• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Springfield 4x14/40 government tactical scope

MacCoon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2018
www.precisionrifleseries.com
Springfield 4x14/40 government tactical scope. It’s a FFP w/ many features in the reticle. It has a built in level at the 6-OClock position.

I searched hard for a reticle description of the subject scope to no avail.

I’m hopeful someone has a paper version of the spec they can photo or maybe a digital image they can post. I’ll try to get a image thru the eyepiece with my phone and post in a follow up.

These were notoriously bad scopes, there were many mechanical failures. So much so SA dropped the line because the return rate was high. I do recall seeing one model being better than the other but I don't remember which one it was, that was almost 20 years ago. The reticle is very limiting too. If you don't already own the scope I would stay far away from it.

Last edited:
Yeah, better options than the Springfield Gov't scope.....unless you have your heart set on putting one on your M1A and want to brag to the guys on M14forum dot com. They seem to love that scope over there.

Yeah, better options than the Springfield Gov't scope.....unless you have your heart set on putting one on your M1A and want to brag to the guys on M14forum dot com. They seem to love that scope over there.

Yeah....the guys over there seem to love antiquated gear...Mk IVs, CLP and that scope...LOL

Springfield 4x14/40 government tactical scope. It’s a FFP w/ many features in the reticle. It has a built in level at the 6-OClock position.

I searched hard for a reticle description of the subject scope to no avail.

I’m hopeful someone has a paper version of the spec they can photo or maybe a digital image they can post. I’ll try to get a image thru the eyepiece with my phone and post in a follow up.
CE4B4B03-7425-44B2-A0B4-341DF4E27655.jpeg

I believe those brackets are for ranging. If a man sized silhouette fits inside one of those than the number next to it is the distance (or close to it). I could be wrong though.