• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Squeeze Bore

roostercogburn98

Fudd gun collector extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2010
So I have been reading up on this, and while it isn’t a new concept there isn’t a ton out there. Iffin I seached correctly here, there was one thread that talked about it some, but from my understanding was mostly air rifle talk.

Has anyone played with and are playing with a squeeze bore rifle in 22 rimfire. The concept seems simple as to where you have a 22 caliber round that gets “squeezed” down to 20 caliber as it travels out of the barrel.

-Supposedly it helps gain some velocity.
-Supposedly even shortish barrels start to catch up to longer barrels
-Supposedly it improves BC with the projectile slimming down and stretching out
-Supposedly it increases pressures, as to how much and how much of an impact on rifle/brass I haven’t seen much on YET

There is a company that currently offers these barrels for a 10/22, but was wondering if a bolt gun like the CZ457 would be better suited for any higher pressure related to this. I’d love to hear your input if you have done this or are doing this now.

Look up Lilja tight bore barrels. They did some down in .21 range for a while and may still offer them. They did ok not great but ok. I can only speak for br experience, but the best barrels being shot right now are taper lapped to create choke at the exit. This doesn't mean squeezing the shit out of the bullet just a gradual taper. The less damage done to the bullet by the rifling the better chance the bullet has of bucking the wind. Just my experience with the tight bore theory.
Following the discussions of 20 years or so ago on RFC, the one thing I don’t recall anyone bragging about was improved accuracy. I remember private messages with some experimenters who said the bore wasn’t a gradual taper, but more a tight swage still fairly near the chamber where pressures were still high. Leading wasn’t as big a concern as one might imagine.
I’ve inquired about this more recently with the advancements in improved bore tolerances, rifling styles, and far faster twist rates, and have wondered if this should be explored again.
I believe (I’d have to do a search) that there was at least one article in Precision Shooting or The Accurate Rifle about this as well.
roostercogburn98,
What is the company you mentioned that presently makes drop-ins for 10/22s ?

I don't know about "squeeze bores", but it is my understanding that some manufacturers have slightly undersize bores. According to what I've read on Rimfire Central some of the older CZ .22 rifles have slightly undersize bores.

I own a CZ452 LUX that will shoot much tighter groups than any of my Savage bolt action rifles or heavy barrel 10/22 rifles with a wider variety of ammunition. It is equipped with iron sights, so the scope sits a bit higher above the bore axis than I would like. It doesn't seem to affect my ability to shoot better groups with it though.

Following the discussions of 20 years or so ago on RFC, the one thing I don’t recall anyone bragging about was improved accuracy. I remember private messages with some experimenters who said the bore wasn’t a gradual taper, but more a tight swage still fairly near the chamber where pressures were still high. Leading wasn’t as big a concern as one might imagine.
I’ve inquired about this more recently with the advancements in improved bore tolerances, rifling styles, and far faster twist rates, and have wondered if this should be explored again.
I believe (I’d have to do a search) that there was at least one article in Precision Shooting or The Accurate Rifle about this as well.
roostercogburn98,
What is the company you mentioned that presently makes drop-ins for 10/22s ?
The company is called VSeven. The barrel is a squeeze and not a taper. It swages the bullet to a 20 caliber and elongates it some to my understanding. I believe you are correct it would benefit from a faster twist as the 10/22 barrel is a 1:10. I want to try it, but would be more interested in starting with aCZ457 I believe. I’ve had one of the VSeven barrels in my cart, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Reactions: obx22
I don't know about "squeeze bores", but it is my understanding that some manufacturers have slightly undersize bores. According to what I've read on Rimfire Central some of the older CZ .22 rifles have slightly undersize bores.

I own a CZ452 LUX that will shoot much tighter groups than any of my Savage bolt action rifles or heavy barrel 10/22 rifles with a wider variety of ammunition. It is equipped with iron sights, so the scope sits a bit higher above the bore axis than I would like. It doesn't seem to affect my ability to shoot better groups with it though.
The 20 cal concept is an actual squeeze, not like the Lija tight bore offering. The concept is far from new, and has roots in some old artillery shells I believe.

The CZ lineup of 22s has been know for tighter bore tolerances from my reading lately.

Reactions: obx22 and 1588
The 20 cal concept is an actual squeeze, not like the Lija tight bore offering. The concept is far from new, and has roots in some old artillery shells I believe.

The CZ lineup of 22s has been know for tighter bore tolerances from my reading lately.
Iirc there were .20, .19, .17, and even smaller caliber swagers, and I’d imagine a pure lead 40 grainer would stretch out quite long. Reason I didn’t try it back then was they recommended you only use hi velocity rounds.
As for the CZs, going back to the 452 series I remember folks mentioning getting their cleaning rods/jags stuck in those tight bores. Couldn’t argue with the accuracy 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: roostercogburn98
I had one Lilja titebore barrel.

Accuracy was fine to above average, but it was a temperamental asshole. As soon as it got dirty, you could see the flyers. But, you knew they were coming so I guess thats good.

Matt Emmons here at the Olympic Training Center had one on his Annie 2013 that he took to the 2004 olympics and did quite well.

Iirc there were .20, .19, .17, and even smaller caliber swagers, and I’d imagine a pure lead 40 grainer would stretch out quite long. Reason I didn’t try it back then was they recommended you only use hi velocity rounds.
As for the CZs, going back to the 452 series I remember folks mentioning getting their cleaning rods/jags stuck in those tight bores. Couldn’t argue with the accuracy 👍
Supposedly that was the ticket for the idea. It would take the lead projectile and smush it for lack of better terms. I think dropping it down to 20 cal would be sufficient for me, but welcome any comments from experience with going down further for sure. Thanks

I had one Lilja titebore barrel.

Accuracy was fine to above average, but it was a temperamental asshole. As soon as it got dirty, you could see the flyers. But, you knew they were coming so I guess thats good.

Matt Emmons here at the Olympic Training Center had one on his Annie 2013 that he took to the 2004 olympics and did quite well.
What kind of round count were you seeing before it needed to be cleaned? Just trying to compare it to a standard 22LR.

I remember an article decades ago about "extruder barrels", .22LR in, .17 out IIRC, but it was probably 30 years ago so I've retained nothing of value.

I remember an article decades ago about "extruder barrels", .22LR in, .17 out IIRC, but it was probably 30 years ago so I've retained nothing of value.
All good!

More info to look into, like what would be the optimal “squeeze”, or where do we start seeing negative results

CZ doesn't make it's bores any tighter than most other European firearms makers. Like most other European manufacturers, CZ makes its firearms to CIP specs. It's bores are no tighter than allowed by CIP.

Many North American made .22LR have more generous bore dimensions because they follow SAAMI specs.

Below is a CZ produced chart showing the difference between CIP and SAAMI. The sizes are shown in millimeters. The conversion to inches is shown.
5.38mm = 0.212"
5.58mm = 0.220"

5.51mm = 0.217"
5.64mm = 0.222"

The best shooting barrels don't squeeze the crap out of the bullet, it's not beneficial to accuarcy to reshape the bullet that much. Muller and the Shilen ratchet and couple of the benchmarks are considered mi. Minimally invasive rifling. Wich means they are just barely engraving the round with little deformation to just get the bullet spinning. The more you squeeze the bullet the more the rifling pattern will be imparted onto the round and will in turn catch more air as it travels down range. This will have much more drift than a bullet that has hardly any rifling imprints. That's why they fell out of vogue. The barrel we shoot today are the best they have ever been without a doubt. The scores reflect that.
But changing the bullets BC is what they claim makes it better. By stretching it and running a faster twist, that is the claim. I’m not completely sold on the idea, but it is intriguing enough to look into

@Turbo2

Not saying it is anything anywhere. I’m asking for input from people that have played with one.

You can tell me whatever you want. If it doesn’t include shootin a squeeze bore style, then it’s not what I want to hear anyway. Thanks for all your input and advice on buying one. I’m the kinda guy who likes to research some things, maybe try some, maybe say fuck it on some.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbo2
Most of the custom match rifles have some form of a choke at the muzzle where the bore is taper lapped and is a few thousands of an inch smaller at the muzzle when compared to the breech end of the bore. I have a Winchester 52D that was customized many years ago to be a Benchrest match rifle. It retains the lovely walnut stock but is fitted with a huge 1-1/4" diam Shilen Ratchet bull bbl. The gunsmith measured the bore and the muzzle was a fraction smaller than the breach end. By the way, it shoots as good as any rifle I have every handled. I recently acquired it from a former 5-time national champion BR shooter and am still adjusting it to my taste but am very pleased with it. The first ammo test produced 5-one hole groups using four different lots. All the groups had the holes overlapping and most were just a bit larger than 0.11 c-c or 8.5mm edge to edge. I am guessing on the group sizes. I did keep the tgt and will mic it and post pics later when I can. None of the groups are better than my best from the Annie 54 but the consistency over speed ranges and with both Eley and Lapua at the same time was stunning. Happy with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbo2
Swager barrels were flash in the pan back before 17hmr came out, CPC even made them. After 17hmr came out a swagger barrel wasn't appealing anymore. As I recall it used hyper velocity 22 swagger down at the chamber to 17. Accuracy wasn't the idea but the resulting 30gr 17cal projectile was smashing on game. I am going to have a 17mach2 barrel reamed out next month. It's an oddball concept now but that's right why I may like it.

I was working with a known custom barrel maker over a decade ago and the concept of a swage bore was attempted. No improvement was achieved and as previously mentioned, it was very temperamental day to day.

Swager barrels were flash in the pan back before 17hmr came out, CPC even made them. After 17hmr came out a swagger barrel wasn't appealing anymore. As I recall it used hyper velocity 22 swagger down at the chamber to 17. Accuracy wasn't the idea but the resulting 30gr 17cal projectile was smashing on game. I am going to have a 17mach2 barrel reamed out next month. It's an oddball concept now but that's right why I may like it.
I built a rifle on a CPC swager barrel. 17/22 swager with 1:8 PacNor barrel. It is a very fun gun to shoot. It is not an alternative to 17HMR. It is a different animal than a 17m2. But it is plenty accurate for squirrel hunting and will make headshots out to 75 yards, and stay in the vital zone past 100 yards. I built it in 2000, then a couple years ago kind of rebuilt it by shortening the barrel and having it bedded into a new stock as seen here. Action is BRNO. I have never seen any additional velocity. I have captured fired bullets and they do grow. Remington Yellowjacket 33gr. bullets stretch to .500 long. This does noticeable improve downrange velocities. Also, the rotational velocity of the bullets is very high from the 1:8 barrel (some people built guns with 1:7 twists) so bullet upset is very explosive on hydrostatic targets. Like I said, it is a fun gun. Mine wont' stabilize bullets heaver than 36grs. and is happier at 31-33grs. Federal 724 a 31gr. shoots very well in mine.

Attachments

• IMG_5015.jpg
    IMG_5015.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
So I have been reading up on this, and while it isn’t a new concept there isn’t a ton out there. Iffin I seached correctly here, there was one thread that talked about it some, but from my understanding was mostly air rifle talk.

Has anyone played with and are playing with a squeeze bore rifle in 22 rimfire. The concept seems simple as to where you have a 22 caliber round that gets “squeezed” down to 20 caliber as it travels out of the barrel.

-Supposedly it helps gain some velocity.
-Supposedly even shortish barrels start to catch up to longer barrels
-Supposedly it improves BC with the projectile slimming down and stretching out
-Supposedly it increases pressures, as to how much and how much of an impact on rifle/brass I haven’t seen much on YET

There is a company that currently offers these barrels for a 10/22, but was wondering if a bolt gun like the CZ457 would be better suited for any higher pressure related to this. I’d love to hear your input if you have done this or are doing this now.
Who is offering these barrels for the 10/22 platform?

Who is offering these barrels for the 10/22 platform?

They have a 16" as well

They have a 16" as well
Interesting. If they offer a 17/22 with 1:7 twist in a 16-inch threaded barrel and factory Ruger carbine profile, I will buy one immediately. They are missing the boat by marketing the barrel as a precision target barrel. The swager concept makes for good hunting and varminting guns; field/carrying rifles.

Last edited:
I built a rifle on a CPC swager barrel. 17/22 swager with 1:8 PacNor barrel. It is a very fun gun to shoot. It is not an alternative to 17HMR. It is a different animal than a 17m2. But it is plenty accurate for squirrel hunting and will make headshots out to 75 yards, and stay in the vital zone past 100 yards. I built it in 2000, then a couple years ago kind of rebuilt it by shortening the barrel and having it bedded into a new stock as seen here. Action is BRNO. I have never seen any additional velocity. I have captured fired bullets and they do grow. Remington Yellowjacket 33gr. bullets stretch to .500 long. This does noticeable improve downrange velocities. Also, the rotational velocity of the bullets is very high from the 1:8 barrel (some people built guns with 1:7 twists) so bullet upset is very explosive on hydrostatic targets. Like I said, it is a fun gun. Mine wont' stabilize bullets heaver than 36grs. and is happier at 31-33grs. Federal 724 a 31gr. shoots very well in mine.
That’s a sharp rifle. Have you posted it on here before somewhere? It just looks familiar from my bouncing around the rimfire threads.

Iffin I understand you, it is a very viable setup for hunting, with no real improvement on velocity.

My next question is, does it mitigate or slow down the flyers known in rimfire ammo? Seems like it swagging down on a consistent basis like this would help even out the issues with 22 projectiles. What’s your take on that.

When you shortened what was the change? I'm a fan of shorter barrels and I have a 22" now and would like it if I could expect same results from a 16.5. I also plan to thread it and run a suppressor

They have a 16" as well
Thanks. I just may get one of those also for my PWS Summit

Thanks. I just may get one of those also for my PWS Summit
That’s my issue. I don’t want to put one on a 25 year old bone stock ruger 10/22. Iffin I had a nicer semi auto setup I’d have ordered one already

That’s a sharp rifle. Have you posted it on here before somewhere? It just looks familiar from my bouncing around the rimfire threads.

Iffin I understand you, it is a very viable setup for hunting, with no real improvement on velocity.

My next question is, does it mitigate or slow down the flyers known in rimfire ammo? Seems like it swagging down on a consistent basis like this would help even out the issues with 22 projectiles. What’s your take on that.
Yes, I have posted it here. you can search for all my posts.
If I understand your question, the accuracy potential is ammunition limited like most 22lr guns. You will still have flyers. This is why it is a hunting setup and not a PRS or benchrest setup. The swaging does not eliminate flyers. Whether it reduces the severity of flyers I have no way to test.

When you shortened what was the change? I'm a fan of shorter barrels and I have a 22" now and would like it if I could expect same results from a 16.5. I also plan to thread it and run a suppressor
The barrel was originally 24 inches. I had to spray moly the bullets to prevent leading in the last few inches of barrel because the wax lube was inadequate to lubricate that much bore. I built special gigs for this task.
Now, at 17 inches, I do no have to moly spray the bullets and I do not get leading in the bore.

Last edited:
Most of the custom match rifles have some form of a choke at the muzzle where the bore is taper lapped and is a few thousands of an inch smaller at the muzzle when compared to the breech end of the bore.

Taper lapped custom match barrels usually have a choke of one to three ten-thousands (.0001" to .0003"), not thousands (.001" to .003"). Non-tapered bores from premium barrel makers like Krieger are guaranteed (and airgaged) to be within one ten-thousanth (.0001").

Reactions: obx22 and todde
The barrel was originally 24 inches. I had to spray moly the bullets to prevent leading in the last few inches of barrel because the wax lube was inadequate to lubricate that much bore. I built special gigs for this task.
Now, at 17 inches, I do no have to moly spray the bullets and I do not get leading in the bore.
That very interesting. Do you think shortening made it loose any velocity or accurate consistency?

That very interesting. Do you think shortening made it loose any velocity or accurate consistency?
Shortening did not impact velocities in any meaningful way. Perhaps a slight increase in speed. Accuracy improved because the gun no longer throws wild flyers due to a bullet streaking lead in the bore. Also a handier rig now. It was a significant improvement.

They are hard to find information on, but what you are asking about is a Mylar Extruder. They were experimented with 17 up to 21 cal, with a 22lr chamber.

I know people with them, and know who has the original reamers, and one of every barrel.

They are temperamental, and no more "explodey" on critters than hollow points.

Great idea, but the ammo technology is not set to work while being extruded out of a barrel.

I'm probably wrong; but don't most Anschutz rifles have that on the end of the barrel? I've got a 1907 and a buddy has 3 MSR's. They all have about a 2 -3 inch thicker piece of barrel at the end. Isn't the theory or science that the extra material around the end of the bore will keep the bore tight?

Isn't that why for years they didn't have a threaded barrel option?

Again I may be wrong and always am open to education.

@deadly0311 I believe you work or are associated with Anschutz. Can you add anything? Thanks

My understanding is this. Anschutz barrels are profiled first, then rifled.

Having the excess material on the end, when they button rifled them, the steel would squeeze a touch more at the muzzle, and create a sort of rifled choke. During one of the Olympic games years ago they said they left the barrel at full diameter to attach front sights, as they claimed braze welding (sweating) on front sights caused accuracy issues and alignment issues.

Took a few years for people to work out they were telling porkie-pies and tricked everyone.

No idea if the story is true, but it sounds like something Germans would do.

So, assessing the experiences of others, what have we for accumulated knowledge thus far?

Swager tech hasn’t been explored in the publics eye in 18 years.

Those who have them report varied results.

Like some current .22LR ELR thought, there is likely a “golden ratio” of caliber and bore length for best accuracy and minimal surface stripping of the slug.

That “golden ratio” of bore size and length will likely have to factor in twist rates.

Some of the recent twists used in experimental long range rimfire, ie. Less than 7 Twist, have yet to be explored and may have a better chance of stabilizing a 40gr slug.

If that 3-way “golden ratio” is determined, then the chambering race will be on.

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:
Shortening did not impact velocities in any meaningful way. Perhaps a slight increase in speed. Accuracy improved because the gun no longer throws wild flyers due to a bullet streaking lead in the bore. Also a handier rig now. It was a significant improvement.
Sir, you mentioned lead streaking near the muzzle. Was this with those same plated/copper washed hyper velocity rounds 28-33gr rounds or pure lead 38-40+gr ?

Sir, you mentioned lead streaking near the muzzle. Was this with those same plated/copper washed hyper velocity rounds 28-33gr rounds or pure lead 38-40+gr ?
with the 24-inch barrel, I saw leading with all ammunition unless I coated the bullets with moly spray. At 17 inches, the barrel no longer shows leading and moly coating bullets is not needed. I plan to test the Federal Punch ammunition today. Should be interesting.

So, assessing the experiences of others, what have we for accumulated knowledge thus far?

Swager tech hasn’t been explored in the publics eye in 18 years.

Those who have them report varied results.

Like some current thought, there is likely a “golden ratio” of caliber and bore length for best accuracy and minimal surface stripping of the slug.

That “golden ratio” of bore size and length will likely have to factor in twist rates.

Some of the recent twists used in experimental long range rimfire, ie. Less than 7 Twist, have yet to be explored and may have a better chance of stabilizing a 40gr slug.

If that 3-way “golden ratio” is determined, then the chambering race will be on.

Am I missing anything?
I think available factory offerings make the swager route impractical for nearly everyone. If you want top match accuracy, gain twist barrels work for some with premium match ammunition. But that is a different formula than swager tech. If you want to hunt small edible game, then the 17m2 is a plug and play solution that works extremely well with plenty of platform on which to build a custom rifle if so desired. If you want a convenient varminting rig, then 17HMR or the larger 17 rimfire (can't recall the name offhand), are, again, easy off-the-shelf solutions.
Swagers are for tinkerers, like me, who love to have something unique. They are not necessarily better at anything than the products the manufacturers are currently offering. But they are effective, plenty accurate for hunting and, if set up correctly regarding barrel length, bore size and twist rate, they offer a certain versatility in ammunition that the factory 17s do not offer.

A bit more data for everyone. These are pictures of recovered bullets fired from my 17/22 Swager. The short bullets are 29-grain high velocity hollowpoints. You can see the three 17-caliber bullets fired from the swager are longer than the 22-caliber bullet fired from a standard 22lr barrel.
the longer bullets are 33-gr. Remington Yellowjackets fired from my Swager. None are pristine, but even slightly banged up, they are longer than .500 of an inch. I don't currently have a recovered or pulled 22lr bullet for comparison but I have measured them and they are significantly shorter than the swaged bullets. This proves the higher BC claims. The claims of greater rotational velocity are merely a matter of mathematics.

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 58
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 61
I shot the rifle today and took some velocity readings with the Magnetospeed. Folks asked about speeds so here is some data for you on that point. These are 10-shot strings for each ammunition.
New style Armscor Precision 36gr. HVHP -- 1085/1041/1045/1054/1035/1065/1032/1003/1062/1042/Ave=1046/SD=22.1
CCI Mini Mag 36gr. HVHP -- 1177/1192/1146/1185/1184/1175/1170/1153/1193/1197/Ave=1177/SD=17.1
Federal Punch 29gr. FP -- 1517/1554/1537/1547/1582/1550/1575/1547/1560/1563/Ave=1553/SD=18.5
Rem. Viper 36gr. TC -- 1202/1259/1265/1231/1235/1228/1198/1248/1261/1240/Ave=1236/SD=23.1
Rem. Yellowjacket TCHP -- 1334/1359/1342/1409/1378/1411/1404/1366/1389/1380/Ave=1377/SD=27.0
Lots you can take away from these numbers but let me give some visuals also. Just some groups so you can see what the rifle can do.
left row top Mini Mag. Left row bottom Armscor. Right row top Yellowjackets. Right row middle Vipers. Right row bottom Punch.
It is no match rifle, but it will put meat in the pot or varmints in the dirt. All groups are 10-shots at 50 yards from an improvised benchrest indoors. The benches are not designed properly for target shooting so there is no way to stabilize the buttstock on the bench. It is floating in the air with only your hand and shoulder as support. This definitely negatively impacts groups. Still, you get a good idea. Groups may be a little larger than they would be from a proper bench but not too far off.
Barrel = PacNor
Stock = KKC of Norway
Scope = USO TS 3-12x

Attachments

• image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    799.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 46
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    564.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
+1 for hat.

Are you allowed to shoot prone on the ground ? Possibly an option ?
yes but I am too lazy for that, hehe. I am a member at a very good outdoor range where we have all manner of facilities, including dedicated benchrest facilities. But it was too cold and foggy for that today, and I didn't want to drive all the way out there.

I'm probably wrong; but don't most Anschutz rifles have that on the end of the barrel? I've got a 1907 and a buddy has 3 MSR's. They all have about a 2 -3 inch thicker piece of barrel at the end. Isn't the theory or science that the extra material around the end of the bore will keep the bore tight?

Isn't that why for years they didn't have a threaded barrel option?

Again I may be wrong and always am open to education.

@deadly0311 I believe you work or are associated with Anschutz. Can you add anything? Thanks
It’s more along the lines of what ing said. The muzzle flair does act as somewhat of a choke, but not to the extent that most make it out to be

Removing material from the outside of a barrel opens up the inside diameter. (Even after stress relief.) This is the reason why many BR shooters will not fit muzzle brakes, and why some gunsmiths have developed different ways to thread barrels (like 3/4" threads and recessed crowns), and why barrel fluting should not include the last 3" or so of the barrel. This is also likely why "muzzle weighted barrels" are generally considered to be excellent shooters (mine's a shooter).

I shot the rifle today and took some velocity readings with the Magnetospeed. Folks asked about speeds so here is some data for you on that point. These are 10-shot strings for each ammunition.
New style Armscor Precision 36gr. HVHP -- 1085/1041/1045/1054/1035/1065/1032/1003/1062/1042/Ave=1046/SD=22.1
CCI Mini Mag 36gr. HVHP -- 1177/1192/1146/1185/1184/1175/1170/1153/1193/1197/Ave=1177/SD=17.1
Federal Punch 29gr. FP -- 1517/1554/1537/1547/1582/1550/1575/1547/1560/1563/Ave=1553/SD=18.5
Rem. Viper 36gr. TC -- 1202/1259/1265/1231/1235/1228/1198/1248/1261/1240/Ave=1236/SD=23.1
Rem. Yellowjacket TCHP -- 1334/1359/1342/1409/1378/1411/1404/1366/1389/1380/Ave=1377/SD=27.0
Lots you can take away from these numbers but let me give some visuals also. Just some groups so you can see what the rifle can do.
left row top Mini Mag. Left row bottom Armscor. Right row top Yellowjackets. Right row middle Vipers. Right row bottom Punch.
It is no match rifle, but it will put meat in the pot or varmints in the dirt. All groups are 10-shots at 50 yards from an improvised benchrest indoors. The benches are not designed properly for target shooting so there is no way to stabilize the buttstock on the bench. It is floating in the air with only your hand and shoulder as support. This definitely negatively impacts groups. Still, you get a good idea. Groups may be a little larger than they would be from a proper bench but not too far off.
Barrel = PacNor
Stock = KKC of Norway
Scope = USO TS 3-12x
Nice! Thanks for some real-time data. Looks to me like the vertical stringing is somewhat less than with standard 22 bore rifles. Maybe I’m imagining it, but compared to what others have posted on ammo testing there seems to be less.

Nice! Thanks for some real-time data. Looks to me like the vertical stringing is somewhat less than with standard 22 bore rifles. Maybe I’m imagining it, but compared to what others have posted on ammo testing there seems to be less.
Due to the small sample size and the poor stability of the setup I was using, I don't think you can draw that conclusion from these groups. Anecdotal and entertaining, and reference material is about all I can claim for those groups. I can go back out and do a more thorough test off a stable shooting bench at some point. Headed out of state tmw morning so that will have to wait.