• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR Gold Trigger System

padronanniversary

Sergeant
Minuteman
Anyone have feedback on the SR Gold trigger system ?

My top choices are

CG Xtreme
Geiselle

mainly due to their reputation and also since they are two stage. I know the SR Gold is single stage, but wanted feedback if anyone has used them. I could not find much feedback on them at all.
Thanks in advance

Re: SR Gold Trigger System

I posted the exact same question about a week ago.I got 2 responses from people who didn't own one personally but believed them to be the best available.
The best reccomendation I got was to look on www.brianenos.com. for more info.I found quite a bit on the AR gold triggers, but so far nothing on the SR. Still, based on what I've been able to find out, it's a great system.
Availability seems to be a problem though, and I wasn't able to get a clear answer from anyone as to when I could get one.
If you don't want to wait, Geiselle and Jewell are close in price and performance, and are currently available.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there were some feedback on the reliability of the system, and hopefully no issues. Just curios how they feel. Seems like a nice little system, although the gold bling kinda deters me from it.

Availability isn't a problem for a little bit. Brownell's has them in stock right now. I cancelled my direct order with PACT from 12/23/09 and ordered from Brownells. PACT was still a few weeks away from being able to fill my order.

Also the AR Gold is a two-stage trigger. Not single stage.

One thing I forgot to mention: I did read from several people who bought the AR Gold trigger that they were less than impressed with the quality of the gold finish on the trigger.
I heard descriptions ranging from "spotty" to "dull". Even still, those people were so impressed with the function of it, the finish didn't bother them. I, personally, would just paint it black anyway.
As for reliability, I've not heard a single complaint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Availability isn't a problem for a little bit. Brownell's has them in stock right now. I cancelled my direct order with PACT from 12/23/09 and ordered from Brownells. PACT was still a few weeks away from being able to fill my order.

Also the AR Gold is a two-stage trigger. Not single stage. </div></div>
Are you referring to the AR Gold, or the SR Gold trigger?
The SR is a newer model designed for use with the SR-25/LR-308 platform. I know the AR gold has been available for awhile, but the O.P. was looking for info on the SR version.

I just received mine today. Installed it in my Eagle Arms AR-10 and it failed the primary sear engagement with trigger held test. That is, the hammer follows the bolt carrier back forward when the trigger is held, no disconnect. It was too late to call Pact today, so we'll see what they say tomorrow. I'm bummed because this is a very nice trigger. In fact, the secondary safety sear feels better than my current OEM single stage trigger! The gold on the trigger looks more like Titanium nitride than gold to me, which should not wear. I agree though that it's a little gaudy. Anyway, we'll see what they say tomorrow.

I have one on my LR-308 and its a great trigger... I dont care about the finish on the trigger which is dull, just the functionality. It has a 6 ounce first stage, and a 2.5 or 3 pound second stage I cant remember which. It has the feel of a AR trigger, but the second stage breaks like a single stage. I guess people describe it as the breaking of a "glass rod" effect. I have shot GG and I would highly recommend this trigger system over it by far. If you have any other questions just lemme know.

OK, here's the follow up. I called Pact and talked to their trigger tech support guy. He said that some early DPMS's, and a lot of SR-25's have variances in there cocking line, that is the distance from the bottom of the bolt carrier to the trigger pin holes, and this trigger won't work in those. He said all Armalites had worked. Mine is an '04 or '05 Eagle Arms which should be the same. He was very candid about what it would take to fix it although all he could do for me was to take the trigger back for a refund. That's not what I had in mind.
frown.gif
He said that the cocking surface of the hammer had to be higher. He said they had made some hammers over sized in this dimension to fit to SR-25's but wasn't sure if they still had any and that they did not do custom work. I offered that I could TIG weld material there after determining how much I needed. He said that would work. So I built up the surface with aluminum tape until it functioned properly, measured the thickness, welded and ground / polished to said thickness. The trigger works great. Now I know that TIG welding takes this installation out of the realm of DIY'ers but a competent professional builder should be able to do it. I shot it in an ACTS tactical match last Saturday and this trigger is awesome! I wanted a better bench trigger but did not realize how much faster this trigger would allow you to shoot with accuracy in tactical situations. I've compared it to a friends RRA two stage and like the American trigger much better. It has a lighter first stage with a more defined pressure increase for the second and no perceptible creep. You won't pull through this second stage inadvertently. The second stage is easily adjustable for both weight and engagement with an allen wrench. In the first stage, you are only moving against a spring, the sear surface doesn't move. I also dry fired a GA DMR at a match a month ago but cannot honestly say which I liked better. The Geissele was very nice, I would have to have both guns to do an A-B comparison to pick one. All in all, I love this trigger.
laugh.gif

I have an Armalite AR-10 and a Remington R-25.
I was very happy with the Armalite match trigger.
The R-25 trigger was horrible so I went look for an upgrade.
Then I heard about the SR Gold, so I gave it a try.
I didn't even get a confirmation after placing my order.
Heard nothing after a couple week, so I email them asking them to cancel my order.
No response, so I called them a week later.
Whoever picked the phone was like he's been having a bad life.
Anyway, he told me my order was shipped. so ok, I'd give it another shot.
Another week went by and I saw nothing, so I called again so if I could get a tracking.
They could not even find a tracking for me, but they said my order was shipped last week and I should have it soon. Whatever...

Then the trigger came...
Oh my good God. It was like nothing else.
It was like when I first bought the jewel trigger for my 700 police gun. I bought nothing else after that, but jewel trigger.
I now want one for my Armalite AR-10 even thought the factory match trigger is already pretty good.

I heard stories about the SR Gold might not work for some gun, but on my case, it was PERFECT.

Ive got the AR gold in my build. I LOVE IT. I actually turned it down around 2lbs. It has a slight first stage where it hits the wall. Then its very crisp break. Easy to install, very nice unit

My sr gold feels great and I like the design. I only have several hundred rounds through it and the reliability jury is still out. I am worried that once the gold wears off It will no longer match my grill. Overall I am very pleased with the purchase.

Last edited: