• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

spikes lower captured spring question

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
hey i have a spikes lower and i noticed the spring hole for the takedown pin is threaded. anyone know that size or have a little hex head screw for that?

Re: spikes lower captured spring question

not exactly what you wanted, but it should of come with the screw...and you can run without it, I do and have no problems..pointless when the grip retains the safety spring.

did it come factory like that, or was it something someone did secondhand?

factory from spikes. i can skip it, i just figured id use it if it was easy to get. i dont know why they dont throw than in there when they sell it

Could of been Seekins that didn't throw it in there, thats who makes them. I recieved my IRMT-R upper last week and it was missing the titanium barrel nut. A quick call to seekins should get you fixed up. Still waiting on my barrel nut but I only called them wed of last week.

Your talking about the rear takedown pin right? If so they are all threaded. Mine are anyway. Tactical Innovatins sends a screw with the lower.

What screw?

Insert detent, insert spring, screw in the receiver extension (that has castle nut and receiver plate already installed) until buffer retainer is held in position. Piece of cake.

The seekins lower captures diffrently, it's located on the bottom where the pistol grip attaches like the safety spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildBill3/75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The seekins lower captures diffrently, it's located on the bottom where the pistol grip attaches like the safety spring. </div></div>

Cool... I did not know that! Makes sence now.

this is a standard lower, not the seekins made. i just put it together the normal way. i would love a seekins lower though

I was confused on where we got Seekins from in the first place. Wild Bill, I didn't know they were constructed that way either. Thanks for the info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heretic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4-40. </div></div>

thanks, ill grab a set screw in case i ever take it apart again

4-40 is correct. FYI Spikes and Aero Precision are two brands of lower that come threaded for the "takedown detent spring mod" from the factory. There may be others but those are two I have personal experience with.

If you're gonna do the mod make sure you cut down the detent spring by the length of the set screw (1/8") or the takedown pin will bind.