• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotting scopes...

Re: Spotting scopes...

You might get more traffic/results if you try posting this in the optics/observation section of the forum (or asking a mod to move it for you). Also, you might want to post your total budget (don't forget a quality tripod too) as well as the basic specs you are looking for (size, magnification, features, etc.).

Aside from that, check with Doug (member gr8fuldoug) with CameralandNY (a site sponsor here) on any deals he's currently running. He usually has excellent prices on a variety of spotters.

Midway has the Bushnell FFP Mildot for $369 right now. That's a great deal on a great spotter. I've done side-by-side tests with $1200 mil-dot spotters and the Bushnell was noticeably better.

The Bushnell Excursion is a great scope.

Check opticsplanet.com

They have them at $354. I just got mine from there. They are GTG. I have ordered various optics from them before and they are a good company. Never had any problems. One order was shipped incorrectly, and they straightened it out post haste.

I got the Bushnell and it's great. Had several guys at the range yesterday say how great the glass was. It's worth the dime if ya got it. Also look into getting a better tripod, the one that comes with it isn't very stable and shakes with almost any input. I just ordered one from precision rifle solutions. They had it shipped within a few days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eleaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Bushnell Excursion is a great scope.

Check opticsplanet.com

They have them at $354. I just got mine from there. They are GTG. I have ordered various optics from them before and they are a good company. Never had any problems. One order was shipped incorrectly, and they straightened it out post haste. </div></div>

I got mine from Optics Planet also, and with free shipping. CStactical has a good price as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MP15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could also check with Scott @ libertyoptics. Drop him a PM. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greentimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway has the Bushnell FFP Mildot for $369 right now. That's a great deal on a great spotter. I've done side-by-side tests with $1200 mil-dot spotters and the Bushnell was noticeably better. </div></div>

This is what I have and I was quite surprised by it. The HD glass is very clear and the adjustments are smooth; overall the spotter is put together very well.

You will only notice a loss in clarity at high magnification at long distances, but unless you want to spent ALOT more on a spotter, this will be the case anyways.

My only complaint is that the stand that was included is not very good.

ETA - Looking for an opticsplanet coupon code for the spotter. I think I found one that was 12% or some random percentage discount when I ordered mine. It also qualifies for free shipping.