• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Special Pricing on Machine Work

Deep South Tactical

Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2010
    Mississippi
    www.deepsouthtactical.com
    I have been thinking for a while about doing this. First off let me say this: SnipersHide has really helped grow our business. I would like to return the favor and this is one way I can do it. Maybe this will help some people. You will, like always, get your barrel indicated within .0001 before any machine work is done and will also have our 3/8” guarantee with a quality barrel. I will leave this up for a while and see how it goes. Thanks again everyone.

Barrel chamber and muzzle threaded $300.

Remington action truing $100

Stock bedding $150

Remington bolt knob (knob included) $75.

Just got in two more barrels from these guys and the machine work is excellent! Hard to not get more at these prices...

Attachments

• 2D89AB63-0E37-4A3D-AC8D-1557D070FF29.jpeg
      2D89AB63-0E37-4A3D-AC8D-1557D070FF29.jpeg
      379.2 KB · Views: 360
    • C934329D-B3C5-4581-8CEB-B54463AD04C6.jpeg
      C934329D-B3C5-4581-8CEB-B54463AD04C6.jpeg
      372.2 KB · Views: 351
    • 61F73617-E2F9-47B4-9606-D5C833A14F78.jpeg
      61F73617-E2F9-47B4-9606-D5C833A14F78.jpeg
      465.5 KB · Views: 373
    I picked up a Manners Folder and Bottom Metal from DST. They also did the bedding for me for my Vudoo. Fantastic work and great pricing!

Wow, this sounds awesome!! Would this be like a group buy?

Do you guys sell the rubber thread protectors for barrel threads?

Is this a limited time offer? I have some blanks coming and at current rates, I might not see them until summer

How long do you plan on offering the special pricing for?
    If there is enough interest I will leave it here for a while. Who knows. It could be a permanent thing here if it makes sense. I did this to show my appreciation for snipershide and the members here. Yes it cut into my profits a good bit. Yes the word will get out and I will have people walking in the shop wanting a $300 chamber with muzzle threads. I knew this before I put the post up. If the volume is there it will offset the profit loss and make sense to leave it here. And yes my ass will be working the night shift on the HAAS. Lol. Thanks David.

Last edited:
    Two questions:
    1) SHould I just send the action in get trued or do I need to make prior arrangements?
    2) What is your approximate turn around time for the an action truing?

Thanks
    wade

Sorry to be a PITA, but what should I include for return shipping in addition to the $100 for truing up a rem 700? I will get the action in the mail today or tomorrow.
    Thanks
    wade

David at Deep South Tactical, hell it’s team work, the whole gang is awesome. Great work, fast turnarounds and damn good pricing. In today’s market that’s more than excellent, regardless of demands you can count on Deep South Tactical to get it done.👍🏼

Reactions: rancher5
    David,
    Can you re-time a bolt handle on a Remington RR prefix action?
    Mine sits almost .060 too far back, Zero PE.
    If you can, how much extra?

Can you do anything with Savage actions (in terms of truing)? And do you offer rebarreling of that same action from 308 to 6mm Creed?

If y'all were close to Atlanta I'd have a few rifles to bed... I just don't want to mail my rifles right now.

Can you do anything with Savage actions (in terms of truing)? And do you offer rebarreling of that same action from 308 to 6mm Creed?

If y'all were close to Atlanta I'd have a few rifles to bed... I just don't want to mail my rifles right now.
    I don’t get a lot of request to true savage actions but have done a few for customers. Yes we will rebarrel from 308 to 6cm. Thanks David.

Ever done one for an old Mauser? Got a Swedish 6.5x55 that could use a new tube.

Yes I have done some but never recorded my X measurement for the tennon threads. If you were open to sending in the action I could do it and record the measurement. Thanks David.
    Ok, sounds good. I just ordered a Benchmark blank and as soon as I get it in, I will send the action and blank in for chambering. Thanks, Rob.

Mailed a rem 700 off for truing to Deep South Tactical yesterday, at $100 and the list of operations it is a good deal. The action I sent I got on a fire sale from Midway, I imagine the action was sold off as Remington was making its last gasp just prior to bankruptcy.

I don’t do the timing. We send them to accu-tig. Turn around has been really quick with them. Thanks

Yep, I understood from the first time, I just thought you added a charge to the job vs paying Dan directly.

I'll look it up, wait for my barrel to arrive and we'll go from there.
    Thanks.

BTW, do you have any pics of bolt knob installs?

Am I a pain in the butt or what?😁

Give me a call at the shop. We can discuss it. Thanks David.
    I will when I get a chance to evaluate it better. It's a gunbroker buy I'm still waiting on to show up. Just figured it may be due because I got it at a low price due to the bore being "Light grey with some loss of rifling definition, particularly around the throat."

I'm thinking the number in your sig is the one right?

I will when I get a chance to evaluate it better. It's a gunbroker buy I'm still waiting on to show up. Just figured it may be due because I got it at a low price due to the bore being "Light grey with some loss of rifling definition, particularly around the throat."

I'm thinking the number in your sig is the one right?
    Yes

Yep, I understood from the first time, I just thought you added a charge to the job vs paying Dan directly.

I'll look it up, wait for my barrel to arrive and we'll go from there.
    Thanks.

BTW, do you have any pics of bolt knob installs?

Am I a pain in the butt or what?😁
    We can do it either way. You can send the bolt or I can. I don’t add to his price. What ever his actual price is plus shipping is what you pay. I can get you some pics of bolt knobs Monday. Thanks David.