• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Springfield Armory XDs .45 -Photo intense

jamesbern

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
CT
3e4ee595.jpg

Just picked mine up tonight after thinking about it overnight. It was between this and an M&P Shield 9mm. Since I already had the PPS I felt the XDs was one I had to try. To carry such a small .45 Auto is great! I've ordered my HarWell holster from his store on Ebay. I'm impressed so far just handling it. Really looking forward to getting some ammo through it at some point this week. Few things I like so far:

-Very close in size to my PPS 9mm.
-Weight feels slightly less than the PPS.
-Trigger pull and reset is much better right out of the box than the PPS.
-Love the Fiber optic front sight.
-7 Round factory mags available.

I ordered two 7 round mags from Joe Bob Outfitters which for members of Snipers Hide are offering 5% off your order if you use the coupon code "snipe".

While the included mags are only 5 round, I feel your averge EDC'r will find that just fine. Now with the 7 round mags available it's basically like carrying a smaller, lighter, 1911 with not as nice of a trigger.

The trigger is MUCH better than I expected! I think i'd go as far to say it has a better reset than factory Glock triggers. Pull is about the same, with the XDs being a bit less gritty.

After reading a bunch of reviews and handling it yesterday I knew I needed to add one to the safe. I've loved my PPS since I bought it and it has been 100% flawless for me. As soon as I saw the XDs I lusted after one. Just happened to check out a shop and they had one in the case. I've never been a huge fan of the XD lineup, but after actually looking at the XDs I was impressed. If it shoots as nice as it looks and feels then it is most definitely a winner!

e9770de2.jpg

efcd2755.jpg

097a85c7.jpg

2848ae88.jpg

d52d1996.jpg

055836b0.jpg

8c94adba.jpg

1d00501c.jpg

cf02932c.jpg

Re: Springfield Armory XDs .45 -Photo intense

These have caught my attention, it's not just a downsized XD.

It's a downsized, glock-ized XD.

Note the external extractor.

Also, I'm not sure I could tell ANY difference in the trigger between the XDs and a Glock.

Damn, pictures speak a thousand words. Great photography. I was able to compare a Shield next to the XDs and they were pretty much the same size with the XDs being a tiny bit bigger. I had no idea the PPS was so small relative to the XDs plus it has a light rail which the Shield doesn't. I need to reconsider the Shield now.

Those pictures are very nice. I have an XD45 also, however it is the 4" version and has 10 rd magazines. I like the way XDs fit my hands. Also have a XD9

Great write up. I used my XDs last week to qualify for my enhanced conceal carry. 25 shots from 3 yd to 15 yds. We fired qualifying rounds after dark with a spotlight on the targets. I had 5 of 25 shots out of the 10 ring basically shooting instinctive . This is a fine little weapon. I still like my STI and Kimber an awful lot but this is really a fine handgun. Felt recoil is no different than my 4" Kimber. I just got my crossbreed holster and when fat butt looses some weight I'll be able to get it in my pants!

Are you sure it is smaller than a 1911?

i just shot a XDs for the first time yesterday and my big mitt is just to large for that pistol. Slide Bite every time.

those are great comparison pics. i've been kicking it around if i'm gonna wait for the xds in .40 but i'm growing impatient by the day, since i've been waiting three years for springfield to make something like this.