• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Springfield Armory Scope ratings???

tomcat68

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
Paris, TN
Guys,

Give me a rundown on the quality of a Sprinfield Arm. lighted reticle scope. Are they a quality optic? Any advice or experience with them would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tomcat68

Re: Springfield Armory Scope ratings???

I wouldn't buy one. Watched my buddy's objective loosen up and almost fall off after 3 rounds on top of his M1A. Give your price range, use and specs you want and I am sure people here will help you find a scope that will fit your needs.

I have a rifle purchased on the way that included the Springfield scope. I was just wondering if they even made their own or tagged someone else's.

This is a topic that has been beaten up pretty good in the last several months. The general concensus is that they are not good scopes. I have had issues with them in the past and while they offer some "interesting" features, they are just prone to a variety of problems and suffer from below-average glass. SA is still warrantying them if you have problems with the scope, but for the money people seem to be willing to pay for them on eGay, etc., you may be better off to sell it outright and move on to a scope that will track true, have better glass and work when you need it to.

Here are a couple more recent SA Scope threads for your info:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1846992

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1796640

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1787009

I've heard about negative 10.
This is just from what people on here have talked about in the last few years.
Chad

When I bought my first M1A about 10 years ago there was a special offer from SA on their scopes. I dumped $350 into one only to find the Far East manufacture quality of it was sub-par to say the least. Don't waste your time - save up some more money and buy a quality optic that won't frustrate you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

Give me a rundown on the quality of a Sprinfield Arm. lighted reticle scope. Are they a quality optic? Any advice or experience with them would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tomcat68 </div></div>

I must be one of the lucky ones, as I've had a Gen 1 on an HK-91 since the early/mid '90s and it still works fine.

Chris

HK91A3a.jpg

I had one on my PSS for a while and it worked fine. The only issue was being confined to one bullet weight with their BDC reticle.

The main reason I asked the question is that the Springfield Scope resembles a Target Sports that I saw. I figured that Springfield probably contracted with another vendor for them. Looks like a candidate for another home and a scope upgrade in my future.

Tomcat68