• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Springfield Champion 1911 .45acp Brazilian made???

CT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2002
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
In the market for a Springfield 1911 .45acp and was looking at a couple of used stainless Champion models, which brings me to the real question:

What's the difference in a Springfield 1911 .45acp made in Brazil and one made here on our soil?

All info/data/input is appreciated.

Re: Springfield Champion 1911 .45acp Brazilian made???

Typically you have a better chance of better fitment from a NM serial numbered 1911 then the Brazilian made N marked serial number.

I would not hesitate to own either, but when I look for one I wait till I find a NM marked frame. I just like the idea of the frame and final fitment being done in the USA.

Colts and Springfield Armories are all that I own . The SAs have forged receivers , and SA honors the warranty - no matter how many times it gets sold ... Brazil does world-class machine-work , and some of it does get assembled here ...

There is currently a thread about the nm an n prefix sa's on arfcom right now. All of their frames with exception to some possible phantom mfg here in the states are done in brazil. The nm frames come in as 80% frames. Not much difference other than those pesky made in brazil marks. If you want a nm prefix put out wtb ad for one.