• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Springfield EMP in 9, thoughts?

PRScustom

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2011
Considering getting one for my carry gun. Have held it and it fits my hand nice for being rather small and I like have a 9mm for carry. Just wondering what people who actually own one think. Is it accurate? Shoot easily? Easy to conceal compared to similar weapons? Pro/Cons? Thanks.

I own one and have carried it for five years or so. It is always my go to for carry whether in the summer or winter. It is very easy to conceal. I use a milt sparks vm2 holster. I have put close to 8k rounds through it at the range and it is accurate if I do my part. It runs great and it is very reliable. I use federal 124gr hst rounds and they work great. But one thing I regret about the purchase is I wish I would have bought it in .40 instead. Not much heavier and you don't give up very many rounds in the mag either. Maybe one of these days I will pick up the .40 so my 9mm will get a brother.

Last edited:
i had one in .40 and hated shooting it and loved carrying it. i shot a 9mm version after i had had lots of custom work done to it. i sold it and bough a 9mm a few days ago.

its way lighter than the .40 version, now i just wish SACS would do ion bond on aluminum

Bought one for my wife in 9mm. I did the break in and had about 3 FTE in the first 100 rounds. I have over 500 rounds through it now and it is flawless. Accurate and easy to conceal. Perfect gun for my wife as her go to gun for everyday CCW since she loves the 1911 but is not up for a .40 or .45 ACP. Only switches to her SIG P238 when she needs something a wee bit smaller for concealment (depending what she is wearing).

Sounds like its a winner. I will be going 9mm as I don't like the sharp uptick of a .40's recoil.

I have one but haven't shot it much, I bought it for the wife trying to get her to shoot and she is scared of it. I have shot it some but I like my 5" 1911's, it shoots good and never had an issue with it. i plan on doing a trigger job and shooting it more since my other 1911 is getting work done. It will be my concealed carry gun once it passes in Illinois.

It is an awesome gun. Accuracy is phenomenal. I have the 9mm version. It has little muzzle flip, but not bad. Had a buddy make me a customiwb kydex holster. Carry it all the time. Can't even see it let alone feel it.

I can't speak on the SA EMP, but I carry a Colt new agent with night sights. It disappears in a proper holster. I carry mine in a IWB belt slide holster, and its comfy as all hell. For being a 3" 1911 its every bit as accurate as I can be. That being said, the 1911 trigger does need some getting used to. Imho, I would stay away from a 40 in that small of a gun. Just a little too snappy for me. You'll be happy with it. Good luck.

I've got the .40 version and like it. It is a tad on the heavy side for carry but I just cinch the belt down a little more. I've considered selling it and getting the 9mm version. I love the pistol but it is quite a handful to shoot such a small .40 caliber pistol.

I was going to get a .40 but wanted the wife to shoot it some, sounds like it's a good thing I didn't. I did a trigger job on mine the other day, polished all the internals and changed out the leaf spring but didn't get it as light as I wanted so I have to have my 1911 smith fine tune it. I'm planning on setting mine around 4 pounds, it was a strong 6.5 pounds before I started according to the scale and could only get it down to 5.

I would love to shoot a .40 EMP despite what some folks are saying here regarding muzzle flip. In addition to my 1911 in .45 ACP which is my EDC, sometimes I like to carry my Glock 27 .40 depending on the day of the week. LOL. Anyway, I enjoy shooting it and feel it is very controllable and accurate. I think the EMP couldn't be any worse than the G27 so if anyone wants to let me shoot their EMP in .40 it would be greatly appreciated. As I said before my wife has the 9mm and I love it.

My wife carries her 9mm EMP that I bought her a little while back most of the time with the occasional Colt Rail. She is a 1911 fanatic and is the one that talked me into the 1911 line. Anyways, her EMP I broke it in with Winchester 115 FMJ and now practice with either Nosler 124 HP or Montana Gold 124 HP. Accuracy is very good for short little pistol and I think over feel in your hand is almost natural. My only gripes is that I feel that there are a lot of rough edges on the pistol and that SA could of done better job with that. My only other gripe is having the little plastic piece that controls the guide rod during disassembly is easy to lose.

Beyond that, easy to conceal, great shooter and fits well. For defensive loads it does like the xtp.