• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors specwar mount for bolt action rifle

jsmythe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Nashville, TN, USA
I am looking to get the 7.62 SpecWar suppressor for a good (some say the best) multi-calibre suppressor. I intend to use this both for my Larue 7.62 OBR, several .223 AR15s, and my Remington 700 .308 bolt action rifle. I know that they offer both a muzzle brake and flash hider for the suppressor mount. My question: Does anyone know which would be better suited for a bolt action precision rifle?

That's what I was thinking too. I think the flash hider would work best with a semi auto and the brake is best for a bolt action. i plan to contact the company and get their opinion.

I like the muzzle brake the best for everything. If I'm worried about muzzle flash for low light shooting then I put the can on.

I run their muzzle brake and it is extremely effective on a bolt gun. I like them! I think they makes the most effective muzzle brake style mount out of all the other manufacturers. Surefire would be a close second.

I love their 5.56 brake, I recently switched to their saker brake so if you need a 5.56 specwar brake lmk.

I ordered the same suppressor for the same guns pretty much. The 30cal specwar comes with a flash hider in case you didn't know. I will probably screw it on a gun i don't shoot often and get*brakes for the 308. For the 556 I don't think the reduced recoil is worth the extra million db's when shooting w/out the can so might just go with a hider. But then again once I get it I doubt I'll shoot without it so.... I may take kamkaze up on that brake..

I will soon when I get my AI AW back from my Gunsmith. He's changing the threads for me & removing the SAS brake. If no one else does...I'll post them for you.

I would appreciate it. Function outweighs form but I would still like to see what the mount looks like on a barrel.

Both brake, or flash hider are available now. Just got my brake in from Silecershop

When I ordered mine from a local dealer he checked with silencerco and they said (or so he says) the 30 cal specwars are shipped with a flash hider, the 556 spec's are shipped with the buyers choice of either their brake or flashhider. All of their mounts are available separately, obviously, but you might check and see (if ordering from other than silencershop cause they clearly list the option) if you can opt for the brake instead of the hider when ordering.

Mine came with a flash hider. I didn't have a choice, but mine was in stock at my local SOT and that's what it had with it. Maybe if you ordered it you could specify? I'm not sure.

Get the brake. My POI change decreased by 50% with the brake vs FH. Only complaint I have is they do not include a shim set for timing.

When I ordered mine from a local dealer he checked with silencerco and they said (or so he says) the 30 cal specwars are shipped with a flash hider, the 556 spec's are shipped with the buyers choice of either their brake or flashhider. All of their mounts are available separately, obviously, but you might check and see (if ordering from other than silencershop cause they clearly list the option) if you can opt for the brake instead of the hider when ordering.

Mine was shipped with a brake and I bought an extra brake thru SilencerCO/SWR. I got the 7.62 spec war.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMAG1692.jpgIMAG1693.jpgIMAG1696.jpg

Last edited:
Would you still choose the Brake for a .308 that I will also hunt with without the Specwar installed? I usually do not wear ear protection while hunting though I wish I could find some that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you still choose the Brake for a .308 that I will also hunt with without the Specwar installed? I usually do not wear ear protection while hunting though I wish I could find some that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably best not to shoot any braked (or unbraked for that matter) centerfire rifle w/o hearing protection very often if at all. I've done it a few times in the past and can still hear pretty well but I may have just gotten lucky or maybe it's just not that big of a deal i don't know, I'm not a Dr.
But I always wear ear pro when I think I MIGHT need it. I'm 28 and plan on keeping my hearing if I can.