• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms SPF to Bigsky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oban is indeed good stuff.
I don't know your wife... I don't think :unsure:

A lot went wrong here. Most of it was because of a highly desirable deal on a highly desirable package, from a relatively unknown and new seller.
God knows we've seen our share of scammers on here, and we'll see more, so the skepticism is justified.
But the way it was handled was not.

I don't recall seeing a single report or PM about this until today, well after the fact.

I can never and will never vouch for anyone, but I can provide information that makes the larger picture either more clear or more concerning.
It's not always instantaneous, so if you do run something by me you do indeed risk losing a spot in line. That's the chance you take when you ask me to help with your homework. Frank says I shouldn't do it, but I say I'm here to help the site and its good members, so I consider it to be part of the job.

Summary - No one gets banned, although some should be perhaps.

@deersniper - You've been pinging a LOT lately. The weather in MD ain't that bad right now. Get out more. You seem to need it.

Others who piled on after the gates were opened by him, count your blessings, read the rules, and adopt a kitty.
They really are wonderful companions. They'll ignore you better than your wife does.

@TacosxNachos - You signed up, paid your fee to get on the PX, and sold your gift.
Congratulations.
You gamed the system perfectly. I'll assume your buyer has your contact information, so your account here is closed, permanently.
The PX is indeed for members who are not just here to buy and sell. You've clearly chosen to not be that kind of member.
Next time your generous employer gives you such a wonderful gift, take your ass to Gunbroker and pay their fees.
When I said no one gets banned, I meant no real members of this forum.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.