• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spuhr, ZCO, now A419 mounts

Does some one know the reason, what cause the Spuhr top ring to get broken?
I have had Spuhr mounts, never had issue with mine´s, but have heard this.

As far as I know, some people have had issues with the clamping bars cracking, not the rings.

IMG_3848.jpeg
IMG_3851.jpeg
IMG_3852.jpeg
IMG_3853.jpeg

I just purchased the new "low" diving board for the 419 mount I'll let you know how it works out and if issues are resolved.

I just purchased the new "low" diving board for the 419 mount I'll let you know how it works out and if issues are resolved.
Thanks for mentioning that, I looked it up and they updated their listing with the "low" option and new photographs.

Reactions: Islas82
Just got the new short diving board for the Area 419 mount. It’s a definite improvement on my set up as it allows me to grab the entire turret and dial freely unlike the high version. For my new S&B 6-36 users you will still have an issue with the turret lever on the lock position as the diving board still obstructs operation on this setting. It’s not really an issue for me since I never really lock my turret but if this is important to you and you need fast access to your lever to unlock I suggest you look at different options.

Attachments

• IMG_6029.jpeg
    IMG_6029.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6030.jpeg
    IMG_6030.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: carbonbased
The C1 MAX still has enough room to actuate the lever across all positions with the CLIF diving boards, though if you got sausage fingers you might not like it.

Reactions: Islas82
Why are y’all using Raptar mounts / “diving boards !”?

A hand hold ?

I fell like 1% of ppl with them actually have a raptar / Mars / radius / etc

A hand hold ?

Garmin or Vortex Impact 4K because RAPTAR/MARS are for rich people.

A hand hold ?

I use mine mostly as a hand-hold. Even though I don't run my support-hand on it when shooting like some guys do, IMO it's still nice to have a spot I feel less bad about mashing down on (rather than using the scope bell) when mashing/sawing the rifle into a bag when building a position (especially on the clock).

I also used to use the rail to mount a red dot, which for me was sort of "training wheels" used to help get better with target acquisition (I no longer need/use a dot, ditched it in favor of more hand-hold/mashing real estate).

Plus/besides, if I ever really need one, like if zombies ever come, I'll already be GTG for a rail-mount LRF...

Reactions: Taylorbok
Anyone with a gray ops have the torque spec handy? I discarded the packaging and can’t find it.

Those of you running the A419 mount, how are you liking it?* Return to zero when removed/replaced and torqued?

*[Besides the rail issue that was discussed earlier]

I’m lookin to snag a ZCO in the next week or two and figured I’d give them a try. Been running NF and BO on personal rifles since 2008 and was planning on going BO again…until I noticed the A419.

They make good stuff so I figured why not.

Those of you running the A419 mount, how are you liking it?* Return to zero when removed/replaced and torqued?

I’m lookin to snag a ZCO in the next week or two and figured I’d give them a try. Been running NF and BO on personal rifles since 2008 and was planning on going BO again…until I noticed the A419.

another to consider is the ZCO block mount.

I was using one on my S&B but decided to go with Hawkins rings for lower height. I like it a lot and the rail issue it resolved by buying the new short rail.

I just purchased another one in 36mm for a ZCO as well. Should be here next week and can give you some feedback then.

The Area 419 doesn’t do anything better than the BO C1 but it is cheaper after accessorizing so I would go 419 all day. The ZCO block mount although it’s a nice mount it’s too expensive imo.

Reactions: M8541Reaper