• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr mount for AR 15.

johndeitz

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
BFE Montana
I’m going to mount an ATACR 4-16 42 F1 on an AR 15. I’m decided on a Spuhr mount. SP 4006 height 1.35 non cantilever. Or SP 4016 height 1.5 cantilever. I would prefer the 4006 to swap to a bolt gun but don’t think I can get the eye relief. Anyone running either of these on an ar? My ar is a Wilson combat with Magpul PRS stock so I will have LOP adjustment. I just didn’t want to have to mount partly on the forward portion of the rail since it is not a true one piece. Thanks guys.

Spuhr ring caps are fat and the mounting length is about as long as the pic rail of an AR-15 upper. There isn't much wiggle room IMO and I went with a cantilevered one for my AR last time.

Ok. That’s what I figured. I was hoping to get double duty out of it but oh well. Cantilevered it is.... overall are you happy with it? I’ve only ever used NF mounts.

Spuhr mounts are nice, but I no longer own any. They're expensive and provide functionality I don't need, e.g. mounting accessories to the scope cap. My AR-15 will be getting a Badger and separate level when I get my ATACR 4-16x42. If RRS made a cantilever, I'd be getting that though they have no plans for that as of now.