• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SPRM² - Scope Mount Installation Tutorial

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Official Sniper's Hide account of Griffin Armament
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
SPRM² - Scope Mount Installation Tutorial

Evan goes over a product unboxing and a mount installation tutorial from the new Superior Precision Rifle Modular Mount products

Visit our website to view all available SKUs, pricing info, and purchasing

Griffin Armament SPRM² Products

When naming products or kids, it's a really good idea to remember many parts of a typical males brain are fully evolved in about middle school.

93E0A868-29C6-4806-BE3C-C51FD7E84C74.gif

I found this like two minutes after he posted it, I just didn’t know what to say.

They are talking about installing sperm. Do you have better ideas?

Why would you place the screws so you cant reach them from above while mounted? I will never understand that.

You took the mount off to do it. Thats what people are complaining about having to do.

I guess I'm not seeing why that is an issue with some folks.

Its not that complicated of an install procedure, but if something isn't clear from the tutorial video, please let me know and I'll see what we can do to better explain the concept.

-Sam

I guess we arent seeing why putting the screws where they are accessible is an issue. Literally every other mount does it. Thats why people keep harping on it. It creates an issue where one did not exist prior. Seems like a massive oversight to the rest of us.

I guess we arent seeing why putting the screws where they are accessible is an issue. Literally every other mount does it. Thats why people keep harping on it. It creates an issue where one did not exist prior. Seems like a massive oversight to the rest of us.

No one has designed a mount like this before, the dual plane split ring design is an original concept... ?

Like I said in an earlier reply, the install procedure and concept is demonstrated pretty clearly in the tutorial video. Its not that difficult, its just different. Its different because the product is different. 5 sided (10 total) accessory mounting interfaces don't exist in ant other optic mount product currently available. if you follow the mounting instructions, you will not have any issues accessing any of the fasteners when you need to access them.

-Sam

• Haha
Reactions: Skunkworx
If you actually mount one, you get to see how simple it really is. Totally easy. Nothing extraordinary. It's funny to see people preconceive issues with stuff they don't have experience with. I get the paranoia, but watch the video. That's Evan's second time ever mounting one. It was his first take in the video- he didn't mount it twice for the video, and the other time he had ever mounted one was weeks prior.

I guess I'm not seeing why that is an issue with some folks.

Its not that complicated of an install procedure, but if something isn't clear from the tutorial video, please let me know and I'll see what we can do to better explain the concept.

-Sam
The issue is having to take the mount off again after leveling the scope. That’s extra work compared to any other mount. I’m lazy and won’t buy one of your mounts, despite the name, because of that extra work.

do people square/level/plumb bob their scopes to the scope mount or to the receiver/rail?

-Sam
I just like to torque the screws down crosswise, so I there is no uneven pressure on the ring segments, that is why I like to have them all accesible from the top. It just saves you one step. Also if for some reason I have to tighten them on the range, it is more convenient to do it on the spot.

If you actually mount one, you get to see how simple it really is. Totally easy. Nothing extraordinary. It's funny to see people preconceive issues with stuff they don't have experience with. I get the paranoia, but watch the video. That's Evan's second time ever mounting one. It was his first take in the video- he didn't mount it twice for the video, and the other time he had ever mounted one was weeks prior.
I don't think it's a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of being different for the sake of being different. Does having to remove the mount from the rifle to access the screws on the underside provide any measurable benefit to the end user? If not, why would I want to do it? Just to be different? If there is some benefit here, let us know.. sell it.

Otherwise, it's looking to me like if I wanted to verify my torque settings are all good prior to heading to a match, I would have to take off the scope and then rezero. For what, to save a few bucks up front that I will eventually eat up in extra zero'ing rounds every time I check torque? Not to mention turning a 30 second operation into a 3 minute operation.. weren't you the one saying something about $4000 an hour a few days ago?

Reactions: Chasing3 and hic28
I appreciate the ingenuity of doing something different by placing the screws essentially on the underside of the mount, but I can't understand why anyone would do that. It creates an unnecessary inconvenience to the user. If I level my reticle to my receiver rail, I don't want to have to fight my rifle and scope mount to tighten screws while on the gun.

SPRM? How drunk was the fella who named this?