• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Spring Turkey 2014

SKYNET KC

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2013
It's less than 75 days away for Missouri, so it's worth starting an official thread! Anyone gonna go try and take some birds this year? Any new gear? What species of turkey do you hunt? What are you shooting?

We have a 400 acre farm in Central Missouri, hunt Eastern turkeys there. Just picked up this Remington 11-87 Sportsman Super Magnum ShurShot last September from Bass Pro for a PRETTY good price.

So who else is excited?

I'm in Pennsylvania and HELL YES I'm excited. I swapped out my front sight bead for fiber optic and got an x-xtra full turkey choke for my shotgun prepping for this season. I also picked up a TacOps Cobra hood that I'll be using (got it for coyote hunting, but those damn turkeys will get stealth killed too hahaha). Sweet shotgun you got there, btw. It's a beaut.

Illinois here. Can't wait to get back at it! Probably heading down to Missouri myself this year along with Illinois. I shot my first 2 turkeys last year in Nebraska. A Merriams and Rio. I need an Eastern fan on the wall now. I shoot a Mossberg 935.

I love turkey season and cannot wait. Kentucky is home for now, but will be hunting Texas and Nebraska this year. SBEII with a full Choke for me. One of these years I need to get down to Florida to put a tag on an osceola.

AZ spring turkey starts mid-April. I have a tag, and my 11 year old daughter has one too. Can't wait to get out and try for a spring gobbler.

My wife and I wil both be out for spring gobblers. We have rio grandes in our neck of the woods and we will be sporting archery equipment this year.

So I have an opportunity to do a eastern tour that coincides with turkey season. I'd like to start in GA and work my way north through the Carolina's and all the way up to NH, then start heading West all the way across to MN.

My question: Does anyone know of any solid resources to put this together? I'll need out of state archery tags in each state that I choose to hunt, plus suggestions as to where. I am hoping to cash in some connections in each state to help with the property/locale but I also appreciate public hunting whenever I can.

Thoughts?

Start with the game and fish department for each state in which you intend to hunt.

I've got 70 acres here in VA, but I see turkeys every day on the property.
I know I have 5 mature gobblers and six healthy jakes.
I had a brood of 19 (shared between two hens) raise here last Summer.

xXW5Vug.jpg

DyvC9Ad.jpg

Iz6Rroh.jpg

T2OPCa3.jpg

It's less than 75 days away for Missouri, so it's worth starting an official thread! Anyone gonna go try and take some birds this year? Any new gear? What species of turkey do you hunt? What are you shooting?

We have a 400 acre farm in Central Missouri, hunt Eastern turkeys there. Just picked up this Remington 11-87 Sportsman Super Magnum ShurShot last September from Bass Pro for a PRETTY good price.

*snip*
So who else is excited?

I'm excited, just hope to not get poison ivy like I did last year.

Do you accept guests on your farm? ;)

Easterns, various places in SC, with a Mossberg 835, Knoxx specops stock, Burris FastFire II, 20" bbl honed and polished, Black Diamond choke, putting 205 #6 Hevi pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards.

Ryan

Hoping to. I live in Eastern PA, but can hunt in Central PA. I got rooked out of Turkey, Bear and Deer Seasons last fall, an am trying like hell to get in Coyote and Spring Gobbler this spring....
I bought a turkey barrel with extra-full choke for my Mossberg 500.