• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR-25 ECC

Re: SR-25 ECC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lj_1187</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will say this, KAC has responded to more emails in the past two hours then 7 months worth of emails to LaRue.

KAC's working with me, hopefully we can get something together. In my book, customer service is very important. +1 KAC</div></div>

A big reason why I won't buy anymore larue stuff without getting into it. I have been very impressed with KAC customer service. </div></div>

I have no comments on Larue or other companies since I've never had issues thus far. I did have an issue with my SR-25 EMC. KAC, while a bit slow (understandably), took care of me by giving me a new barrel AND replacing my URXII rail with a URXIII "prototype" rail (this was before the URX3.1 was released). Bottom line...I got my rifle back good to go and I'm pleased with it. Shoots .5-.6MOA regularly with 178 BTHP's and sounds great with my AAC can.

I could care less about the KAC bashing here or elsewhere. KAC stuff is very expensive, but I buy what I like and what fits, not what's cheap/expensive/etc. Proof that AAC, Magpul, Larue, and KAC can all play nicely....

IMG_5526.jpg

Waiting on the Leupold MK6 3-18x44...or possibly a CQBSS since Leupold gives a mean discount for Mil/LE.

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

CMS,

Nice weapon.

I wasn't aware that AAC actually made a suppressor mount/flash suppressor that actually fit the threads on the SR25. When did this become available and where did you purchase it?

Thanks in advance.

NIce Rig, I am waiting for the GDI mount for my CQBSS and EMC. Still trying to decide which suppressor to go with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CMS,

Nice weapon.

I wasn't aware that AAC actually made a suppressor mount/flash suppressor that actually fit the threads on the SR25. When did this become available and where did you purchase it?

Thanks in advance. </div></div>

Fongman,

AAC never released any prior to recently. They made approx 10 Blackouts and 10 Brakes in 3/4x24. Some went to KAC and a few went to the military (As per Mers at AAC). I bought the flash hider off of a guy who knows people at both...not sure where he got it. As of a few weeks ago AAC released 3/4x24 muzzle brakes, but no flash hiders. Not sure how many they have left or how big of a run they're doing...but if you need one try calling Randall at Allen Arms Tactical (they're in SC) as he should be able to hook you up. With the SDN6 can it's pretty quiet...about the same as my 11.5" SBR in 5.56 with the same can. Here's a Youtube video of about 10 rnds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1mcR2Hb7I

Yea if only YHM would make a suppressor mount for my 308 can.

They basically told me I was out of luck and eith buy their 338 can (another 7-8 month wait or rethread my barrel.

The suppressor was gonna be for my LMT before I sold it for the SR-25, I didnt realize YHM is the one of the few companies that don't make adapters for SR-25's

Free

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CMS,

Nice weapon.

Fongman,

AAC never released any prior to recently. They made approx 10 Blackouts and 10 Brakes in 3/4x24. Some went to KAC and a few went to the military (As per Mers at AAC). I bought the flash hider off of a guy who knows people at both...not sure where he got it. As of a few weeks ago AAC released 3/4x24 muzzle brakes, but no flash hiders. Not sure how many they have left or how big of a run they're doing...but if you need one try calling Randall at Allen Arms Tactical (they're in SC) as he should be able to hook you up. With the SDN6 can it's pretty quiet...about the same as my 11.5" SBR in 5.56 with the same can. Here's a Youtube video of about 10 rnds:

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SR25ECC2.jpg
</div></div>

Deadly, what color did you get it redone in?? Cerakote, Duracoat?? Looks good.

There were I think two members here who owned or currently own EMCs and have stated they are a bit picky when it comes to ammo. So my question is; is the ECC a bit less ammo finicky then the EMC? I don't mind spending the coin but I'd like to be able to use a wider selection of ammunition.

Ive run PMC 147, American Eagle, FGMM, Hornady TAP, SA Surplus, Lapua 167, and a bunch of other less than ideal ammo. Mainly run PMC and Hornady TAP.

Never a hiccup

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMBradshaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My pops just got the ECR and it is looking pretty promising. We haven't shot any 175 grain bullets out of it yet but we shot some Federal Gold Match 168s and it did pretty well. We are going to be doing a comparison shoot here soon with the ECR, OBR and Les Baer 308. I'll post results in the coming weeks. This ECR came with a shot log and they had fired 68 rounds through the gun before it left Knight's factory. Unlike Larue, they included the actual test target and it had 4 shots in 2 holes and 1 outlier. This ECR came with their own muzzle device that works with their QDS cans but I'm taking that off and putting the surefire overlap on it. </div></div>

RMB and I shot the ECC, Les baer , and OBR with FGM 168s ( wish we had 175s) as the standard and they all shot pretty much consistently in my opinion(all around 3/4 moa from us both).I admit to needing a great deal more time behind semi-autos before I would consider myself anywhere near proficient.I didnt take many pics, but I honestly dont think you would go wrong with the KAC ECC. I honestly liked it the best out of the three, esp if KAC is doing a better job with CS and mil discounting(I have also heard that KAC is good about answering questions). I certainly enjoyed shooting it very much. The OBR certainly was not leaps above it by any means.

I know this much, I like the surefire brake we used on the OBR better then what came on the les baer (his own) and KAC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LarryA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There were I think two members here who owned or currently own EMCs and have stated they are a bit picky when it comes to ammo. So my question is; is the ECC a bit less ammo finicky then the EMC? I don't mind spending the coin but I'd like to be able to use a wider selection of ammunition. </div></div>

They're not a fan of underpowered ammo. I've had a few short strokes with MagTech crap. Any decent M80 ball clone load will run well. That said...you don't pump 87 octane into a Lambo or a Ferarri...if you can affort the rifle you can afford to feed it with decent ammo.

CMS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CMS,

Nice weapon.

Fongman,

</div></div>

Thanks for the info. It's good to know the right people...
wink.gif

I ran PMC, q3130, a variety of TAP, Federal AE, PRVI m80 and even some Radway surplus through my ECC without a hiccup doing fast follow up shots and blasting to see if any would not run reliably. Im very confident in my ECC. I ran some questionable ammo through it just for the hell of it. But like others have said, why buy a Ferarri and run the cheapest gas out there though it.

For practice, I have heard PMC is good ammo running pretty cheap. I am stocking up on q3130 as well.

Austin,

You're killing me. I'm putting in a call to Neil either tomorrow or Saturday. That last remark about the SAS ammo really did it.

Where I live prices are as follows:

FGMM: $26.00/box
PMC : $17.00/box
South African : $8.50/box

Now, obviously I'm not expecting SAS to perform near the level of FGMM, but for blasting and good 'ole fashion fun, I'm willing to settle for "Minute of Broad Side of a Barn" accuracy so long as it's not accompanied by FTF's/FTE's. Not to worry, I still have ample amounts of FGMM on hand for when the paper needs a good poke in the eye.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to ask: Did you cerakote your ECC yourself or did you send it off somewhere?

And to all you, " why would you put cheap gas in Ferrari?" guys:....Shad up!
grin.gif

I painted it myself and the SA surplus was running right at a MOA @ 100 yds. I use it and PMC when I run the gun as a battle rifle, then Hornady TAP of FGMM when I am shooting long distance.

You wont regret getting an ECC if that is what you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That said...you don't pump 87 octane into a Lambo or a Ferarri...if you can affort the rifle you can afford to feed it with decent ammo.
</div></div>

You'll put 87 octane in a Ferrari or a Lambo when the alternative is throwin rocks. . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krazny</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cms81586</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That said...you don't pump 87 octane into a Lambo or a Ferarri...if you can affort the rifle you can afford to feed it with decent ammo.
</div></div>

You'll put 87 octane in a Ferrari or a Lambo when the alternative is throwin rocks. . . . </div></div>

lol good point. All the more reason to hoard the good stuff
wink.gif

the ecc or ecr are definitely on my short list. Here is the MK11 carbine all nice and jerseyfied.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't need to do any mods but to be fair the Ergo is the LMT version with the texture. Not sure if they do anything else to it, but it was extremely easy. The Surefire brake on the otherhand.......major PITA. Thank god my buddy had a few tools to help. Honestly, i would not have been able to do the swap out.

Great info, I really wish KAC offered 7.62 uppers since I have the MK11 carbine as well and really wish I had the ECC. To 2nd the above my 11 shoots 1 MOA with the PMC, It's a pretty good substitute for match ammo but still runs great.