• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotting scope with ranging reticle?

Robo

AI Guy
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2017
Burlington, CT
This has probably been covered in the past, but are there any of these out there in the under $2k price range?

Will check these out a bit more. I have a nice Kowa now that has great glass but would like something with a reticle as a "back-up) when dealing with unknown distances.

I've got the Bushnell and for the price it's fantastic. Without knowing what you want to do with it, hard to know if it's good enough for your purposes. Obviously it's WAY under your price point - so if the main requirement is a ranging reticle and "good enough for general use" glass, hard to go wrong.

Will check these out a bit more. I have a nice Kowa now that has great glass but would like something with a reticle as a "back-up) when dealing with unknown distances.

like atxhorn4425 said for the price the bushy is a great spotter...great for ranging targets and giving feed back to shooters and the glass is pretty decent...but if i was using it daily or for hours on end i think i would look into a scope with better glass i think eye fatigue could/would be an issue.

Bushnell looks pretty nice for the price and the occasional use for me. I actually like both of my kidneys!

Burris also has out their Signature HD scope and either a MIL or MOA reticle eyepiece can be purchased for under $2000. Maybe Vortex will bring back their reticled eyepiece.

Vortex is releasing a mil and MOA eyepiece for their Razor 27-60 in 2018. I’ve used the Bushnell Legend T, and was not happy with it. It felt like a plastic toy when compared to the more expensive scopes. IOR Valdada makes a good spotting scope for over $2k, and the Leupold Mark 4 is pretty good. The larger the object lense, the easier to spot bullet trace on the 6 - 6.5mm bullets.

I use the Mk 4 with the Tmr reticle, is it the best money can buy? No! But it works extremely well, it fits nicely in my pack and it’s supported by the aftermarket.
Shop around you can find good deals on them I got mine New with the Badger SLICK kit and leupold delta point red dot for $1400.

Attachments

• photo84946.jpg
    photo84946.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
I use the Mk 4 with the Tmr reticle, is it the best money can buy? No! But it works extremely well, it fits nicely in my pack and it’s supported by the aftermarket.
Shop around you can find good deals on them I got mine New with the Badger SLICK kit and leupold delta point red dot for $1400.

What's the attachment that you used to attach your lrf to the SLICK?

Athlon is bringing out a new spotter with a reticle, [video]https://athlonoptics.com/product/cronus-tactical-7-42x60-ed/[/video]
I have a set of cronus binocs and a cronus scope, if the quality of those two are any indication, this one will be nice too.

Looks brilliant! FFP love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my Leupold MK4 w/ TMR from Scopelist for $1140 shipped about a year ago and love it!

It might be worth making an offer to them. I doubt you'll get it as cheap as I did but you never know.

Reactions: MilDot1960
I got my Leupold MK4 w/ TMR from Scopelist for $1140 shipped about a year ago and love it!

It might be worth making an offer to them. I doubt you'll get it as cheap as I did but you never know.
I bought the HD GR Kit last year because I already have a scope with a ret in it, But I love the GR, it's the same as the Mk 4 and the glass is real good too, I had wanted one for a few years but over here (UK) I had to wait til the price came down to a realistic price, Leupold is a good solid platform to build upon.

John.

I have one of this Bushnell's I used it all last summer worked good nice and clear very comparable to vortex razor with 30x eyepiece a little sensitive on focus with just one knob but all in all worked good for $500 bucks and I really liked the mil reticle.

Reactions: MilDot1960
there are a couple of Leupold Mark 4 Tactical Spotting Scope 12-40x 60mm with TMR on Ebay for $800
If you want the more powerful Mark 4 20-60x80 with TMR then you might find one for $1500 but more likely $2000
Doubt you need more that the 12-40x60. So if you can choke down $800 grab one of those on Ebay. But The Bushnell looks like a good deal......especially if you find one used

Last edited:
Mk4 with the TMR is a solid choice for the money or if you can find one of the older Gold Ring with Gen 2 Mildots. I actually prefer the Gold Ring because in lacks the laser protective coating found on the Mk4s and looks much clearer.

Reactions: LG65CM
Mk4 with the TMR is a solid choice for the money or if you can find one of the older Gold Ring with Gen 2 Mildots. I actually prefer the Gold Ring because in lacks the laser protective coating found on the Mk4s and looks much clearer.
Is that laser protection the Green tint that is on the lenses of the m22 bino's ?

I have the GR HD kit without the Ret and I have the old Bushnell version of the Mk 4 with the standard Mildot Ret,

John.

Its similar function but not the same, I think they coat the lenses/mirror on the inside as apposed to the objective lenses like the M22/M24 binos. Its not terribly noticeable but if you look through a Mk4 and GR side by side you see the Mk4 has a darker tint to it.

Cool, I tried to get the MK 4 over here but they wanted about 3k for them and then they sold off all their stock cheap to the dealers and I managed to by the Brown GR kit for about $1670.00 which was fine with me because I wanted the brown version because black scopes don't match mother nature.

john.

I'm with TheGerman, once you gaze through a Spotter 45/60 everything else seems dim. With the amount of drinking I still do though, I need both kidney but I do have a couple of kids just hanging around...hmm.

Reactions: Emouse
I'm with TheGerman, once you gaze through a Spotter 45/60 everything else seems dim. With the amount of drinking I still do though, I need both kidney but I do have a couple of kids just hanging around...hmm.

You're looking at this wrong.

If you don't have any kidneys, there's nothing for the alcohol to destroy.

Mind. Blown.

Can I ask where you purchased? Thanks!

you stole that setup for 1400.

Just picked up the Bushnell t series and am really impressed for 500 bucks... haven’t had a chance to take it to the range but have looked through it looking at heavy equipment a few kilometres away and glass is actually very good

Does anyone have experience with the Sightmark Latitude XD 20-60x80 Tactical spotter with milrad reticle? The finnaccuracy.com article criticized the accuracy of the reticle, and I'm looking for more data. Scope low street price is around $700.

Jaegergroup

Last edited: