• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors springfield xdm

balls2elwall

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
Tampa, FL
just ordered the new springfield xdm from my local gun shop. i got it chambered in 9mm for the sake of ammo cost because i compete in idpa. has anyone else had one of these and could point me in the right direction for accessories?

Re: springfield xdm

All I did to mine 2900 rounds ago was add a grip tape kit and replace the standard sights for night sights.

Soon I plan to get a stormlake threaded barrel and another grip kit though, because my current set are worn.

16 bore yea that was the first place i looked but not alot for the xd(m) just the xd.... adician thanks for the experienced advice im definitely looking into grip tape almost right away and night sights im not sure about i may get tru glos for competition ord thanks so much thats exactly what i was looking for.

Also check Powder River Precision for a lot of XD and XDM parts. If you intend to dry fire a lot, PRP's striker retainer pin set might be a good idea, as the OEM pins have been known to break and/or work loose in weapons that are dry fired a great deal.

I sent in my 45 XD to Springer for the Combat Carry trigger job (4.5-5.5 lbs I think), extended mag release, TruGlo TFO's, internal polishing of the feed ramp and slide and I think thats about it. She shoots better than I am, I really like the gun a lot.

just got my xdm today after a little bit of trouble with ups. everything looks great. although i had to work all day today i cleaned off all the packing and assembly grease, after all it is from croatia.... tomorrow im taking it to a local range for break in and constant cleaning. so far i can already tell im going to want a new holster, mag holsters, magazines, and grip tape for competing. the trigger pull seem proficient but tomorrow will let me know for sure. ill keep yall posted.

how much did it cost to have the trigger job done and how long did it take between shipping back and forth as well as actual gunsmithing time.??

I just did a great trigger job to a friends XD45. Now the firearm that he loves all except the trigger is just a firearm he loves. No more creep, no more overtravel and just a clean 3.5lb trigger.

I was able to get the parts at my cost for about $90.00

i appreciate the offer but sadly i think it will be awhile before i do a trigger job i need to develop my trigger finger as is

After 1000 rounds or so the trigger comes in to its own. It's the only firearm I have ever owned that needed to be broken in. It really wont need a trigger job in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: balls2elwall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i appreciate the offer but sadly i think it will be awhile before i do a trigger job i need to develop my trigger finger as is
</div></div>

A trigger job can definitely help you on your way to becoming a better shot, a horrible stock trigger doesnt help at all. The mods I have done to my XD def made a difference.

sorry its taken me awhile to give a proper range report.
well ive taken it to the shooting range only twice so far and my first impression is that it shoots great. i was shooting 115gr winchester usa factory ammo, after about fifty round i already noticed the groups getting smaller as i become more comfortable with the feel and try different interchangable grips.
i finally decided on the small grips even though i have fairly large hands it fits well with my agressive forward shooting style. i did finnally take it to an idpa practice it performed great, even surpassing some of the more expensive custom rigs of others and definitely out performing the smith and wesson m&p's. overall im really happy with the groups and the match grade barrel. my only gripe is with the stock sights those will soon be changed out for some target style front and rears.