• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield M1a muzzle break threading

Hubbard

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2008
Colleyville, TX
I have searched several places and have been unable to find what the threading is on the new springfield m1a rifles. They list the muzzle break as being proprietary, and I can't find info on it. Does anyone know if the threading is 5/8 x 24tpi? I am wondering for the purposes of attaching a can.

Thanks for your time.

Hubb

Re: Springfield M1a muzzle break threading

the flash hider is part of the front sight base. the barrel is threaded but its some weird thread.check out delta p designs. they make a front sight base that is threaded for a can and has a 5/8x24 end on it. ill be getting one for my new EBR Scout when my sandstorm gets approved.

Thanks for the info. I am rather new to the m1a market, so I'll have to look up the parts schematic.

SEI's (DC) Vortex® Flash Hider fits standard threads and it serves as a very secure interface for the attachment of a DC sound suppressor.

07-01-10007.jpg

We also have an adaptor you can purchase in 5/8 24 for use with a suppressor. it will replace your current flash hider and utilizes the castle nut. for more info, feel free to call the shop