used the Spartan bipod system on several hunts now, I can honestly tell you that I won’t hunt without it. I had been looking for a lightweight, easy to use, bipod system and Spartan has nailed it. I have used it to hunt wild sheep, elk, antelope, mule deer and even took it with me on a recent trip to Australia. For backcountry hunters, this system is a must. We make rifles that are built to shoot at great distances, and the Javelin bipod is an excellent choice to accompany the world’s flattest shooting rifles. The stability, weight and quality of the products are outstanding. “

Adam Weatherby, Weatherby Inc.

The scout rifle study are also quite taken with it and have been using it comfortably for 500 Yd plus shooting.

Weight wise I have a long model here that weighs in at 165g all in. Other competitors "lightweight" bipods are coming in at double that. The head is made of 7075 Aerospace grade aluminium which is considerably stronger than the 6000 series material used by most manufacturers.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

I have one and it is awesome for a hunting rifle. But it is lacking if you are going to use it on a tactical gun. I like being able to keep it in a pocket until ready to use it. It keeps from snagging on brush while hunting. I just had to order a new mounting bracket for mine. The one that came with the bipod was too curved to fit on the bottom of my new rifle, the forend is more flat on it. If you want light weight and easy to remove this is the bipod for you.

The neopod is quite a bit lighter, but this looks like it would be better for getting taller. This is also cheaper.

Hi guys. Sorry for the slow response but I was over in Phoenix visiting McMillan stocks.

To answer the questions on the thread:

Yes, Leupold are selling a branded version of the Javelin now. We are also expecting to have Kimber rifles, Weatherby, Christensen Arms and Cooper rifles onboard shortly.

Although the Javelin does not fold up on the rifle our new 300 bipod does and can be stowed facing either fore or aft under the stock.

As regards strength.... We have sold nearly 20,000 of these now and have not had one break yet. We have customers shooting 300WM of them with no issues although they weren't designed for the larger calibers specifically. They are slightly overengineered though :D They are also deployed with a number of Tier 1 SF units worldwide and have been rigorously stress tested.

A couple of recent reviews we were rather proud of...

“Just got off Antelope hunt in WY

My son took his first antelope, and I got a nice one. Using your bipod. Its sweet! Worked perfectly, just as I knew it would. Best bi-pod on the planet IMO.”

Ryan Busse, VP Sales, Kimber

“Having used the Spartan bipod system on several hunts now, I can honestly tell you that I won’t hunt without it. I had been looking for a lightweight, easy to use, bipod system and Spartan has nailed it. I have used it to hunt wild sheep, elk, antelope, mule deer and even took it with me on a recent trip to Australia. For backcountry hunters, this system is a must. We make rifles that are built to shoot at great distances, and the Javelin bipod is an excellent choice to accompany the world’s flattest shooting rifles. The stability, weight and quality of the products are outstanding. “

Adam Weatherby, Weatherby Inc.

The scout rifle study are also quite taken with it and have been using it comfortably for 500 Yd plus shooting.

Weight wise I have a long model here that weighs in at 165g all in. Other competitors "lightweight" bipods are coming in at double that. The head is made of 7075 Aerospace grade aluminium which is considerably stronger than the 6000 series material used by most manufacturers.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.
just purchased a CA MPR 338LM, looking at your Spartan bipod along with several other options. I want to keep the weight down obviously as I hunt steep mountain/canyon areas of NM. Do the Spartan bipods allow for extreme up and down angles and pan function with cant for quick deployment?