• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Springfield Armory XD(M) Question

Mk4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2002
High Plains of Texas
Anybody out there shooting the "M" series having trouble finding holsters that fit? Appears to be slightly bigger than the standard XD, IMHO. Thoughts?

Re: Springfield Armory XD(M) Question

You need a holster that fits your gun exactly. Don't think that just because the XD and XD(m) have two letters in common that they're anything close to the same gun. They're not.

Order a nice Comp-Tac belt holster and be done with it.

So, you have run into the same problem?

I mentioned something to Blackhawk about the XD and XD(M) in regards to the Serpa and they said it was interchangeable.

They are not.

You should look at Raven. They make them for both the XD and XDM. I have several and they fit perfectly, hold the gun secure.

All of the following companies also make excellent offerings for the XD(m) in a variety of materials, carry positions, etc.:

Blade-tech
Galco
Safariland

Getting off topic, but.....

I just acquired a Safariland 6004 for my XD40 Tac 5" (not an "M" model) and it is waaay too snug. At first it would cause the slide to come back upon holstering. Numbers and label on the Safariland plastic package all correspond.

I've made several attempts to contact Safariland by email with no success.

Mk4..Did you loosen the tension adjusment ? It is the allen head screw just in front of the trigger guard. It has a piece of compressionable material inside the holster that expands to make a tighter or looser retention of the gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mk4..Did you loosen the tension adjusment ? It is the allen head screw just in front of the trigger guard. It has a piece of compressionable material inside the holster that expands to make a tighter or looser retention of the gun. </div></div>

Yeah, it's completely loose.

I am afraid I can't help you on the tightness issue with your XD40 Tactical. I have a 6004 for an XD45 Tactical with an X300 light attached and while it is tight, it is not so tight as to cause any problems when properly adjusted.

I'd get ahold of Safariland by phone...e-mail is never the best way to address issues/problems with a mfg's product (IMO).

Also, make sure you are reholstering with your thumb indexed on the striker/back of the slide pushing forward.

It does sound like it was mislabeled or not molded correctly. I have a 6305 (Level III) that I use with a Glock 20 / 21 and it retains the weapon perfectly. If I release the hood and trigger guard retention it slides out with very little resistance.

I've got a SL 6004 for a Sig 229 and it works flawlessly. Yep, agreed on contacting them directly, which is what I'm going to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does sound like it was mislabeled or not molded correctly. I have a 6305 (Level III) that I use with a Glock 20 / 21 and it retains the weapon perfectly. If I release the hood and trigger guard retention it slides out with very little resistance. </div></div>

Probably so.

Will contact them and get a shipping number and send this thing back. It's still in new condition with tags still on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also, make sure you are reholstering with your thumb indexed on the striker/back of the slide pushing forward. </div></div>

Not a bad idea if it was a minor problem during break-in but its bad enough that I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll just ship it back. Like it was mentioned, it could have been a molding problem, or such.

i use a galco summer comfort iwb holster for carry and bladetech holsters for competition. they both work great.

i think the blade tech may be sold under the 5.11 brand. their relatively cheap and come with a paddle and belt holster. im not sure if your using the latest "m" or the old one. Im using the original M. i dont know if they have changed the dimmensions.

I bought a Blackhawk CQC, either an XD or Glock model iirc, for my wife's XDM. It's the one like a Serpa, but without the retention button. The fit was loose, I heated one part up a little with a heat gun and molded it closer, and it works perfectly. Don't remember now where I altered it, but it was very minor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also, make sure you are reholstering with your thumb indexed on the striker/back of the slide pushing forward. </div></div>

This is very unsafe. If the firearm discharges somehow, you may suffer a broken thumb, or worse.

You should never place your hands anywhere near a firearm in a place where it'd be injured if something unexpected happens. This includes sweeping yourself and/or putting any part of your hand behind the slide of a loaded handgun.