• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Squrriels '09........

7mmRM

Minuteman
Jul 2, 2004
Celestine, Indiana
Its that time of year. Our season started the 15th of this month. I got 3 this weekend. A total of 10 for the hunting party. Which is pretty bad.

So I went to my Honey Hole this morning. Zipped 5 (which is the limit) in about an hour. I seen a shit ton more.....Im off Thursday
wink.gif
I love hunting squrriels, and love eating them more!

Rifle is a 17HMR.
PDOG09116.jpg

Re: Squrriels '09........

That is a darn good time right there! Nice work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i like hunting them more than deer. </div></div>

Same here!

We don't have a season here, that I'm aware of, I wish we did. I noticed this evening that they are eating my apples. Hmmm the .308 maybe a little loud and maybe over kill!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Suzuki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What scope do you have on your rifle? </div></div>

Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Mildot.

Thunderstorms at daybreak. Then it cleared up, but was windy as hell. I went anyway... Found a single gray. Single shot with the 22LR. I picked him up and said the hell with it. I will say that the Remington Yellow Jackets HPs did a number on him!

yeah I would appreciate a recipe as well. We have always just lightly flowered and black peppered them.

Deep fry 'em, Squrriel and dumplings, or crockpot with barbeque.
We sometimes take the fried ones and dump them in hot sauce. We call 'em hot rats!

I usually skin them, drop them in a sweet white wine, rub'm down with some chicken seasoning and throw'm on the grill.

Our season don't open till beginning of october here. I'll agree that the only thing better than squirrel hunting is running hogs with the cur dogs....

in response to:TIPEMOVER - how do you cook em?

mostly squirrel recipe thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...139#Post1088139

does anyone hunt fox squirrels? i've been thinking about going on a fox squirrel hunt, i have to drive about 150 miles to where they start showing up, as my immediate area just has gray and red.

are they worth the drive and motel $?

That second one from the right looks to have some strange coloring. Is that just blood or does he have a black back?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That second one from the right looks to have some strange coloring. Is that just blood or does he have a black back? </div></div>

Blood!

Between 4 of us we got another 6 yesterday... We are starting to get a good pile of them.

Squirrel is the first fall hunting season to open up here in CT on September 1 every year. It's been a tradition with some buddies and me to go out that day every year just to finally be hunting something again. Always a great time and feels good to walk the woods with a rifle.

I'll meet you all back at the truck in the A.M. drinking my breakfast! Foot sucks and it's gonna be way to late by the time I get my ass back to God's country. I'll see if I can bring some more eggs and sausage and ice em down for the victory gathering! Hearts and livers anyone?

Can't beat those quick "limit" hunts! I love hunting small game and the eating afterwards is the best part!

I've been getting a few lately. They are all over around here, running everywhere. I think squirrel tastes great, but my wife is not as big a fan as I am. I only kill a couple at a time since I'm the only one eating them.

our squirrel season starts saturday.. got my .22 and my shotty ready.. hoping to bag the 6/day limit

I don't know anybody who hunts them here in Oregon. It's a shame as our Grey are twice the size of the ones In illinois where I grew up. I always thought that squirrel hunting was like " snipe hunting" you know the sack and the whistle at night kind of deal. I think it's neat that people really do it and seem to look forward to it. Look a little too much like a ground squirrel for my taste. This is just a hoot! I can't believe I thought it was a joke all these years. Jeff