• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SPR / DMR Scope Mount Suggestions

Bully

Private, in so many ways...
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2014
NJ
I'm in the middle of putting together a semi-Gucci SPR/DMR inspired rifle.
Billet upper and lower with 20" barrel and 17.25" handguard.
I will have a Leupold VX5HD 3-15 x 44 on top.

I'm in need of a mount for the rifle. I'd love a 20moa mount but realistically a 0moa will work. I want strong but don't need "grunt proof".
I don't need a SPUHR and don't want a UTG to put it in perspective.

Recommendations?

Reactions: JS8588
LaRue, ADM or Geissele.

Availability of anything will likely be the biggest issue.

On LaRue, I ordered one of their mounts a couple of weeks ago and received notice that it just shipped out yesterday, so availability isn't too bad ... at least by LaRue standards. :)

Reactions: drewthebrave
In no particular order, I have had good luck with LaRue QD, ADM QD, and Warne standard mounts. Warne is is my go-to budget pick for a solid 20MOA mount.

Look at the Seekins MXM (available in 30 or 34mm, 1.5”/Cant/20moa). I have been very pleased with them on various AR’s. Out of stock is an issue. I run a make that “you don’t need, model 4616” on an 18” SP10 308 and it is perfect in every way for the use. Best of luck with your build!

I think one thing to keep in mind is how much of the top rail do you want to use for your mount. I think most scopes need a cantilever mount. For my rifle, I also wanted to have the option for an offset 45deg red dot. I had the ADM Delta mount. It was solid but took up all of the receiver. I got the ADM Recon but then couldn’t see my turrets. I looked hard at Seekins and others but their cantilever mount took up more rail. I decided to go with nightforce. I still have rail behind it for my Red dot. Its solid. I pack my rifle and do comps. I also hunt with it. And I’d say my rifle is Gucci. You may want to look at the Nightforce mount.

Reactions: JLTX
In this vein of thought... if both a unimount and two piece rings will work with available eye relief, is one inherently better than the other?

On a non monolithic AR15 setup yes. Large frame maybe. Depends. Long scope yes. Most would recommend the way of the one piece. I would recommend the way of the one piece. There’s always exceptions however.

Reactions: SBRSarge
You have a ton of options. How much are you looking to spend?

ADM makes a good offset mount for under 200.00

In regards to my one piece v two piece question, to clarify, I can get both of the two piece rings on the upper receiver itself.

I like the ARC QD-L.
Since switching to these, they are hard to beat. ARC makes the best rings on the market and its not even close. Their mounts are very well built and easy to torque as well.

Condition One Badger if you need to hang a bunch of doodadds off it.

ADM is hot garbage in comparison. So is Larue and the other shit that was obsolete a decade ago.

Reactions: black max
You have a ton of options. How much are you looking to spend?

ADM makes a good offset mount for under 200.00
I'm looking at sub 300 if possible.
I won't be hanging anything off the scope. It's a long-ish range fun gun. I'm very non-operator.

Badger Condition One if you like having a hard dick.

LaRue if you like looking at any ugly brick with weird vertically split rings so you can be filled with regret.

I have both options, but regret and a hard dick don't go well together so I keep those two separate from each other.

• Haha
Reactions: FishinGuns
Wasn’t too long ago on the Hide it was more or less established there may be some scope issues if you use vertically split rings. Like some of the ADM’s for example.

The way Larue mounts lock down to the rail just drives me insane.

Bolt on is just as repeatable as QD if you use the same torque. They’re lighter and simpler, with less stuff to fail. Badger, NF, Seekins, as long as has a recoil lug you’re all good.

Hard to beat the Geissele, they pop up used all the time sub 300. Like so many things its hard to find a new one right now.

Badger Condition One if you like having a hard dick.

LaRue if you like looking at any ugly brick with weird vertically split rings so you can be filled with regret.

I have both options, but regret and a hard dick don't go well together so I keep those two separate from each other.

Regret is needing a 20 MOA mount because your scope doesn't have enough internal elevation for your 500 yard gun.

Regret is needing a 20 MOA mount because your scope doesn't have enough internal elevation for your 500 yard gun.
Some quick math tells me, roughly, a 77gr SMK out of an 18" barrel 5.56 is going to be around 1,000yds before most scopes in a 0MOA mount run out of elevation.

Hard to beat the Geissele, they pop up used all the time sub 300. Like so many things its hard to find a new one right now.
Easy to beat them. They bring nothing unique to the table and are more expensive than just about everything not make in scandanavia.

I know you said less than 300 but...

You're using a pretty lightweight scope. I'd save up a little extra & get the Scalarworks mount. 5oz. If you're going Gucci...

I got a Condition One for an MRAD and an ADM Delta for a Mk20. I use the older Badger one pieces a lot too. ADM is fine IF you get the Delta, it doesn't have the funky split rings and at least with a SCAR platform, less shit to hang your thumb on charging it.

If that's not an issue then any of these will work but some of 'em like the Badger one piece are pretty heavy.

I think NF makes a decent lightweight one piece, don't they? They make a new one that's similar to the Condition One but it's not for sale to plebes.

You CAN use rings but you'd probably wanna mount 'em to a removable base vs. direct mounting 'em to an AR. Main reason is they're usually not long enough to fit without putting one on the handguard. But at that point you may as well have just gotten a one piece. And IMO, if you can use a one piece, use a one piece.

Will I need a cantilever mount?

Rings are so much easier...

Always get some cantilever. You can mount it further back if its not needed, but you can't stretch out a non cantilevered mount.

Any thoughts on the Griffin Armament SPRM?
Seems well built, sits a bit lower(which I like) and the price is solid.

griffin makes a good product and I like the mount better then the adm, but I have not used them. Do you have any extra rings at a 1.3 height that you can test on an ar?

I keep going taller and taller on my AR’s. I went to 1.70” on my AR-10 and I’m not opposed to a 1.93 at all. I like low on bolt guns but AR’s feel more natural with some height if you use it out of prone

griffin makes a good product and I like the mount better then the adm, but I have not used them. Do you have any extra rings at a 1.3 height that you can test on an ar?
I don't. All my rings are low.

This rifle will be shot from prone 90% of the time. The other 10% will be split from a bench and unsupported.
What can I say, I'm lazy.

Last edited:
If your near Pensacola I could help out.

Grabbed a Griffin Armament.
Price is bearable, seems functional and strong enough.

If I hate it I’d consider giving it away just so I can be a S.P.R.M. donor....