• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spikes Tactical Custom AR-15?

Shadow7

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2008
Sierra Vista, AZ
Anyone own or know about the Spikes Tactical AR-15s? Thinking of getting a new one and would like some feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Blake

Re: Spikes Tactical Custom AR-15?

I have one of their enhanced lowers... its good quality. I don't have any experience with their uppers or complete rifles, but have heard good things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MM1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one of their enhanced lowers... its good quality. I don't have any experience with their uppers or complete rifles, but have heard good things. </div></div>

How are the Nickel Boron internals treating you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blake B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MM1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one of their enhanced lowers... its good quality. I don't have any experience with their uppers or complete rifles, but have heard good things. </div></div>

How are the Nickel Boron internals treating you? </div></div>

NiB internals have been fine. I still only have about 800 rounds through this lower, so I'll have more info in the upcoming months. The trigger is pretty decent for a stock trigger. It feels less gritty than most, but I'll probably end up swaping it out for something else shortly.

As far as their complete rifles go, it seems they offer a good value. They are in the same price range as a lot of the larger companies who mass produce rifles using non mil spec parts.

Spikes Tactical is a good company. They have grown significantly in the past year or two, and the demand for their rifles has increased exponentially; primarily due to the low cost with good quality. Luckily, Spikes has managed to not "outrun their headlights" buy letting their standards slip while they have increased production. I have not heard of any QA/QC issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spikes Tactical is a good company. They have grown significantly in the past year or two, and the demand for their rifles has increased exponentially; primarily due to the low cost with good quality. Luckily, Spikes has managed to not "outrun their headlights" buy letting their standards slip while they have increased production. I have not heard of any QA/QC issues. </div></div>

That's what I have heard also, but just wanted to put out feelers for feedback from people who actually own one or have shot them. All the research I have done says that they are a stand-up company and the fact that they use Mil-Spec parts yet keep their prices comparable with the mass production companies is what is drawing me to them. I will not be using it for anything special, just want to expand my collection into the AR dept and Spikes Tactical is where I keep coming back to.

My only AR began life as a Spikes ST-15 middy. I don't have another AR to compare it to, but its never run at any less than 100%. Better than 1k rounds through it and never a hiccup.

I believe their lowers are manufactured by Aero Precision, who also manufactures receivers for a number of other companies. i own a Surplus Ammo and Arms, which is also manufactured by AP. the SAA stripped lowers sell for about $65.00 I have liked my lower so far. I believe they manufactured for LWRC before they started manufacturing in house.

I ordered a custom upper from Spikes about a year or two ago, I used it in one rifle course and next day I found that the barrel would rotate about quarter turn. Called Spikes and they build new one with upgrades and shipped it free. Good customer service but for me it takes one time. I would not buy Spikes stuff.

I have owned many AR's, including Colts. My Spike's LW 14.5" middy has become my go-to for home defense / carbine classes / martian invasions / etc. I beat the shit out of it and it never misses a beat. I've ran over 2k rounds of garbage wolf ammo over 2 days without cleaning and only occasional lubing every 800 or so rounds and it never had a malfunction. The only internal modification that I've done is a Geissele SD3G.

I appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to go ahead and order the complete Spikes Tactical. I will post feedback once I have a few hundred rounds down her.

Blake