• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Speer 125g hp?

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    I ran into a bunch of them. I want to shoot them. Just wondering how they will perform? Anyone ever run them?

pe6u4yry.jpg

They shoot really well in .308. I've heard they're better than a boat tailed bullet for closer ranges. Shot lots of jack rabbits with the AR10 and 125 TNTs when the 10 was the only AR I had. I've got some load data I'll text ya. I still have some loaded up that were intended for the SCAR 17S & jack rabbit duty. I'm also planning on loading up what I've got left of the bullets in the .300 Blackout someday . . .

They will leave an exit hole on the off side of a coyote that you can put your fist thru. But I have found them to be very accurate in every .308 I have tried them in.

I shot some in a .308 bolt gun, they will shoot quite well. Look for powders on the faster side. I tried some with 4895 and the cases were sooty with a huge fireball.

They might make for some nice reduced/youth loads in 308 or -06, just wonder about the the terminal performance on deer sized game. Would be good for family members who are still a little recoil shy.

http://www.imrpowder.com/PDF/Youth Loads.pdf

Cool thing about these loads is you dont have to adjust the scope up to about 300 yards, the trajectory is about that of a full powered load. Trajectory drops off quick past 300.