• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sps-varmint

Re: sps-varmint

DSCI06542.jpg

H&S Stock
Weaver Pic. 20moa base
TPS Low Rings
Vortex PST 4-16 Mrad FFP
Harris Bipod
Atlasworx Bottom Metal
Eagle Stock Pack
KRG Bolt Knob (not seen)
Krylon

here is my stick i bought a week ago. i painted it the next day lol

have yet to do much with it since i cant order 2 things i want ATM, one is because the shop is at SHOT and other is out of stock in midway

002-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EB-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like that paint,what load you shooting
</div></div>

I'm working up a load, probably gonna be something around 43 grains of varget pushing a 175 smk.

Here´s mine sps-varmint with Bell&Carlson stock and Redfiel revolution scope 4-12x40accurange.
Remari%252520700.jpg

Photo0015.jpg

That´s how it shoot. 100meter/5shot

What height of rings do you guys run with a 50mm lens? I'm looking into getting the SPS-V and swapping out the stock.

From what I've seen they run around $560ish online for the SPS-V.

i have no idea what height mine are they came with the gun but from the looks at least a medium. i am currently in the market for mk4's prob in high but not sure yet

Here's mine. Started life as a Rem 700ADL Sportsmans Warehouse special. Junked the POS "Remington" scope and mounts, put on a 20 MOA Warne base and Nightforce scope for my first tactical match. Stock is junk, trigger was actually OK, barrel was good for about 3 shots, then was way off.
2011-10-27_17-03-06_154.jpg

Sent it to Chad Dixon @ LongRifles Inc for some love. Rock Creek M40 contour, 11.25 twist, 308 caliber barrel finished at 22", Ceracoted in FDE, PTG Bolt with M-16 extractor, threaded barrel for comp/suppressor. Fitted in an HS Precision stock with CDI bottom metal (all machining for DBM done by Jeff at CDI). Put in an older model Rem trigger adjusted to 2.25 pounds. I had the barrel chambered for factory 308 FGMM 175 grain SMK so I would not have to chase the lands and crap. Just grab factory match and go to work. Makes reloading a cake-walk.
2011-12-09_18-44-37_474.jpg

2011-12-09_18-45-17_502.jpg

This is the average group out of the rifle. 5 shots at 100.
2011-12-21_21-19-10_614.jpg

Largest group I have shot to date is .85" at 100.

I have been doing some stock swaps lately, here she is back in her M40 config. I was gonna chop to 24, but since I have an SPS-T there really is no reason to keep em both short. I think it does pretty fine, considering my scope is from the late 1960's.

39852d1301802566-sps-m40-clone-any-one-else-make-one-dsc03363-800x376-.jpg

img2012012200317.jpg

By roggom at 2012-01-23

I have medium TPS rings with a NightForce 20-MOA base on my 700BDL-V w/50mm Vortex Viper PST.

Edit: as long as we're putting up targets for bragging rights:

Id change the title to something diffrent you would get more viewers

New

IMG_0619.jpg

Before

IMG_0765.jpg

Paint

IMG_0998.jpg

At 220 Yards

IMG_0720.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What height of rings do you guys run with a 50mm lens? I'm looking into getting the SPS-V and swapping out the stock.

From what I've seen they run around $560ish online for the SPS-V. </div></div>

you can see mine above i have a EGW base and 1.25 rings, i think their considered medimum

Hunt4life: Is that the AICS 2.0 with a SS 5-20x50 on it?

What height are those rings?

Cowboy: thanks for the information, I have a quick disconnect bobro mount and I'm figuring out if I could use it or if it would be too high...(its for an AR so its >1.5")

They are High Rings, which were too high for the Varmint Contour but the new barrel is an MTU and I would not go any shorter.

Matters less than ever with movable sheek rests.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunt4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are High Rings, which were too high for the Varmint Contour but the new barrel is an MTU and I would not go any shorter.

Matters less than ever with movable sheek rests. </div></div>

Sorry I don't know what MTU is, but yes I understand that a movable cheek rest will eliminate any ring height issues. This is good because I don't have to buy another QD to switch between my AR and a rifle with an adjustable cheek rest.

What scope was on the green stock and is that a SS 5-20x50 on the AICS 2.0 chassis?

MTU is a really heavy contour barrel, mine is 1in at the muzzle.

10x Millet on the first version and yes a SS 5x20 on the AI 2.0.

I had no issues with the millet and it will go on my .223 SPS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunt4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MTU is a really heavy contour barrel, mine is 1in at the muzzle.

10x Millet on the first version and yes a SS 5x20 on the AI 2.0.

I had no issues with the millet and it will go on my .223 SPS. </div></div>

Thanks for answering my questions, I will be going the AI 2.0 route sometime after I purchase my SPS-V.

Does the AI 2.0 come with a detachable magazine or did you have to purchase it separately? Isn't the originally a SPV-V a blind feed magazine?

AICS come with the Drop Metal and 1 mag buy from MILE HIGH SHOOTING they give hide members a discount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AICS come with the Drop Metal and 1 mag buy from MILE HIGH SHOOTING they give hide members a discount </div></div>

Thank you very much for the recommendation, I PMed them about it.

Where can I buy a trigger guard and a magazine my sps-varmint? Midwayusa? Here in Finlad they are really expensive. Thanks for help.

Here is an SPS V dropped into an AX chassis. Obviously it's still a work in progress but I'll get it there soon. Sorry for the cruddy pics.

2rdb0o2.jpg

0127120922.jpg

downsized_0126121348.jpg

24" Barrel
Old Style triger at 2.5lbs
B&C M40 stock
Bushy Elite 5-15x40
15 MOA 2 piece base

TJ

Here's my SPS Varmint. The 1st pic, it was in a 5R takeoff stock with Ken Farrell rings & base, a Rifle Basix trigger & a Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical. The 2nd pic, it's in a HTR takeoff stock. It's been like that for a while. I'm pretty happy with the HTR stock.
gunpics042-1.jpg

VictoriaHaileyshooting004-1.jpg

HS precision stock, krg bolt knob, weaver tactical 3-15x50
Gun now has 20 MOA LH EGW base and burris xtreme tactical low scope rings and harris 6-9 bipod

P1300166.jpg

P1300165.jpg

Hornady 168gr. Factory Match ammo. Top left group is hornady 168 zombie-max (aka a-max)

remysps2-23-12.jpg

My Rem started as an ADL .308 varmint with 26" barrel. uploadfromtaptalk1412867022443.jpg

Not it has been converted to a BDL with eBay bottom metal.
Renagade stock
Timney trigger
Just put a Bushnell elite tactical 6-24X50 on it the other day. Haven't shot it with the new scope yet but will this weekend.
uploadfromtaptalk1412867188445.jpg