• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sportsmans Depot in WA...opinions?

our gang

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2007
Cora, Wyoming
I recently bought a Nikon Coyote 4-14x40 from these folks. The price was the best on the net BUT:

1. When it arrived the scope box had been opened.
2. All the instructions were shoved in the box as if it had been a repacked floor sample
3. The box was not shrink wrapped (my last Nikon was)
4. The ARD device was missing.

I have emailed them twice...no response. They have no phone listing at their address in Woodinville, WA.

Glad I put it on a credit card. When that bill shows up, there will be a protest!

Any of you folks dealt with this outfit? Thanks.

Re: Sportsmans Depot in WA...opinions?

karma is a bitch isnt it? But you might have heard of a place called the better business bureau?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">karma is a bitch isnt it? But you might have heard of a place called the better business bureau?</div></div>

deadly....don't chase Humble or anyone else around, shit like that will get you banned.

They're the folks that took over the Sportsman's Warehouse locations in the NW (in lieu of payment) when S. W. was about to go bankrupt on them. They own a chain in Canada, but haven't been operating here very long, so it's hard to tell.

wiilsnipe, thanks, has not showed up on my cc statement yet, but will be protested when it does, if they have not resolved it.

Sportmans warehouse here is a joke. They never have shit and what they do is overpriced. The staff are rejects from Mickey D's.

Good "karma" to you. (LOL)

The Sportsman's WH here has always been pretty solid, at least the gun counter and optics guys.

Good luck on getting that sorted out.

Since any kid that knows something about web design can make a cool looking website, I tend to only order from the "big" names. Cabelas, Midway, etc. Occassionally I'll order from an unknown, but only if they do list a phone number and I can call and confirm an actual person works there and that they have the item in stock. I'll often also check them out through other methods.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sportsman_s_Depot

Did you send them an actual email or use the form on their site for returns/RMA numbers?

OUCH on that rating!

I used their online form and got an email from somebody this AM saying they would "pick up the old one and send me a new one."
We'll see.....

I thought it was Wholesale Sports out of Canada that took over the "Whorehouse". At least that's who took over the Lacey, WA store about .5 miles from my crib. Could be one in the same I guess.

Four more emails to them. No response. let me see...I have the scope and can dispute the cc charge...just how dumb are they?

Being that you already know EVERYTHING, it is safe to assume that you are aware the NO credit card will allow you to dispute a charge on a product that you have not returned (or at least made a good faith effort to return).

I would say that four direct emails to the site as well as two to the guy who sent me an "off site direct email", asking for an RA and UPS call tag constitute a "good faith effort". What would you do, hope on your donkey and ride back there with it?
(As you know everything, I'm sure you'll tell me what your EXPERT knowledge tells you!)
Being that you already know EVERYTHING, how did you miss the part of courtesy that says "If you have nothing constructive to offer, the least you can do is keep your yap shut?"
Oh well, what can be expected from Joisy Citi...ya know, huh, like man?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say that four direct emails to the site as well as two to the guy who sent me an "off site direct email", asking for an RA and UPS call tag constitute a "good faith effort". What would you do, hope on your donkey and ride back there with it?
(As you know everything, I'm sure you'll tell me what your EXPERT knowledge tells you!)
Being that you already know EVERYTHING, how did you miss the part of courtesy that says "If you have nothing constructive to offer, the least you can do is keep your yap shut?"
</div></div>

What would I do? I would start with trying to get along with my fellow SH members regardless of where they live.My Granite shop is less than 10 minutes drive from Sportsmans in Woodinville,and I'm in there once in a while,but,since I'm on IGNORE..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say that four direct emails to the site as well as two to the guy who sent me an "off site direct email", asking for an RA and UPS call tag constitute a "good faith effort". What would you do, hope on your donkey and ride back there with it?
</div></div>

Well since you asked--and for the benefit of others--as again, you have already proven your omniscience: What you need to do is type up a letter to the seller stating that you have repeatedly attempted to return the item--and send the letter with the item, BACK TO THE SELLER via some sort of "trackable" service. It has been my experience that the CC companies WILL NOT DO MAINTAIN A CHARGEBACK when the buyer retains possession of the disputed item. The only exception is when the item is shipped after the order has been cancelled.

Contrary to your assertion above, this post as well as my prior post do in fact contain constructive information; you are just WAY TO BIG OF AN EGOTISTICAL BLOW-HARD ASSHOLE to see!

Aren't you at all curious as to why you get into pissing matches in EVERY SINGLE THREAD IN WHICH YOU POST? Here's a little food for thought--THE ONLY THING COMMON TO EVERY ONE OF YOUR POSTS THAT ENDS UP IN CHEST POUNDING AND PERSONAL ATTACKS IS YOU. Is it more likely that everyone else in the world is a JERK- or ONLY YOU??

It is also clear that this happens in every forum in which you post--not just on SH. Are you really that angry with the world, or are you just a troll? Either way, don't you think your time may be better spent in therapy?

Here's a novel idea--since you feel the need to insult and belittle on a Tactical Shooting forum--why don't you shut up all the NAYSAYERS and PUT UP OF SHUT UP! Prove you are such a GOD to the shooting disciplines. In fact, if you agree to go, I'll bet the members will even pay your entry fee--

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1286570&gonew=1#UNREAD

Come on Mr Humble! Prove yourself! (I know, you will respond "I am a REAL MAN who need prove nothing to you Joisy Citi punk, jerk, tough-guy etc etc etc.")

Well, gee, thanks for credit card 101. Of course when I send it back it will be tracked with delivery confirmation as that is what Mastercard needs to delete the charge. I just see no reason why I should have to pay the return shipping to a company that send out defective merchandise. There is a neat little thing called a UPS call tag (SD uses UPS) that allows the buyer to send the item back at the sellers expense.

In my own business, if an item is damaged or defective, I replace it with a new one AND pay the buyers return shipping charges to me. That is just good business and ethical.

Insofar as your complete knowledge of my postings, well you have it wrong. In my 2400+ posts, only a few threads have resulted in what you call pissing contests. Others might call them differences of opinion confined to 10 members who follow my postings everywhere, regardless of subject, just to stir the pot, hand out insults and contribute nothing. I'll admit I don't always "turn the other cheek" when crapped upon. You know who you are as do I and most are on ignore so I don't have to read their comments if I don't wish to.

The whole 22-250 thread is such a perfect example of some people with no "hands on" experience pontificating about how, at any moment, I'm going to have a case head failure etc etc., they know all about fire lapping, they know why rifles don't group (headspace LOL!). Probably none ever built, owned or loaded for a real wildcat and wouldn't know a 280 Ross from a 7mm Vom Hoff, never made paper patched bullet and shot them in a real Sharps and, of course "know" that every author is a paid off hack who doesn't have 10% of their "expertise".

The gentleman from the NY Finger Lakes area, was the only person in all the prattle on that thread who actually made a suggestion with merit and absent invective. I will be trying that as I recrowned the barrel. Obviously, he knows something about factors affecting rifle accuracy.

BTW were you aware your violent crime rate is Is 2.03 times the National Average? Sounds like a garden spot in the Garden State to me.
If you make: $100,000.00 in Wyoming, You will have to make: $175,271.51 in Jersey City to break even.
Then about your gun laws........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The whole 22-250 thread is such a perfect example of some people with no "hands on" experience pontificating about how, at any moment, I'm going to have a case head failure etc etc., they know all about fire lapping, they know why rifles don't group (headspace LOL!). Probably none ever built, owned or loaded for a real wildcat and wouldn't know a 280 Ross from a 7mm Vom Hoff, never made paper patched bullet and shot them in a real Sharps and, of course "know" that every author is a paid off hack who doesn't have 10% of their "expertise".</div></div>

The only thing the 22-250 thread showed is that no matter how much you claim to know you are still too incompetent to correctly headspace a rifle. I suspect there is a correlation between your ignorance in that thread (and other threads) and your discontent with Sportsman's Depot.

The only correlation observed is between your asshole and your mouth (one in the same). BTW dipwad, today I went over to my "smith" buddy and we tried a 22-250 No-Go and guess what? it didn't. Then we tried a Go, went with a bit of resistance. then we tried a Min, went right in. It was a pain gutting the bolt to check it (You do know you have to remove the firing pin, fp spring, extractor & ejector to check headspace right??? oh of course you do because you are an EXPERT) So about my not knowing what I am doing?????
I guess you missed the part about the cases fired in the 22-250 chambering in the Tikka 595 with no problem. Lemme see... if a case is fired in a rifle with excess HS, it won't chamber in a factory chamber now will it....DUH.
The more you run your pie hole the more obvious it is that you really know very little about the mechanics of guns and are rather, a guy who goes down and buys stuff off the shelf and uses it. Nothing wrong with that until that same guy starts holding forth like he's a graduate gunsmith and has built at least 100 rifles from bits and pieces.
My ignorance as you call it, is just a reflection of how little you really know. Those who don't agree with your opinions must be ignorant right? You related to Pelosi?
I really gotta start a file of the PMs I get asking "who is the asshole from Or-he-gone with the gay boy mask?"
Well, again, thanks for the VERY light entertainment. Sportmans Depot has about as much to do with a 22-250 as you do with intelligent discourse.

Just got a nice call from SD, they are sending a UPS call tag to pickup the item. Once again, the old fool turns out to be the winner, while the IGNORE crowd validates why they are where they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got a nice call from SD, they are sending a UPS call tag to pickup the item. Once again, the old fool turns out to be the winner, while the IGNORE crowd validates why they are where they are. </div></div>

OK, You have now confirmed it. You are NOBODY's dad.

Yup and NOBODY didn't need some twit flopping her saggy tits around to validate his manhood either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got a nice call from SD, they are sending a UPS call tag to pickup the item. Once again, the old fool turns out to be the winner, while the IGNORE crowd validates why they are where they are. </div></div>

OK, You have now confirmed it. You are NOBODY's dad. </div></div>
I kinda like NOBODY! So please don't.......
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got a nice call from SD, they are sending a UPS call tag to pickup the item. Once again, the old fool turns out to be the winner, while the IGNORE crowd validates why they are where they are. </div></div>

What's your point? You asked for everyone's opinion and it just so happens to be that most think you're a douche. Turns out that you are in fact a douche and Sportsman's Depot is OK. Wow, you sure told us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only correlation observed is between your asshole and your mouth (one in the same). BTW dipwad, today I went over to my "smith" buddy and we tried a 22-250 No-Go and guess what? it didn't. Then we tried a Go, went with a bit of resistance. then we tried a Min, went right in. It was a pain gutting the bolt to check it (You do know you have to remove the firing pin, fp spring, extractor & ejector to check headspace right??? oh of course you do because you are an EXPERT) So about my not knowing what I am doing?????
I guess you missed the part about the cases fired in the 22-250 chambering in the Tikka 595 with no problem. Lemme see... if a case is fired in a rifle with excess HS, it won't chamber in a factory chamber now will it....DUH.
The more you run your pie hole the more obvious it is that you really know very little about the mechanics of guns and are rather, a guy who goes down and buys stuff off the shelf and uses it. Nothing wrong with that until that same guy starts holding forth like he's a graduate gunsmith and has built at least 100 rifles from bits and pieces.
My ignorance as you call it, is just a reflection of how little you really know. Those who don't agree with your opinions must be ignorant right? You related to Pelosi?
I really gotta start a file of the PMs I get asking "who is the asshole from Or-he-gone with the gay boy mask?"
Well, again, thanks for the VERY light entertainment. Sportmans Depot has about as much to do with a 22-250 as you do with intelligent discourse. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bravo! Keep the site on subject and foul language under wraps. Adults don't talk like that to other adults in person but sitting behind a keyboard seems to embolden some. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup and NOBODY didn't need some twit flopping her saggy tits around to validate his manhood either. </div></div>

The internet is great for you, you old, angry queen. You can still be an ass to the world with your mad typing skills and not have to stop using your man-pleasure for it's intended purpose to do it.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sportsman_s_Depot

Jeez! Reading the testemonials on there, definitely a place to be avoided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll bet the members will even pay your entry fee--

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1286570&gonew=1#UNREAD
</div></div>

I noticed that got glossed over pretty quick...

I'd chip in for that. I'd love to see a true master show all of us how its done.

Agree on avoiding them. They have finally come through. Dipwad 858 seems to think that a vendor failing to perform to a buyers satisfaction is the BUYER'S fault. That's a real spin on the facts but the source must be considered.
This thread is done in isofar as I am concerned so don't wear out you nubbies expecting to hear from me any further one this topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree on avoiding them. They have finally come through. Dipwad 858 seems to think that a vendor failing to perform to a buyers satisfaction is the BUYER'S fault. That's a real spin on the facts but the source must be considered.
This thread is done in isofar as I am concerned so don't wear out you nubbies expecting to hear from me any further one this topic. </div></div>

Hate to point it out to you,but,you too are a "nubbie",you have only managed to run your post count to a level that makes you THINK you are an "Oldtimer" on this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">she speaks... yet she says nothing... </div></div>

Amen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sportsman_s_Depot

Jeez! Reading the testemonials on there, definitely a place to be avoided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll bet the members will even pay your entry fee--

</div></div>

I noticed that got glossed over pretty quick...

I'd chip in for that. I'd love to see a true master show all of us how its done.

</div></div>

Hell ya, let's start a pool to get her the entry fee!

I hate to have to explain basic internet English to the sand dwelling rodent but:

Newbie: a newcomer to a site.
Nubbie: the shortened fingers of keyboard John Waynes whose empty lives are filled with typing drivel, neither requested nor of interest.

That's all, save your nubbies.

Still no response to the offer to help you make it down to Rifles Only to school us with that Merkel...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...This thread is done in isofar as I am concerned so don't wear out you nubbies expecting to hear from me any further one this topic. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">YOU LIE !</span></span></span>
2it1l2.jpg