• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spuhr Mounts??

beb0541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
South Florida
Simple question - are they worth the money? I figure your spending ~$2500 or more for a top tier scope that's not going to do much if it is is not mounted properly. Any feedback or photos would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Clark

I run Spuhr mounts on a few rifles, but not all. I was recently looking for a mount for a DTA and wanted a one piece mount with 40 moa of cant, figured I would be installing a level as well, the Spuhr had all the features I was looking for. I also use Spuhr mounts on dovetail setups like the TRGs, I like the direct interface. The Spuhr mounts fit the bill for those setups and I could justify the cost. Most quality rings out there will get the job done, it really boils down to the application. Are they worth the price? I think they are when you consider the cost of most rifle and optics setups we run, but I don't run them on everything.

ime, there are plenty of lower cost rings that will hold zero just as well. i've had good luck with seekins, talley, vortex, badger and others. The reason I got a spuhr mount was to attach an IR illuminator and IR laser to the scope. the Illuminator works fine hung off an EFR mount, but the laser will not hold a zero because of the flex in the forearm of the stock. (literally, loading the bipod will cause the EFR attached laser to move more than 1 mil relative to the crosshairs in the scope.)

the integral bubble level is cool, but a $12 b-square level attached to the rail works a little better for me (i'm left handed).
the angled leveling piece is pretty dang handy, but a cheap set of feeler gauges work too.

I like the Spuhr mounts and if you don't mind spending the $$$ they are well built. There are cheaper mounts out there though if you are concerned about price though.

They are good but dont forget people like buying whats in and different. Job gets done with mounts that are much cheaper.

I have one on my DTA, do I think it's a very nice mount, yes. To be honest though, I think I'd have been just as happy with a set of Seekins rings at 1/3 the cost.

image.jpg
Also have one on my .308 LWRC Repr. They are fantastic quality. Machining is really good.

I have 2 of them. I love them. Easy to add things like lasers, red dots. And the integrated bubble level is awesome. I have full confidence in the ability in keeping zero.