• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spartan Precision Rifles--thoughts?

Nemesis Lead

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2014
Alamo, CA
Does anyone have experience with Spartan Precision rifles? A friend of mine was raving about them and I know next to nothing about them.

Last edited:
The guys at Spartan are real professionals and they build hammers. I couldn't have asked for better customer service and I am completely satisfied with the rifle they put together for me. I wouldn't hesitate on calling them again in the future. Try to set up a meeting if you are serious about purchasing a rifle. They are right down the road from you in San Jose.

I own 4 complete Spartan builds with 2 more on the way. Everyone at Spartan is awesome, and they build hammers! You won't be disappointed going with Spartan!

Last edited:
Marc did my action and new barrel. I can tell you that Marc is anal-retentive on his machine work and wants everything to be *perfect* Not to mention no that he's genuinely a great guy and takes great pride in his company's work.

Marc builds wonderful rifles and is one of the nicest guys around. You will be more than pleased with whatever he builds for you.

Marc is currently building a .260 for me. He has been great to deal with and answered all of my questions honestly even when it meant he might not make as much money on the build. Talked to him last night and he expects I'll have my rifle within a month or so. Can't wait to get it to the range!

Like most of these guys, I could have had any smith in the country do my current build, and I chose Marc (the owner of Spartan) for this one.

Im not sure what I can say that hasnt already been said. Marc is an incredible guy, and as a resident of the great Communist empire that is California, it is awesome to stop by his shop as he is building a rifle for me (the 700 group-buy). My best friend is also getting a full-custom build with Spartan and its going be ridiculous. We both cannot wait for the finished products.

Marc's attention to detail is amazing, and he stands by every rifle he builds. I would say get your rifle now. It might not be cheap (buy once, cry once), but it is well worth the cost/time. You will not be disappointed at all.

I sent my parts to Marc on 04/14. I also had a bolt made by PT&G that didn't get to him until the beginning of July I believe, which was holding him up on my build. I talked to him yesterday and he said I should have my dirty little dick beaters on it within a month and probably less. So ~4 months or so. And this is a full custom build on a 700 action. He also got my McMillan to Joe Ducos aka "stockdoc" to install a KMW Loggerhead cheek riser during this time. I would call or email Marc and discuss your build and get up to date lead time info.

Great guy to deal with. Reasonable prices and reasonable lead time. Whats not to like??

Oh and did i mention, his rifles shoot lights out!!

I have a 6.5cm being built now. I checked around and, while there are a number of great smiths out there Marc stood out for a number of reasons. His attention to detail has been exceptional, he listens to what you want, he is good about offering his input when he thinks there is a better option, his level of communication is good and he is honest.

Additionally, Marc is an exceptional shooter himself. He has years of experience and he brings that to bear for every build I have ever heard of. His knowledge as a smith and a shooter adds a lot of value when specing a build. While I have heard some say certain smiths build great guns for important clients Marc builds every gun as if that client was the most important client.

You can talk with Marc however my sense is that his lead times are driven by the component lead times. My lead time is about 4 months but thats because my stock will take about that long.

Last thing....There are a lot of great craftsman out there that dont have a lick of business sense. Marc runs his shop well which allows him to offer great customer service and keep negative surprises to a minimum. I also believe that because he is a smith/shooter with good business practices that he can keep his prices where they are.

Everything "Pester" said is true. I have two of Marc's rifles and he is building two more and I will be sending even more work to him! The two Main reasons are his rifles "shoot" and I Trust him!

Not only is he a great gunsmith, but a damn fine shooter and competitor - so he understands what we are looking for.

Here is the finished .260 Marc was building for me:

And the first 5 shot group with Southwest Ammo 139 Scenars after zeroing the scope:

I couldn't be happier with the rifle. After some load development I think this thing is going to be absolutely ridiculous accurate. I am definitely going to be the limiting factor of this equation.

Marc, after playing with the new Gen II Vortex, I can't wait to get my second one from you for my duty rifle. This thing is absolutely awesome.

I had Marc cut and thread my barrel and install a brake for me on my .308 over a year ago, I am in the processes of saving up some funds so I can have him build me a 6.5 creedmoor. His attention to detail and the way he conducts business is the reason I am going to go with him over any other builder.