• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr Sniper / Marksman Sight Mount Review

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Spuhr Sniper / Marksman Sight Mount</span>

spuhrmnt-588x390.jpg

Sniper's Hide was excited to get a first look at the new Spuhr Sniper sight mount, a great new one piece mount for your tactical rifle.

Here are the spec's for the mount:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Specification</span>

Rail interface Picatinny rail, Accuracy International dovetail,
    Sako TRG dovetail and Sig Sauer SSG 3000 rail
    Ring diameter 30 mm or 34 mm
    Weight 200-250 gram
    Material 7075 Aluminium, screws are in Stainless steel
    Dimension Length depending on model of sight
    Tilt 20 MOA, 30 MOA or customer specified
    Height Customer specified depending on the NV or
    Thermal clip on system that is used

<span style="font-style: italic">Mounting platforms available:</span>
    Accuracy International Dovetail
    SAKO TRG Dovetail
    Sig Sauer 3000
    Picatinney Rail

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here is our Video Review </span>

<object id="objVeeplePlayer" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="640" height="416" align="middle"><param name="width" value="640"/><param name="height" value="416"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.veeple.com/swf/VeeplePlayer.swf?siteId=5GLGxNj8HEg%253D&videoId=50e80898-046d-4325-92ab-c7d2794a60c8&userId=&baseUrl=http://www.veeple.com/&showSpots=1&showViewBar=1&showTabBar=1&mute=0&spotScaleMode=maintainAspectRatio&autoPlay=0&allowAddComments=1&allowShare=1&allowEmbedding=1&allowFullscreen=1&allowRating=1&stopPlayingOnInteractiveClick=1&displayRelatedVideos=0&showWorm=0&showLogo=0&logoIcon=1&whiteLabel=1&showTabClickableObjects=1&showTabDetails=1&showTabComments=1&playerMode=player&playerWidth=640&playerHeight=416&isFlex=0&recordEvents=1&deploymentUrl=http://www.snipershide.com"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"/><param name="menu" value="false"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><embed id="embVeeplePlayer" src="http://www.veeple.com/swf/VeeplePlayer.swf?siteId=5GLGxNj8HEg%253D&videoId=50e80898-046d-4325-92ab-c7d2794a60c8&userId=&baseUrl=http://www.veeple.com/&showSpots=1&showViewBar=1&showTabBar=1&mute=0&spotScaleMode=maintainAspectRatio&autoPlay=0&allowAddComments=1&allowShare=1&allowEmbedding=1&allowFullscreen=1&allowRating=1&stopPlayingOnInteractiveClick=1&displayRelatedVideos=0&showWorm=0&showLogo=0&logoIcon=1&whiteLabel=1&showTabClickableObjects=1&showTabDetails=1&showTabComments=1&playerMode=player&playerWidth=640&playerHeight=416&isFlex=0&recordEvents=1&deploymentUrl=http://www.snipershide.com" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="640" height="416" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" menu="false" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><noembed><h1>Spuhr Sniper / Marksman Mount </h1>

Spuhr, Zeiss, S&B, Mount, Tactical, POF </p>Veeple Interactive Video</noembed></embed></object>

This mount is super versatile, with the ability to mount anything from a Angle Cosine indicator to a Laser designator and / or Red Dot Sight
    35062_468375824407_680984407_6493148_8226160_n-588x369.jpg

img4abd0d5d64c23-588x448.jpg

This mount will be available in the USA via TNVC as they will be making an announcement regarding the sale of this mount shortly.

For more details visit:

http://www.spuhr.com/

http://tnvc.com/home.html

Re: Spuhr Sniper / Marksman Sight Mount Review

Damn, you can bolt a shit ton of stuff to that mount.

Wow, that thing has all the bases covered! Pretty neat! I really like the bubble level in the mount.

Wow...just scored an AW and probably dropping coin on a Hens. Why not go ALL IN and get this too. Wonder how long until they become avail.?

Love it, don't know if I'm going to be able to resist getting one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cacodor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow...just scored an AW and probably dropping coin on a Hens. Why not go ALL IN and get this too. Wonder how long until they become avail.? </div></div>

Do it, just replaced my AI 45 MOA mount for a Spuhr-mount and its the perfect match;

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

Wow, I'm really impressed with this mount. The integrated bubble level and scope leveling system are nice features.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuffm4615</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are these going to cost? </div></div>

LL "Monday... TNVC will be making an announcement on SH."

I believe there was a thread on this mount during the design phase a few months back... Price was mentioned/speculated but it could have changed.

I like the fact that it has built in tilt and that you can get custom tilt built in, i dont remember if they mentioned that during the design phase.

Looks good... especially considering im in the market for a 1 piece mounting system with built in tilt.
    smile.gif

Cazorp-

Do you find that it offers you anything that your stock AI dovetail mount did not? I ask because I am in a similar position, and have never doubted my AI mount, nor has it ever failed me. The convenience of mounting looks like a nice feature, as is the built in level, and I would certainly be leaning this way if I did not already have the AI mount. That being said, I'm not sure that it is worth purchasing while already owning the AI mount, and would be interested to hear your view on the subject. I should note that the pic rails are very cool but not of use to me.

Thanks,

-Bob

Unless you need the additional features from the new mount or a custom height / tilt or whatever... they both do the same thing... Mount the scope to your rifle.

But the CDI Factor is high with this one !

Hopefully when my scope comes in and I figure out how much cant/height i need production/import times wont be too great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cazorp-

Do you find that it offers you anything that your stock AI dovetail mount did not? I ask because I am in a similar position, and have never doubted my AI mount, nor has it ever failed me. The convenience of mounting looks like a nice feature, as is the built in level, and I would certainly be leaning this way if I did not already have the AI mount. That being said, I'm not sure that it is worth purchasing while already owning the AI mount, and would be interested to hear your view on the subject. I should note that the pic rails are very cool but not of use to me.

Thanks,

-Bob </div></div>

Bob, actually I did hesitate for a while, questioned if I really needed it as you say. The final reason for me to buy the Spuhr-mount was the fact that I had a hard time to read the dials on my SuB 5-25, and it irritates me that its so hard to read windage and elevation with the original mount, and you need to yank and jerk your head to really see the arrow that indicates where your zero is. And since the original mount has a level bubble I thought this would be a good addition for me in order to ensure that I don't tilt the rifle.

That was before I received the mount. Now that I have it mounted I haven't looked back for a second, the reliability to have 6 screws holding onto my scope and the tightness of the mount onto the dovetail and the ease to read a true zero for elev/windage just makes me alot more comfortable with knowing I've made the right adjustment and that I wont risk ending up with a mount that moves, doesn't grip the scope etc. Basically this is what AI should have designed in the first place since this mount is very much alike the rest of the rifle.

Well it looks like I've found the perfeck mount to make the marriage between my GAP .338 when it gets delivered and my S&B. Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm an a leg!

I wanna clearify this with customtilts and heights.

Yes We can make anything when it comes to heights and tilts, as the mounts it fully machined and not extruded.
    But it requires that at least 10 mounts are ordered at the same time, and there will likely be a higher price as well, as well as a longer deliverytime.

Håkan

Nice looking piece of gear. Just by looking at the pics it doesnt leave much room to move your scope forwards or backwards. That front ring could be a 4 screw and still work but allow for more movement...but that would get in the way of the pic rails that you mount so bag that idea...disregard

I like the 45 degree cut though...makes sense and does open up your view of the dials.

Sir, you said a minimum of ten units would have to be ordered. would having the base made with ZERO cant be a custom job...some of us with Surgeon actions already have 20MOA built into our actions?

Respectfully,

--KJ

Yes for us that already have 20 MOA in our bases, will a 0 MOA be a custom or a standard option?

Are they going to provide these in 30mm also or just 34mm?

Im betting they are going to be around a $250-$350 price range.
    Hopefully cheaper!

They look extremely tough and will definetly have to get one of these.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking piece of gear. Just by looking at the pics it doesnt leave much room to move your scope forwards or backwards. That front ring could be a 4 screw and still work but allow for more movement...but that would get in the way of the pic rails that you mount so bag that idea...disregard

I like the 45 degree cut though...makes sense and does open up your view of the dials.

Sir, you said a minimum of ten units would have to be ordered. would having the base made with ZERO cant be a custom job...some of us with Surgeon actions already have 20MOA built into our actions?

Respectfully,

--KJ

</div></div>

Good question, I've got a Badger M2008 with 20 MOA CANT built in, ZERO cant would be good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are they going to provide these in 30mm also or just 34mm?

Im betting they are going to be around a $250-$350 price range.
    Hopefully cheaper!

They look extremely tough and will definetly have to get one of these. </div></div>

Doubt itll be cheaper, Hakan told me the 2 piece set when it is ready will be 220 euros, Im thinking the unimounts will be a little more....

I dont think 220 euros or a little more then that is that bad, think about it, you get a set of badass rings, with a level, and a rail....
    220 euros= 283.8374 USD

a set of badger rings runs around 180-200$, a us optics level is what, 100$? and a rail mount for the badger rings is another 60+$....
    Thats 350 USD...

Hi

0 MOA cant is standard, so that is no problem.
    They both comes in 30 and 34mm for Picatinny heights 1,2 and 1,5"
    Also in both 30 and 34 for TRG, AI and Sauer.

Ring lenght is 32mm and 3 screws, that gives rooms for interface surfaces and exeptionally sturdy mount.
    A 2 screw solution with make a standard mount without any interface possibilitys.

Price is 393 dollars for the unimounts.
    Picatinny railparts, ACI mounts, spacers are at additinal cost.

Håkan

Wow. Beautiful work Hakan. What is the weight of the 1.2 and 1.5 unimounts?

Around 250grams
    I will try to take the weight down, but stability is more important than weight.

Håkan

well at $393 plus I guess im out. Time for the original plan of nightforce unimount for $247.

As soon as I decide which scope I'm getting, I am buying one of these..... Yeah Baby Life is Good....