• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr ISMS with Vortex Razor HD Gen II?

Maverick124

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2018
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 scope with a Spuhr SP-4001 mount. I'm seeing now on some sites that the Spuhr ISMS won't work with the parallax knob on the Razor scope...anyone have a method to overcome this to level the scope using Spuhr's system?

I just purchased a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 scope with a Spuhr SP-4001 mount. I'm seeing now on some sites that the Spuhr ISMS won't work with the parallax knob on the Razor scope...anyone have a method to overcome this to level the scope using Spuhr's system?
Once you have the mount and scope in hand, you'll see that you can still do it. Just have to turn the parallax and windage knobs so the knurling doesn't interfere with the leveling tool.

Hey everyone,

What you find out?
This specific spuhr mount is compatible with vortex razor hd 2 ?
Thanks

The mount will work. The leveling wedge may need to be modified. Not a big deal. Once you have it in hand you will see where you need to file or grind the wedge fo clear the knob.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Resurrecting this dead thread but it's for a good reason I promise. :)

I ran across this thread after searching on the same problem. I agree that it's possible to turn the parallax knob just right but I was still a little paranoid that it was making contact and potentially messing things up.

I have a 3D printer so I made a stubbier version of the wedge that doesn't interfere with the parallax knob. I put a hole in the wide side so you can loop a cord or something through to help pull it out when you're done. I used it tonight and while I haven't verified it with a plumb line the reticle looks dead-on to me.

I've attached the model in case anyone encounters this issue in the future and runs across this thread like I did. Because of the way I built it, it may default to printing on its edge but I would recommend "laying it flat" to print.

Attachments

• Wedge v3.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 66
You don't really have to use that wedge.
Or use a different wedge like the Arisaka one.
Or other methods.