• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SR-25 build - First 308 AR

Nice, I'm assuming your upper isn't complete yet?

Nope haven't heard anything from Ayan since I sent it in. Monday will be 11 days since it was delivered so ill follow up to get an update. Looking forward to getting it complete soon. I'm sure he's busy.

My attempt at an ECC clone built with a registered 80% lower here in CT
I used a jp 20" barrel and choped it to 16" to get the rifle length gas system

Looks great! Can't wait for my upper. I spoke to Ayan and he is just super busy so hopefully it won't be much longer.

While I wait, I just received a nice surprise in the mail.

Got my Recon mount in today.

I also decided that since it's almost finished how I want it, I should just order the rest of the parts.

Atlas BT10 bipod w/ LaRue LT271 QD mount
BFG Vickers Padded QD Sling
KAC Receiver Ambidextrous Sling Mount
Magpul ACS stock
Geissele SSA-E Trigger

Now it's a waiting game for the upper and rest of the parts to arrive.

Got my SSA-E trigger in tonight and my BFG Sling. First up the trigger like Marc said you need to shave off some of the material as shown above. I didn't make a notch for the spring though. I function checked it multiple times and it is beautiful. Night and day difference between a stock trigger. Can't wait to actually shoot it.

My sling came in as well and I installed and staked the KAC QD receiver plate too. Upper should be here Thursday and then it's just a matter of installing everything and hitting the range hopefully this weekend.

Also got my ACS stock in and put it on. I like it much better than the Sopmod on the 308.

I also ordered my steel plate setup and cut and drilled the legs and crossbar. There will be a 10" Gong and a 7"x11.5" target hung together. Both are 1/2" AR500 steel. First time shooting steel with a rifle. I figured once the rifle is zeroed it'd be better than having to keep walking to replace targets.

Last edited:
Well it's been two months, but it's finally, almost complete. Only thing missing is the KAC 45 degree offset sights that are on their way to me. It came out beautifully. Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks.

Nice work! Awesome build!

I'm jealous of that magazine. :(

Don't be. It's pinned to be 10rd. I wanted the look of the 20rd and this was my option. About $30 per mag but its done really well. Found a company online that sells them.

Thank you guys! Ran it this morning. 60 rounds and it shot flawlessly. Zeroed at 100 for now and then played on some steel. Looking forward to tweaking zero slightly and then shooting out further this week.

Let the guy next to me take two shots and then I follow up with the third.

Sr-25 shooting steel - YouTube

I made the mistake of going into the LGS to show them the rifle.....first suppressor here I come. Now to get the sign off and the wait :)

Wanted something with more magnification so I got the PST mounted to the SR-25. Looks slightly high, but it actually is perfect. Also got to toss my can on for the photo since I still have a long time to wait for the paperwork.